IGNORED

Mtv Awards Liverpool (vote Rick Astley)

Jay Bernard

I've never actually heard of Rick Ashley. I'm might go and vote for him now. What genre does he usually sing?

I also voted Paramore and Coldplay in some of the other catagories. I can't wait for the Kerrang! Awards 2009, time for Lostprophets to get thier two-year title back off Bullet For My Valentine!

Best act ever?

Britney Spears (wtf!), Christine Aguilera (wtf!), Green Day (good band but the best act ever..wtf!), Rick Astley (wtf!), Tokio Hotel (who?), U2 (great band but the best act ever..wtf!?)

Someone's on some very powerful drugs here and I don't think it's me.

Either that or this is actually an entry into the "best use of irony ever in the whole universe" category at some complete other awards ceremony!

Tokio Hotel are by far the worst band that I have ever heard. They come from Germany and are a massive faggot/emo/makeup band who's only average song is Scream. Which after the second listen gets irritating. The singer is by far the worst ever heard and that's worse than Cilla Black. The singer, if you can call him that is know for his random, obsene homosexual haircuts which usually look like this or this. If this isn't bad enough they should be banned from the whole competition for the sole reason. They're German.

Apparently Albert Docks been hired out for a celebrity party - the echo will be creaming themselves at the prospect of it.

Brandon Flowers called Liverpool "the birth place of rock and roll" which is nice, that'd be ace on a welcome sign.

Welcome to Liverpool

Birthplace of Rock & Roll

and home of Everton FC :)

Brandon Flowers called Liverpool "the birth place of rock and roll" which is nice, that'd be ace on a welcome sign.

Might look ace but it'd be completely inaccurate....birthplace is difficult to tie down, Alan Freed in Cleveland, Ohio in the early fifties is often credited with inventing the phrase but it'd been around a while before then.

Liverpool can claim a huge influence in the progression of Rock 'n Roll for sure, but to call it the birth-place would be frankly laughable :) .

It was an obscure reference to the Slave museum being opened in the Albert Dock and if you visited it you'd swear blind that Liverpool was central to the slave trade. ;) Don't get me wrong, I know Liverpool was involved with the triangular trade in the 18th century but so was Bristol. London saw a lot more slaves come and go.

Gotcha Louis....a touch of irony completely wasted on me :unsure: .

The Bristol end I know a bit about, my wife was brought up in Clifton....huge, huge impressive houses built almost entirely on the slave trade. Not Britannia's greatest moment....and we've had a fair few dodgy one over the centuries :( .

• 5 weeks later...