IGNORED

It's Getting Exciting

I was reading an article on Sky Sports that basically summed up this weekend's football and how much it's thrown a spanner in the works. From the start this season was mad. Tottenham were rock botten after being tipped to challenge for Europe with Juande Ramos and Hull were soaring into Champions League places. Since then it's all changed, Hull are now looking to the relegation places and Tottenha have started to push up the table.

The question is - What will happen?

Who will win the title?

Who will claim that last Champions League place?

Will we finish in the Europa positions?

Will Newcastle finally go down?

Is it too late for West Brom?

It's all getting exiting. :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading an article on Sky Sports that basically summed up this weekend's football and how much it's thrown a spanner in the works. From the start this season was mad. Tottenham were rock botten after being tipped to challenge for Europe with Juande Ramos and Hull were soaring into Champions League places. Since then it's all changed, Hull are now looking to the relegation places and Tottenha have started to push up the table.

Who will win the title?

Maybe this was the season the premier league needed.From Wigan downwards all teams could still go down.One of three teams can win the prem, and with a little bit of luck with injuries we would have been amongst three teams fighting for the 4th champions league spot.Leaving about 3 or 4 teams after the Europa positions.

Hull at times this season have proved you can come up and give it a good go.5th would be really good for us this season.

The relegation issue will I hope go to the last day.

Who will win the title? Manchester United (please!)

Who will claim that last Champions League place? Arsenal

Will we finish in the Europa positions? Yes.

Will Newcastle finally go down? hope so but they're stuffy and will probably get themselves out of it :(.

Is it too late for West Brom? Yes.

Guest efctaxi

Who will win the title? Liverpool United will lose to Villa , City , and Arsenal and will finish 3rd. :smile_anim:

Will we finish in the Europa positions? Yes But we are not assured of it .

Will Newcastle finally go down? Yes :thumbsdown_still:

Is it too late for West Brom? Yes

Who will win the title? Manchester United

Will we finish in the Europa positions? Yes.

Will Newcastle finally go down? I bloody hope so, but don't think they will, they have players like Martins and Owen coming back at the right time. Unfortunatly, they should bring in someone to replace Hughton though if they wan't to stay up as he simply can't cut it. am praying they go down though, i hate those geordie bastards, also would like to see Taylor in an everton shirt!.

Is it too late for West Brom? Yes

• 2 weeks later...

What a weekend eh? Both sides challenging for the Premier League title won their games in the last few minutes in a dramatic two days. As we all know it was 0-0 between Fulham & Liverpool until Yossi Benayoun cropped up with a winner on the bring of full time. Aston Villa lead Manchester United until the 80th minutes until non-existant Cristiano Ronaldo popped in an equaliser before ten minutes later Macheda won it.

It all seems to be going from bad to worse with Newcastle. Micheal Owen did score only to have his goal ruled out before seeing his side end the afternoon with no points after Lampard and Malouda put themselves on the scoresheet.

IMO it's too late for both West Brom and Middlesbrough, all that has to be decided is who will follow them;

Newcastle?

Sunderland?

Stoke?

Portsmouth?

Mancehster United now lead the race for the title - Will they stay there...

6 minutes were added on at the United game:

The question is who cares?

(+) It put Manchester United back above Liverpool

(+) It put us within one point of Aston Villa

Yeah it might have been a bit bias towards United but I don't really care. It has worked out well for us Evertonians and we can now go into the away game on Saturday with a Villa side low on morale and confidence. Their bad run has gone on for another game and lets hope that it holds out for another week. We can defeat them, we should have done it last time at home had it not been for some heads in the clouds.

they scored in the 3rd minute of stoppage time not 5th and then was played til the 6th still after that cant see what was wrong with it all?

Exactly, if the conspiracy theorists are right then surely the whistle would have gone as soo as they scored rather than allowing Villa a couple of minutes to find an equaliser :huh: .

United still have a game in hand, meaning they can go a confortable 7 points clear. As for Villa, 7 defeats in the last 7 games, their morale might be low, but the game they played at OT just might give them a boost, since their next game is decisive, loose, they go down to 6th.

Arsenal have regained their form, so they might hold on to 4th, but CL is back this week, and FA isn't that far off. lots of games and pressure on those top teams, I see them loosing more points still.

I think that Manchester United will breeze past Middlesbrough and Hull without problems. Wigan look all set to be defeated too after the performance that they put out at Goodison. With the game in hand that they have and the teams that are left to play it looks like this season is once against Manchester United's. I really hope they do win it too :)

Excluding Champions League & The FA Cup these are who United are yet to play:

Sunderland (A)

Portsmouth (H)

Tottenham (H)

Middlesbrough (A)

Manchester City (H)

Wigan Athletic (A)

Arsenal (H)

Hull City (A)

Arsenal and City are the only teams that could any problems IMO.

I certainly wouldn't put my shirt on any team to win the P/L. Uniteds win on Sunday should not hide the fact that they struggled badly to overcome a demoralised Villa side recently stuffed 5 - 0 at Analfield. United remain favourites but either the SAhite of Chelski could still win it......................a few more injuries for any of them and then who knows

I certainly wouldn't put my shirt on any team to win the P/L.

To be honest I'd go with you on that one. It's still so close at the top for the title.

1: Manchester United - 68 points

2: The Shite - 67 points

3: Chelsea - 64 points

6: Everton - 51 points

We arnt that far behind :P

But I think that it will be either United or Liverpool that win it, Chelsea are the dark horse but I just can't see them doing it. I can't see either of the 'Top 2' slipping much if anything from now till the end of May 09'

I certainly wouldn't put my shirt on any team to win the P/L. Uniteds win on Sunday should not hide the fact that they struggled badly to overcome a demoralised Villa side recently stuffed 5 - 0 at Analfield. United remain favourites but either the SAhite of Chelski could still win it......................a few more injuries for any of them and then who knows

Your point is valid, but remember that united had 2 losses before that game, so morale wise, they weren't flying high either. Villa knew that that game was their last hope to get into CL this year, since another loss meant 3 more points down to arsenal, and Everton at their heels. Just before another CL game, united needed the win, to get a morale boost, and since they stil have a game in hand, it means liverpoo needs united to slip twice, while winning all their games.

Who will win the title?

its quite simple in my eyes!

man u will win the titel

Arsenal will get the last champ league spot

We will finish in a europa league postition

Newcastle will go down - nothing can save them ( not even a third masah

And its defo to late for west brom.

Next season however has the potential to be very interesting for us!

with a proper start the the season and a little more luck on the injury side of things then we could defo push arsenal/liverpool for that last champions league place.

Some injury hits for Arsenal on the defensive side coming out of yesterday's CL game. Gallas is done for the year, and the keeper Almunia will be out for a couple of weeks. Probably not critical losses, as they have capable backups, but it may sting a bit.

Liverpool & Manchester United both picked up the full points this weekend. Fernando Torres helped Liverpool to defeat Blackburn Rovers 4-0 whilst Manchester United managed to win against Sunderland coming away from Tyneside with a 2-1 victory. This means that Manchester stay in the driving seat for the title and glory. Macheda on target again. Chelsea remain in the hunt after a 4-3 victory but with the number of games rapidly decreasing Premiership glory may have to wait another year for the London fans.

At the other end Middlesbrough kept their survival hopes alive with a 3-1 win over Hull City whilst the Baggies had a 2-2 draw, not good news for the Portsmouth side that was on the recieving end. Arsenal almost secured Champions League next season with a 4-1 victory over Wigan Athletic after being a goal down.

United for the title?

Is it too little to late for Middlesbrough?