IGNORED

Sunderland (away)

Romey 1878

Weird game. 2-0 for us and looked way too easy. I were expecting that team like sunderland would chalenge us on their homeground, when they need points very hard. But it was looking like just play 90 minutes for fun and then go couple of drinks at pub. Peanuts worked nicely whole game and he was my motm. Clean sheet is ok, but this lineup needs to get more games under belt and they can improve a lot.

Weird game. 2-0 for us and looked way too easy. I were expecting that team like sunderland would chalenge us on their homeground, when they need points very hard. But it was looking like just play 90 minutes for fun and then go couple of drinks at pub. Peanuts worked nicely whole game and he was my motm. Clean sheet is ok, but this lineup needs to get more games under belt and they can improve a lot.

Most of the time it seemed like they were more of a threat to the health of our players than they were to the score sheet.

Sunderland fans leaving in droves 20 mins from the end says it all really.They were poor and we were good enough.Some great work from Pienaar was a major difference.Thought our defence looked pretty good and Yobo is going to fill that great big hole left by Jagielka.Cahill was quiet as was Gosling and Fellaini only really started to play in the second half.

BUT HEY!!, Were in 5th place with an injury ravaged team and small squad, and in a cup final....Well bloody done lads!

Watch those yellow cards boys, no one please miss the final because of them :sad01_anim:

Funny thing from the match for me was Saha!....arguing that he hadn't put his foot high for his booking.....I'v seen can can girls fail to get that high......Louis, shame on you lad.At least the groin didn't go, that's a bit of a surprise :rolleyes:

Guest efctaxi

Starting to like Jo as a footballer , and might be a bit of a blow if we lose him .

He really does do a lot more for the team than score goals . I think the jury is now out on him , and Moyes must be getting to sleep a bit later .

Have always stated that I thought Pienaar is the best footballer in our team , and his only downfall was a lack of end result .

Well , he's starting to get an end result now , and thought he was outstanding yet again today . Definitely one of our best performers this season . Our top 4 in my eyes have been Pienaar , Baines , Jags and Mo , with Arteta close behind .

Jacobsen once again looked worthy of a contract , and I hope he stays .

Solid defensive work again today , so starting to feel a bit better about Jags being out .

Let's put our Hull supporters caps on tomorrow and hope they give Villa a hard time of it . :)

Starting to like Jo as a footballer , and might be a bit of a blow if we lose him .

He really does do a lot more for the team than score goals . I think the jury is now out on him , and Moyes must be getting to sleep a bit later .

Have always stated that I thought Pienaar is the best footballer in our team , and his only downfall was a lack of end result .

Well , he's starting to get an end result now , and thought he was outstanding yet again today . Definitely one of our best performers this season . Our top 4 in my eyes have been Pienaar , Baines , Jags and Mo , with Arteta close behind .

Jacobsen once again looked worthy of a contract , and I hope he stays .

Solid defensive work again today , so starting to feel a bit better about Jags being out .

Let's put our Hull supporters caps on tomorrow and hope they give Villa a hard time of it . :)

Have no worries. I'm sure the Yak will be hungry seeing as he hasn't been fed in awhile :D

Funny thing from the match for me was Saha!....arguing that he hadn't put his foot high for his booking.....I'v seen can can girls fail to get that high......Louis, shame on you lad.At least the groin didn't go, that's a bit of a surprise :rolleyes:

He was probably trying to argue that he was already committed to the high touch before the Sunderland player charged in. Don't think I'd excuse him either, but I bet it was his argument. And yeah, my first thought when they showed the replay was, "Geez, Saha, don't blow out your leg at the end of a game we've already won!"

Soccernet named Yobo to their EPL team of the week, but Arshavin got the nod over Pienaar on the left wing, which considering his display against Portsmouth yesterday I don't have any problem with.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story...and&cc=5901

I was watching the highlights and thinking that...

The 2nd goal was so simple, yet there was no marking on wither piennar or felaini... Could it be their phisical form is dropping, after so many games? It's not supposed to, they should be used to playing this many games...

While it was a brilliant performance it was very professional and we just went about our job and got it done with minimum fuss. In some respect I think we got a bit lucky. I don't think our two CB's coped particularly well with Jones and if their other players had anticipated the second balls better then we could have been in serious trouble. Sunderland are dog shit though it's all good :P . It was a stroll in the park for the most part and it'll be good for our upcoming games that we didn't really have to exert too much energy getting all 3 points.

Howard - Didn't really have much to do but he dealt with every high ball perfectly.

Jacobsen - Looks much better than Hibbert IMO and we'll hopefully offer him a new deal.

Lescott + Yobo - I'm putting them together because they have the same evaluation. They didn't cope with with Jones at all, I thought he outmuscled the pair of them at every opportunity tbh.

Baines - His delivery let him down today but he was good defensively and as ever linked up amazingly with Pienaar.

Gosling - In the first half he was simply a passenger. He came into it more in the second half but I still don't really rate him tbh, he doesn't have any pace or skill.

Cahill - Although playing as a conventional midfielder takes his attacking prowess away he showed today that he can do the job effectively. He was always available for the ball, always providing support etc. You couldn't really ask more of him today.

Neville - A typical Neville performance for this season. You don't notice him all that much but he mops everything up.

Pienaar - A sublime performance. While the rest of the side played well he was the one who stood out from the lot of them. He worked his arse off defensively (as usual), was a constant threat going forward, won us countless free-kicks, he used the ball intelligently for a change, and he added a goal! He must be the same size as Osman but he has so much more body strength. My MOTM.

Fellaini - He didn't do anything spectacular but he had a good game for us. I do wish he'd put a bit more pace on his passes sometimes though!

Jo - Like has already been said; he's showing that he's about much more than goals. His hold up play and bringing other people into the game around is just like what the Yak gives us, and we've missed it. The amount of times he was offside today was infuriating though!

First time I have been able to get online after being to the game. Have a few points, firstly it was probably the easiest three points we will ever get this season. Sunderland where awful, no passion, no commitment, nothing. They could not have made life any easier for us at all. Also the Sunderland fans where pretty awful, only sang anti-newcastle songs never sang a single song about there own players. A little pathetic really, also the ground as horrible. I have never been before but it was a souless, lifeless, identi-kit bowl. I pray to god we do not go down a similar route.

Now to the game:-

Peanuts was fantastic throughout the whole game, I just hope we don't have to wait another month for a similar performance! Though if he performs like that in the final then I won't care.

Also Jo, I am really starting to like him and think it will be a real; shame when he leaves as I just don't think we can afford to retain his services. Its a shame becasue his work ethic is really picking up and his vision is really starting t have a positive effect on the attacking mentality of the team.

Finally, Jaobson. Should play week in week out. Simple as. He brings so much more to the right hand side of the team, composure is the most importnant of those.

Guest efctaxi
Just found the best streaming program ever got skysports onit an the everton games on download an install this http://www.filmon.com/tv/files/v1.8/FilmOn...ayerBeta1.8.exe then click on skysports in the list excellent quality!

Unfortunately filmon.com have had to withdraw services with Sky sports for the time being after getting a letter from the prem :(

http://www.myp2pforum.eu/new-p2p-programs/...-filmon-tv.html

What a pity !

Rest of it is good though .

Just keep off the xxx lol :lol:

What's up with Hibbert at the mo ?

Is he injured , or is Moysey simply having a look at Jacobsen ?

He's shit, and Jacobsen is pretty good. That's my take on it.

Jacob just needed a few games to get into match practice, he's a very decent right-back, and a lot more tactically aware than Hibbert ever is.

Really surprised at the total lack of effort from the Mackems, you really wouldn't think that they were a team with the threat of relegation hanging over them! By far the easiest game for us this season.

Peanut, as mentioned before, easily M.O.M. hope he can keep that going for our remaining games

Guest efctaxi

I thought up untill the goal they played ok to be fair .

I also thought that up untill the goal , we were below par .

I thought up untill the goal they played ok to be fair .

I also thought that up untill the goal , we were below par .

Thats just it though mate, we were not playing too well at all in the first half but even then we were on 60% possession away from home!

They were as you rightly said "ok" until we scored but no more than that, I really did expect more fight from them.