IGNORED

It's Getting Exciting

Liverpool & Manchester United both picked up the full points this weekend. Fernando Torres helped Liverpool to defeat Blackburn Rovers 4-0 whilst Manchester United managed to win against Sunderland coming away from Tyneside with a 2-1 victory. This means that Manchester stay in the driving seat for the title and glory. Macheda on target again. Chelsea remain in the hunt after a 4-3 victory but with the number of games rapidly decreasing Premiership glory may have to wait another year for the London fans.

At the other end Middlesbrough kept their survival hopes alive with a 3-1 win over Hull City whilst the Baggies had a 2-2 draw, not good news for the Portsmouth side that was on the recieving end. Arsenal almost secured Champions League next season with a 4-1 victory over Wigan Athletic after being a goal down.

United for the title?

Is it too little to late for Middlesbrough?

I'd say so, but if liverpool go out of the CL, they can focus their force on the PL, while united has to manage 3 competitions still, if they win at dragão...

As for chelsea, they might just focus on that previously elusive CL. Quite an interesting semi they have, against Barça. IF they get through, we'll possibly have a repeat of last year's final.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Chelsea, they might just focus on that previously elusive CL. Quite an interesting semi they have, against Barça. IF they get through, we'll possibly have a repeat of last year's final.

Chelsea's dominance will come in the Champions League. There is just too much going on in the Premiership with Manchester United & Liverpool that it's too late to get into grips with. If they win the title it will come on the last day.

Newcastle begin to look in deep deep shit. Trailing at the moment to Stoke City...the shame...

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting quite interesting with Newcastle. If they lost against Portsmouth then they really are in trouble. I'll tip that if they do fail to win at home then they will join West Brom as Championship newbies. The people are saying that this is the most important game of Shearer's mangerial career yet (even though he's not had that many games) and that this game is the decider on the future of Newcastle.

Meanwhile at the top United face Tottenham and Hull City host Liverpool B)

So, could this be the weekend that puts an end to Newcastle? Let's bloody hope so.

It's getting quite interesting with Newcastle. If they lost against Portsmouth then they really are in trouble. I'll tip that if they do fail to win at home then they will join West Brom as Championship newbies. The people are saying that this is the most important game of Shearer's mangerial career yet (even though he's not had that many games) and that this game is the decider on the future of Newcastle.

Meanwhile at the top United face Tottenham and Hull City host Liverpool B)

So, could this be the weekend that puts an end to Newcastle? Let's bloody hope so.

Shearer is no fool, he took the job in the assured knowledge that the barcodes would never blame him if they go down, why? cus he's Alan Shearer, the same guy built the reputation for being an honest, clean well behaved pro, he was far from that either, sly, underhanded and a dirty whinge bag to boot, pity he was a good scorer, its good bye Toon for a few years

Naw, the ref did. Quelle surprise. How is it that most dodgy decisions go in favour of United than the other way round while for the rest of the league its closer to 50-50?

In a 5-2 result where the spurs keeper did the amazing job that he did, you still blame the ref? That's beeing a sore looser, xav...

Naw, the ref did. Quelle surprise. How is it that most dodgy decisions go in favour of United than the other way round while for the rest of the league its closer to 50-50?

Incredible!....not a mention about the amount of help the ref gave them at Hull!!!

No one could have had more luck and help from refs than them during the first half of the season, even I was "lucky" enough to spot what was going on and dropped a few pounds on them at 7-1 to win the prem! :rolleyes:

Given all that help and luck and money spent on players.....and thay are still going to fuck it up and lose me my money :( !....(even their incredibley blinkered fans were admiting that they had had a very lucky start to the campaign!)...now they bleat and cry because things aren't going their way!!

THEY ARE still in with a chance of winning the prem and me my money!!.......but the reason for them being even in the top 4 is probably down to decisions by refs and luck from the first half of the season, so think on mate!!

ps I'm sick of you lot losing me money!.........I blame Fregie and those bloody refs ;)

I'm still pretty sure that they'll stay up. Boro and Hull will go down, the Barcodes will stay up. Just. I think that Newcastle will win 2 and lose 2 of there final games (wins against boro and fulham, loses against Liverpool and Villa). I can't see Hull winning another game tbh. IMO they will get three more points this season if they are very very lucky, against either Hull or Bolton. Then it would go to goal diff.

God damn I hope that Newcastle go down. I just cant see it happening though.

I can't see Hull winning another game tbh. IMO they will get three more points this season if they are very very lucky, against either Hull or Bolton.

That'd be a neat trick :huh: .

I fear you're right though Jamie (apart from that bit^^^ :lol: ), shame to see Hull go down after such a great start but I think it's likely.

Ah my bad. Would be a clever way to try and get three points though. It's all about thinking outside the box! (I meant Stoke by the way)

Jamie, did you see the Toon last night, they were dreadful, gutless, aimless and no one seemed to know where or who to pass to so they were just giving the ball away. Toon fans streamed out from three quarter time onwards, it was that bad I nearly felt sorry for Shearer and that would be a first. Boro will beat them I'm sure, toon are as good as down

Ah but did you see Boro at the weekend. I know its a different level of opposition when you play Arsenal, but they where pretty dire as well, no drive, no passion, nothing. After facing United this weekend there level of moral will be incredibly low. I think that Newcastle have more than Boro and will be beat them. Unfortunatly.

Guest efctaxi

Saturday, 02 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

Liverpool v Newcastle, 15:00

Saturday, 09 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle v Middlesbrough, 15:00

Saturday, 16 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle v Fulham, 15:00

Sunday, 24 May 2009

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00

I can't see Hull winning another game tbh. IMO they will get three more points this season if they are very very lucky, against either Hull or Bolton. Then it would go to goal diff

Christ Jamie, I thought it was my job to pull tricks like that ;)

Ah but did you see Boro at the weekend. I know its a different level of opposition when you play Arsenal, but they where pretty dire as well, no drive, no passion, nothing. After facing United this weekend there level of moral will be incredibly low. I think that Newcastle have more than Boro and will be beat them. Unfortunatly.

For the Toon to win they would have to score a goal, no one has the capability to do so in that side, the play like strangers, I still fancy Boro, barcodes will go like the clappers early on and as usual they will tire and start squabling with each other ending up like last night, lost on their own pitch

It's going to be a good game next week with Middlesbrough and Newcastle. Boro lost today against Manchester United 2-0. It's getting to panic stations. Ryan Giggs gave the visitors the lead in the first half when his low drive found Brad Jones' bottom left corner before Ji-Sung Park scored United's second when he smashed in Wayne Rooney's neat pass following a delightful move. It's getting to the point now where Boro are looking like a Championship side and next week could be the week that Newcastle pull themselves close to safety.

Stay tuned.

It's looking good for Newcastle now. They are winning 3-1 against Middlesbrough (Boro down now?) and Hull's next two games are against Bolton Wanderers and Manchester United. United are playing for the title and will be all out to win that game. Bolton could slip up but can't really see anything magical happening. It looks as if the fantastic season that was started by Hull was just the opposite of how it would end..

Christ, Newcastle to stay up, what a big club they are. <_<

18: Hull City

19: Middlesbrough

20: West Brom Albion