IGNORED

I Told Em Oldham.

Well done to Oldham last night for playing in an all bright pink kit, Shorts socks and shirt, the full monty.

In recognition of the cause for Cancer. Leeds wouldnt be the easiest place to go and do that, so well done.

Also for having the nuts to give Lee Hughes a contract after coming out of prison when a lot of clubs baulked at the chance, they have been rewarded with 17 goals from him so far, and are sitting well up the league pushing for promotion.

Well done Oldham.

Well done to Oldham last night for playing in an all bright pink kit, Shorts socks and shirt, the full monty.

In recognition of the cause for Cancer. Leeds wouldnt be the easiest place to go and do that, so well done.

Also for having the nuts to give Lee Hughes a contract after coming out of prison when a lot of clubs baulked at the chance, they have been rewarded with 17 goals from him so far, and are sitting well up the league pushing for promotion.

Well done Oldham.

Spot on Bill, like me you take notice of the lower leagues

I've been really impressed with Hughes since he has returned to the game. It would have been very easy for him just to walk away from it all but I think its impressive that he has made a success of himself again. He manages to turn the stick he gets from opposing fans into something good and is silencing quite alot of them at the moment. I just hopes he repays Oldham by sticking with them rather than moving to bigger things straight away, he was heavily linked with a move away during the January transfer window. I think he owes it to Oldham to at least see out his contract as they did take a big gamble to bring him back, both in footballing and reputation terms.

Very easy for him to walk away from it all ?

He's had a bit of practise at doing that in the past :angry:

The guy did wrong served the sentence demanded by the state so let him be, I certain no one on Gods earth regrets his actions more than he does having seen interviewed he was genuinely contrite. At his time of life he must make the most of the few years he has left in the game, most people in his boots would do the same

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just hopes he repays Oldham by sticking with them rather than moving to bigger things straight away, he was heavily linked with a move away during the January transfer window. I think he owes it to Oldham to at least see out his contract as they did take a big gamble to bring him back, both in footballing and reputation terms.

He's joined Blackpool on loan.

Theres something fishy going on there, ( not a pun on blackpool) but with the Club chasing a play-off place you dont lend a player out who is a regular 1st teamer, and the clubs leading scorer. :huh:

Theres more to this than meets the eye, said the blind man. ;)

Doesn't seem to make sense does it. Financial reasons is the only thing I can think of. Oldham could be close to adminastration. I think the deadline has just passed for teams going into adminastration so now you will be deducted the points from next season. Possibly this could be a reason? Speculation of course...