IGNORED

New Everton 09/10 Kit

Louis

Hey all,

Ive been reading the forum for a while but never posted anything, so hi to every1 1st of all.

I have to say something about the new kits. I take it every1 has seen the home kit on the website and im sure maybe 90% will say its a joke. Whats with the Le Coq Sportif, whats wrong with Umbro????

My Gooner friend spotted the away on an arsenal forum:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.p...7&start=180

Do people actually look at these designs and think.....hmmmm yes they will look good in that..........DONT THINK SO.

The last few yrs i have thought the kits have been nice but this is a joke.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

Ive been reading the forum for a while but never posted anything, so hi to every1 1st of all.

I have to say something about the new kits. I take it every1 has seen the home kit on the website and im sure maybe 90% will say its a joke. Whats with the Le Coq Sportif, whats wrong with Umbro????

My Gooner friend spotted the away on an arsenal forum:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.p...7&start=180

Do people actually look at these designs and think.....hmmmm yes they will look good in that..........DONT THINK SO.

The last few yrs i have thought the kits have been nice but this is a joke.

the kits had no originality in them. you look at birmingham or sunderland's kits and they are exactly the same template just evertonised. also at the beginning of the season umbro fucked up and sent our orders up to glasgow (rangers got our kit and we got thiers). plus umbro are owned by JJB and they are shite. the new deal with LCS and kitbag includes alot more money, a better website to buy our stuff on, better leisurewear and trainingwear as well and an original kit (ok whether or not you like it is a different matter but it is original in that no other club has this strip)

Personally I like it.

I think we will really get people debating this kit (as we are all doing on this website) and it will generate some genuine interest. I would imagine this was spoken about upon the design of the kit, with such change there is bound to be such debate

Change is good IMO

Personally I like it.

I think we will really get people debating this kit (as we are all doing on this website) and it will generate some genuine interest. I would imagine this was spoken about upon the design of the kit, with such change there is bound to be such debate

Change is good IMO

It's hardly a change when it's a copy :huh:

the kits had no originality in them. you look at birmingham or sunderland's kits and they are exactly the same template just evertonised. also at the beginning of the season umbro fucked up and sent our orders up to glasgow (rangers got our kit and we got thiers). plus umbro are owned by JJB and they are shite. the new deal with LCS and kitbag includes alot more money, a better website to buy our stuff on, better leisurewear and trainingwear as well and an original kit (ok whether or not you like it is a different matter but it is original in that no other club has this strip)

Well said mate........I said more or less the same it is original ! and I think it looks ok.Very different to the Umbro crap we got for years.Looking on the Everton on line store the gear is 100 times better than the stuff we tried to flog in our club shop (that was a complete embarressment) and our new store in Liverpool 1,Everton 2 hehe which will open on 7th July will be somethin to be proud of.

So to all of you supporters living in the dark ages........move with the times.

Guest efctaxi

Have to say after consideration that both home and away kits are buckin fugly .

Maybe we should get George to design our next one .

Well with the new kit we will win the league, all the cups and europe. Because our opostion will be to busy laughing at the kit to play against us

You know that weird buzzin sound you get at the game, when plays goes flat, of people chattin/talkin? Its now goin to be replaced with laughter :lol: In all fairness though, the two things i like about the kit are a) Its a compliment to the fine men that wore the shirt during our greatest hours and B) like many have said, we have shyed away from 'template' city, where everyone under Nike/Addidas/Umbro wear the same kits, just in different colours!! So there are some bits i like about the kit, just the over all design is a disappointment. Duncanmckenzies avatar (sum1 had mentioned prior) looks a million times better!! :)

Really like the 08/09 Umbro top but think it is better we get our own unique top rather than just an Evertonian version of a template. I do quite like the new top. Have taken the plunge and ordered! :) Eager to see what the finished version of the away top is like.

• 6 months later...