IGNORED

Gerrard

Can't say I really care about Gerrard anymore than any of the other overpaid england "stars". Englnads lack of squad mentality and overall poor performances have made it hard for new generations to become true fans of the team, also there is a real lack of national rivallery, we are well behind most of europes elite but ahead of the other home nations. This is one reason why I feel there is a lack of true england fans in todays youth. Everyone cares about there adopoted clubs, I say adopted because clubs are rarely chosen on geographic or family reasons anymore, just success. Young fans crave success and can only find it through clubs as country can't deliver it.

Gerrard represents the modern english footballer. He clearly loves the game, but can you blame he from not loving his country? The way the fans treat the team is a joke. However players like Gerrard do have to take some of the blame, they manage to perform consistantly well for club but look like a school boy when wearing an england shirt. The sad thing is that the thing that would probably get england performing better would be bigger win bonuses, alot of players clearly love there money, maybe this would make them kick on. I don't know.

To be honest if gerrard wants to dive let him dive, if he wants to pull out of an england game let him pull out of the game, it really doesn't bother me at all. Players will be looked back on history, if is happy to be remembered as a diver than he can dig his own grave, if he wants to be rememebered as someone who turns his back on his country than thats fine. He can only write himself into history by what he does at the playing field. He is clearly already in the history books of liverpool but is some way off from being in the history of world football, he has the talent and still has the time to do this, but he needs to cut out the diving and start perfoming for the national team. Its up to Gerrard to do all these things.

If I was Stevie I'd say "b*llocks to this" and quit. The way the England fans incessantly moan drive me up the wall: "Oh, how convenient that he's injured for only a week." Even the blooming English staff admitted that he's injured.

What more proof do they want? Do they want to see his leg amputated and him hopping around on one leg? Jings! It's not a duty to play for England. Nobody should be telling you whether you should represent your country or not; it's your own decision.

I think the whole diving debacle is silly and I disagree that he dives but having said that, the fact that he even might have dived has riled a few fans up. It's why Carra is perhaps the bigger fans' favourite. When he quit England we all said "Get in there Carra" but if Stevie does it then I'm not sure there would be a different reaction. But yeah, maybe because I'm Scottish I have different values for the England team but I just don't see why you'd be proud representing a country that constantly mock the Scouse region, and it's players, and boo their own players.

Yes Blue 250 I did get riled up when I wrote that but then it's a good subject for banter, I'll give you that.

If I was Stevie I'd say "b*llocks to this" and quit. The way the England fans incessantly moan drive me up the wall: "Oh, how convenient that he's injured for only a week." Even the blooming English staff admitted that he's injured.

What more proof do they want? Do they want to see his leg amputated and him hopping around on one leg? Jings! It's not a duty to play for England. Nobody should be telling you whether you should represent your country or not; it's your own decision.

I think the whole diving debacle is silly and I disagree that he dives but having said that, the fact that he even might have dived has riled a few fans up. It's why Carra is perhaps the bigger fans' favourite. When he quit England we all said "Get in there Carra" but if Stevie does it then I'm not sure there would be a different reaction. But yeah, maybe because I'm Scottish I have different values for the England team but I just don't see why you'd be proud representing a country that constantly mock the Scouse region, and it's players, and boo their own players.

Yes Blue 250 I did get riled up when I wrote that but then it's a good subject for banter, I'll give you that.

You think Gerrard should quit!!......Well lets be honest, how much longer will the big names be allowed to keep shafting the national team when their are young lads, like those against Germany ready and willing to break a leg to play for their country!

Was Gerrard injured?....who knows, but we know he will be fit for luckypools next game!

You can understand luckypool position on this.This has to be your season for winning the prem!You've got to try and keep Torres and Gerrard on the pitch, even Gerrard knows time is running out for him.Lose out this year and you will be back to fighting for 4th/5th next season.Gerrard has a couple of seasons tops before he starts burning out, and Carrigher is maybe in his last season at the top!.....those two gone! no local players through in the last 10 years or so and none on the horizon.

Even with money and a half built stadium(if your lucky).....Gerrard will be not replacable!!It could be downhill all the way!

You must keep Gerrard fit.......fuc% England.

Stevie's a big strong lad....get him to try this wrist injury :gay: next time.That's always worth a game off!

That was kinda' funny to be honest. Avram Grant getting pushed over and still remaining to keep the same facial expression that he always seems to have. Gerrard was in the right on that on to be honest. We could be getting picky if we call him for that. Just like the commentator said Gerrard had had the ball held away from him by Grant and Gerrard wanted to get to it as quickly as he could. It was on the brink of half-time so he was trying to be as

quick as possible at getting the game going again regardless what condition the Chelsea Coach was in.

Gerrard Hit By Lighter - Investigation To Take Place

UEFA will launch an investigation after an object was thrown at Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard by a Marseille fan during Wednesday's Champions League match. It is believed a cigarette lighter hit Gerrard in the chest as he was taking a corner toward the end of the first half, having headed in the 23rd-minute goal that clinched the 1-0 victory in Group D and a place in the knockout phase. Sven Johannessen, the UEFA delegate at the match, said it would be mentioned in his report and the one by referee Olegario Benquerenca. Police would also have to look into the incident, but Liverpool was likely to escape punishment because the object was thrown from the end designated for Marseille supporters. Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez praised his midfielder's restraint.

"Gerrard was really good in that incident, maybe the UEFA delegate will notice what happened. Steven did well not to react," Benitez said.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a hater of Liverpool. For all I dislike them I don't hate them at all. My grandad is a Liverpool fan and I don't mind that. I still want them to lost against as many teams as possible but if they win I can accept it and praise what they did well against any other club. It's Steven Gerrard that I really dislike. The number of times that he has cheated and moaning to get his way is just a joke. When reading Jeff Winter's autobiography he said that Gerrard used to send all the referee's signed shirts from him as a thank you (is that not bribing in any way?) and whenever he was on the pitch he used to wind him down to get the decisions that he wanted. I'm not a hater of Liverpool but Gerrard...well, I think we can make an exception.

Guest efctaxi

Gerrard is a great player , but I have to agree that he's got a lot to think about when he sleeps at night .

Nothing worse than a cheat , and if diving isn't cheating , I don't know what is . Players should be held responsible for their actions on the video replays , during , and after a game .