IGNORED

Gerrard

Steven Gerrard has dived int he past but to put him up with Ronaldo is ridiculous who dives every game.

Stevie's admitted to diving in the past and said he felt sick after it. He says it's everything that's wrong with the game. Yes, that wasn't a penalty against Athletico but I don't think it was a dive. There was enough contact to go down.

Of course Everton fans are going to say "Eww, diver" though because you are our rivals. So I won't some of convince you but I'm just putting that point across.

Stevie's admitted to diving in the past and said he felt sick after it. He says it's everything that's wrong with the game.

He must have found himself some good anti-emetic medication matey :) .

Swift search came up with this interesting take on it....from a Liverpool supporter...

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2008/04/rafa-...but-steven.html

PS. That's the first time I've ever seen the Hibbo sending off....was in Greece when the game happened, mix-up over kick off time meant I missed all but the last five minutes and I've never wanted to watch it.

Didn't realise the yellow/red change was so blatant....and it was never in a million years a red, pen was borderline because Gerrard drew it, but can see why it was given.

Glad I missed it, it would have made me very angry and spoilt my holiday :angry: .

Just Everton fans calling Gerrard a cheat!! :o

In the premiership starved wilds of north Norfolk, I have the dubious pleasure of talking to Norwich, Ipswich and mighty Kings Lynn supporters, not to mention a mixture of other teams.

Some know I'm a Blue, others don't.Haven't as yet spoken to anyone who thought it was a penalty, likewise anyone who thought Gerrard didn't dive.

Gerrard is one of the best players of his generation, he has won luckypool many cups, almost by himself.He is also a disgrace when it comes to his cheating.

Own goals, deflected shots going in, injury time winners, goals that never actually cross the goal line...........COME ON!....someone have a word with Gerrard, and tell him he doesn't need to cheat to help luckypool win games!

Steven Gerrard has dived int he past but to put him up with Ronaldo is ridiculous who dives every game.

Stevie's admitted to diving in the past and said he felt sick after it. He says it's everything that's wrong with the game. Yes, that wasn't a penalty against Athletico but I don't think it was a dive. There was enough contact to go down.

Of course Everton fans are going to say "Eww, diver" though because you are our rivals. So I won't some of convince you but I'm just putting that point across.

Wow. I totally can't agree with that. 99% of the Liverpool players have said that they don't think that it was a penalty and most of them have said that they were embarrased to see Gerrard do that, it just wasn't making a good image of the English game. After all it ischeating. There wasn't much contact, if any and it wasn't delibrate or warrant a penalty. The player went up for the header and clipped some of Gerrard's fringe, not enough to go down. Like I said before this is pure cheating.

how anone can defend his dive agaisnt atletico is beyond me, even gerrard himself said he doesnt think it was a pen.

Same for me mate. Nobody has really defended Gerrard, even the Liverpool supporters. Everyone knows that he dove.

was awarded a pen against sheff united i think, for intent!

a penalty for intent!!!!

a penalty for a signed shirt and a pair of preds for the refs lad maybe

It's a well known fact that Steven Gerrard send signed shirts to the Premiership referee's after each season, signed with best wishes. If you think I'm joking read Jeff Winter's autobiography.

Own goals, deflected shots going in, injury time winners, goals that never actually cross the goal line...........COME ON!....someone have a word with Gerrard, and tell him he doesn't need to cheat to help luckypool win games!

what planet do you live on lad? Do you even watch the game?

Thats FOOTBALL. happens every week to teams from every level of the game.

everton never scored in injury time? scored from a deflection? benefited from a bad ref decision? get a grip! :lol:

you survived relegation based on a goal line decision that the ref got wrong!! Relegation, you lucky boys.

oh come on, you are the luckiest club ever, yes we should have went down yes, but many many games ive seen of you lot you have won dubious decisions. The champ league final agaisnt milan is one, a dive for a pen, and the second goal in the build up the assistant ref waved for offside, was ignored by the ref and then goal. If thats not lucky then i dno what is.

oh come on, you are the luckiest club ever, yes we should have went down yes, but many many games ive seen of you lot you have won dubious decisions. The champ league final agaisnt milan is one, a dive for a pen, and the second goal in the build up the assistant ref waved for offside, was ignored by the ref and then goal. If thats not lucky then i dno what is.

the euro cup is just that, a cup. nice to win etc. but ultimatly losing that final would not have had a great effect on LFC, whereas getting relegated, especially in the state everton where back then, could have had a massive effect. Its fair to say you might still be down there, in the lower divisions, had you gone down with that combination of team and chairman.

and as for luckiest club ever, qualify that can you?

ask us again next april 15th how lucky we feel, as a club like.

swings and roundabouts lad.

what planet do you live on lad? Do you even watch the game?

Thats FOOTBALL. happens every week to teams from every level of the game.

everton never scored in injury time? scored from a deflection? benefited from a bad ref decision? get a grip! :lol:

you survived relegation based on a goal line decision that the ref got wrong!! Relegation, you lucky boys.

YES!.......yes I know it happens every week!.....why is it nearly always bloody luckypool who benifit from them :angry: BUT we are really talking about cheats here! When Yakubu dives I will come straight out and call him a cheating prick, who could probably have done the opponents more damage had he stayed on his bloody feet.

As much as most like the Yak, to be fair he's not really Everton through and through, so maybe he learn't that nasty little part to his game elsewhere.

Gerrard though is Mr luckypool and he has cheated for years, to hear his horrible bleating voice calling for a penalty or for an opponent to be sent off, surely if you are a decent football fan, luckypool or not, you have to say he's gone too far!

I have heard some people compare him to the late great Duncan Edwards.......let's be honest for some of Gerrards antics lately........that's a bloody insult to the great mans name!

Yes Gerrard is an excellent footballer, who can unlock any defence, score from any distance and win games on his own.........but he is also a bleating, diving, dirty cheat...what a shame!

Yes Gerrard is an excellent footballer, who can unlock any defence, score from any distance and win games on his own.........but he is also a bleating, diving, dirty cheat...what a shame!

Correct mate, what gets me more is the fact he slates divers and even names players in his autobiography also all the attention players like Drogba get for cheating and nobody ever says a word in the media about that podgy faced git.

Good clip here that shows a few dives http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uVb2gbMtN3I he's a hypacrite at the highest level a great footballer yes a cheat who can barely string a sentence together yes.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Don't know if any of you peeps can remember but back in 2001, the shite played Roma in the Uefa cup semi final at Anfield having won the 1st leg at Roma. The game was 1 each when Roma were awarded a blatant penalty which the ref give. Would have made it 2-1 Roma, 3 each on aggregate but no sooner had the ref pointed to the spot when Gary McCallister said something to the ref. God knows what he said, doubt even a lip reader could tell you :D but the next thing the ref gave a corner. Never seen anything like it before and only once since, when nobhead Clattenberg changed the yellow to a red after an approach from the diving twat Gerrard. Amazing

Don't know if any of you peeps can remember but back in 2001, the shite played Roma in the Uefa cup semi final at Anfield having won the 1st leg at Roma. The game was 1 each when Roma were awarded a blatant penalty which the ref give. Would have made it 2-1 Roma, 3 each on aggregate but no sooner had the ref pointed to the spot when Gary McCallister said something to the ref. God knows what he said, doubt even a lip reader could tell you :D but the next thing the ref gave a corner. Never seen anything like it before and only once since, when nobhead Clattenberg changed the yellow to a red after an approach from the diving twat Gerrard. Amazing

apart from getting the round, 1st leg score, and 2nd leg score completely wrong, you're totally right.

sayin we should have gone down over one decision? talk some sense eh

you had 2 massive ones in one game to win that cup and thats one decision you can think of over the course of a whole season? if that had been counted whos to say we wouldnt have scored anyways?

the thing thats most annoyin about the golden boy stevie g is that hes always the first to say diving is wrecking the game but not too bothered about joining in is he? also the fact that big headed liverpool fans defend him and wont admit it!

sayin we should have gone down over one decision? talk some sense eh

you had 2 massive ones in one game to win that cup and thats one decision you can think of over the course of a whole season? if that had been counted whos to say we wouldnt have scored anyways?

the thing thats most annoyin about the golden boy stevie g is that hes always the first to say diving is wrecking the game but not too bothered about joining in is he? also the fact that big headed liverpool fans defend him and wont admit it!

the problem i have is that you only seem to see what you want to see, and conveniently forget the nailed on penalty we were denied in the 1st half for handball and the fact they scored their second about 15 seconds later. swings and roundabouts

and every liverpool fan i know (in real life now, not internet land) talk openly about gerrard diving, general concensus is no one really gives a shit, that includes me. used to watch united and arsenal always talking in the refs ear, trying to influence him and while the rest of the country seemed to be up in arms over it all i thought was "wish we did that", now we do, good. theres fuck all wrong with players talking to the referee, and if their daft enough to fall for it than thats theirs and everyone elses bad luck. i'd honestly be more bothered about what neville's been up to while all this was going on, if I was you.

I told you I wouldn't convince you so I won't say anymore.

All I will say is that the luckypool tag is just boring now.

Yes, we are the most succesful club in England by fluke. As far as I can see all the goals at Istanbul were right to count, both goals against you lot were right to count plus we had one wrongly disallowed and I don't think we've been particularly lucky in the Premier League in 20 years.

Besides, this year we've been very consistent.

Some more club before country rubbish...

SSN reckons he's out for between 7-10 days with a torn abductor magnus muscle, meaning he is doubtful for the Fulham game and Champions League game.

Yer, alright then! Guarantee he's fit for then, just fancies a week off.

You honestly think that Steven Gerrard fancies a week off? Honestly? Please tell me this is your honest opinion.

He loves football and is the type of player that hates getting substituted, let alone a game off.

Perhaps he's just, you know, injured? Like players do get injured? It's a possibility that you might want to accept.

Besides I couldn't give a toss if he plays for England. Best news I've heard this week.

Oh my goodness. You're really not shaking off the bitter tag saying something like that are you? Pulling out an incident that occured 6 years ago? :rolleyes:

I know that 90% of the guys on this board wouldn't be sad enough to pick out an example as old as that but please.

Edited by StevO