IGNORED

Reg's Sports Connection Palooza (part One)

The Regulator

I'll take a guess at Harvard University was the first venue for a snooker game in the United States?

This should maybe be in the 'About Forums' section but do you not think it would be better to have all of these in the Quiz section? After all thats what they are and with there being multiple threads it might make the place a bit more neat and tidy.

Just a suggestion. :)

I'll take a guess at Harvard University was the first venue for a snooker game in the United States?

This should maybe be in the 'About Forums' section but do you not think it would be better to have all of these in the Quiz section? After all thats what they are and with there being multiple threads it might make the place a bit more neat and tidy.

Just a suggestion. :)

Sorry dark good guess but wrong ;)

I instinctively put it here since the other sports connection quiz thread is directly below this one where Bill asked if anyone wanted to fill in for Jimmy while he's away...

This is me abliging B)

A cue?

A guess seeing as "Harvard" are a make of snooker tables.

Good try, but wrong :P

Harvard University is the place, but it's not necessarily the name more what happened with it in the past... :mellow:

or more importantly, what got started there....

Edited by The Regulator

Guest efctaxi

In that case , I'll hazard a guess that Harvard was the first place to issue some kind of doctorate / degree / recognition regarding snooker , or at worst , used the mind set of a snooker player in some kind of scientific study :P

Jeez , just realised I've gone past the 1000 post mark :o

God help anyone that read them all :lol:

In that case , I'll hazard a guess that Harvard was the first place to issue some kind of doctorate / degree / recognition regarding snooker , or at worst , used the mind set of a snooker player in some kind of scientific study :P

Jeez , just realised I've gone past the 1000 post mark :o

God help anyone that read them all :lol:

Nope, completely wrong idea :lol:

The first nuclear experiment was conducted by a bloke called Bill Werbenuik, Steve Davis or another similar name to a snooker player or the first upside downs specs were introduced a la Dennis Taylor :axehead:

One of those people is relevant.....and not by a deep connection, focus more on the name ;)

Guest efctaxi

Johns brother Rob was my doubles partner in a tournament a long time ago .

I have an IQ higher than that of any Harvard professor ( I support EFC right ? ) :P

Do I win ?

Thanks for doing the job Reg!

Spotted this and I think the connection is

John Spencer, he was born in Radcliffe Lancashire and was Steve Davis's oponent when he scored the first 147 break on the box. Radcliffe is the name of the largest college at Harvard.......................am I right? B)

Nope lol answer is on the previous page mate ;)

or you can have another guess?

Nope lol answer is on the previous page mate ;)

or you can have another guess?

Where, you've told everyone that their answers were wrong??????????????????????????????

Incidentally the connection I gave is right, I once played a match against John Spencer at the Poulton Vic club in Wallasey, the guy was a magician and a total gent despite his love of the Trotters :D

Incidentally the connection I gave is right...

So let me get this straight Jim...

When you give an incorrect answer, and the connection is a valid one, you are right.

When I give an incorrect answer, and the connection is a valid one, I am wrong.

Sounds fair to me :rolleyes::lol::lol: .