IGNORED

Jermaine Pennant

well there were a few scouts at my game on the weekend but I think they were from Newcastle looking to pair me up with Mark Viduka up forward.

i heard they were after pairing you up with a short guy called dec :huh:

not the best, but i wouldnt complain if we signed a winger, rather a lefty though

not the best, but i wouldnt complain if we signed a winger, rather a lefty though

ditto, osman and pienaar are both naturally right footed, I would have liked to see manny fernandes stay as he added some flair to our left, and i'm not all too confident with Osman's recent central role. Still it's pennant, if he's not good enough for the red shite's bench why should we settle for him?

No No and No.

This would be a disasterous signing to make. He's done everything that makes you not want to buy him. He's been in trouble with the police and played with a tracker on him at Birmingham. Left for Liverpool and done absolutely nothing and above all he's incredably arrogant. I can't stand the man.

For the facts, he signed with Liverpool in 2006 and has made just over 50 appearances, which isn't all that much, scoring 3 goals. He hit his peak whilst playing for Birmingham as when he was at Arsenal he only made 12 full apperances.

Not a good buy to be honest, we could use the money that it would take to sign him on the likes of Moutinhio and Love.

because pretty much their whole bench is good enough for our team.

got to accept they have a better squad than us.

i dont exactly hope we sign him, but im sure if we got him he'd play most games, not sure who'd get dropped though. he can cross a ball

I don't doubt liverpoop have a better squad, I'm just thinking about going forward. If Liverpool are 2nd in the league and in the Champs League without him playing a game for them, it says something about his quality. Plenty of players can cross a ball, and I'd much rather a player who is more driven to go as far as he can with his team than ones who are happy to sit on the sidelines. If Pennant was really trying his hardest in training and wanted to show the FSW that he was good enough for 1st team I'd think differently, but he's not even a bench player, and it says something about his attitude.

Saha was different because he was plagued with injury, and worked hard when he did play, and does now. I perosnally think Pennant will be closer to a Van Der Meyde signing in that respect, do fuck all work for us and just add another wage slip to our bill.

And if we want to get into Europe next year, and continue to progress in the premier league, we need underestimated and up and coming players that will help propel us to that position. Pennant won't, he's just bench fodder. Granted the type of players we need either get snapped up by bigger teams or don't want to move, or are in short supply anyway, but if we're going to improve as a team we need a player with a good work ethic and a strong desire to play. Pennant is a liability in that aspect.

Edited by The Regulator