IGNORED

It's Getting Exciting

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stranger things have happened Dark. I think Arsenal may get something from the game, I think that Arshavin will do something special.

However you do have to fancy United at least getting a point at home. Did you know that, if they do get at least a point, this will only be the second time under Ferguson that United have won the league at home? Every other time its been secured on the road.

WBA & Middlesbrough could be relegated today. Both of these teams are a full three points away from safety and a loss would send them down to the Championship for the next season. West Brom are down already as they play Liverpool later this afternoon, Pool are hoping to keep their Premiership hopes alive and will not slip up against the Baggies. Sadly it's night night for them. Boro are at home, but it's against Aston Villa. It's going to be another tough match and one which I think with all the odds with Boro (at home, Villa shite) they will still go down today.

Sad to see, let's hope that Hull can beat Bolton and relegate those gobshites Newcastle.

Sad to see, let's hope that Hull can beat Bolton and relegate those gobshites Newcastle.

ManU taking the title today has given Hull a bit more hope, they'll be taking on an even weaker United XI than we faced in the cup next week. A point at Bolton today and they've got a decent chance :) .

Boro's all but done. Their only chance of survival now is to win next week, then hope that Newcastle, West Brom, and Hull all lose, and that Hull's loss is lopsided enough for Boro to make up a 4-goal deficit in goal differential.

Agree with that, they should look to the Championship because at the moment that is where they are going. Newcastle may scrape something and Hull/WBA will lost, it's all but over for them now. I'm a fan of Gareth Southgate for who he is, he seems like a nice guy but the cold hard truth is that he has failed at the Riverside. Downing will surely move too before the window closes.

Guest efctaxi

Remaining fixtures :

Sunday, 17 May 2009

Chelsea v Blackburn, 16:00

West Brom v Liverpool, 13:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 18 May 2009

Portsmouth v Sunderland, 20:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 24 May 2009

Arsenal v Stoke, 16:00

Aston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00

Blackburn v West Brom, 16:00

Fulham v Everton, 16:00

Hull v Man Utd, 16:00

Liverpool v Tottenham, 16:00

Man City v Bolton, 16:00

Sunderland v Chelsea, 16:00

West Ham v Middlesbrough, 16:00

Wigan v Portsmouth, 16:00

West Brom are unlikely to beat both Liverpool and Blackburn , but anything is possible .

Boro are away to West Ham , who's season is now over , so chance of a win there for them .

Newcastle are facing Villa , who are playing fairly poorly , so a chance there .

Sunderland for me might go down . They need to beat Portsmouth , and / or Chelsea .

Hull face United , and will probably come up against kids fighting for a place . 50/50

At the other end , Spurs face Liverpool , and are reliant on us beating Fulham .

A draw is enough for Fulham looking at goal difference .

My predictions for the drop ?

Haven't a bloody clue lol :lol:

I don't think anyone here is following the belgian league? No? well, i'm telling anyway :P

sure isn't the best in the world, but definatly the most suspenseful atm!

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2009/May/17/...missed-penalty/

a spelling eror in the article (doesn't matter really, cause probably none here is interested:p):

standard played against gent, and anderlecht against genk.

Also the stakes are extra high this year, because for some reason the champion gets to the CL without qualificationround(= lot of money)

Edited by Churinga

Guest efctaxi
Also some belated congrats to AZ Alkmaar, who won the Dutch league for the first time in club history.

One of my Dutch friends lives very close to their ground , and is obviously a big fan of theirs .

I thought they were very good in the cup last time round , and pleased for them this year .

Newcastle face Aston Villa for their last game of the season in the bottom three, with Middlesbrough, Sunderland and Hull also trying to avoid the drop. A traumatic season has left Newcastle on the brink of relegation for the first time since the 1988-89 season.

Let's hope that this is the day that Newcastle go down to the Championship.

Guest efctaxi

I have to say mate , that though we've all had a crack and a laugh at the teams going down , I won't be wishing relegation on any of them when I'm truthful .

Some of us have been there on the final day of the season , and it's not nice , and I won't wish it on any of them banter aside .

If they drop , then they drop , but good luck to all the teams today .

Guest efctaxi

Would it have been better for Hull to face the full United team today though ?

Can't see many of the big names going in for a 50/50 after all .

Guest efctaxi

As it stands :

Spurs losing / Fulham losing ( Fulham qualify for Europe and we stay 5th ) :D

At the bottom :

West Ham 1-0 Boro

Villa 1-0 Newcastle

Hull 0-1 United

Sunderland 0-0 Chelsea

Hull and Sunderland safe at the moment .