IGNORED

Sunderland (away)

Romey 1878

hmm we should really be beating these, and i hope we do, but for some reason im thinkin we may draw, they have just been humiliated by west brom, and need to get back on top of things, and were better to do that than at ya home ground. I hope we win, but i think it may end a draw 1-1

Plus, we haven't won away from home since Boxing Day :unsure:

yeah thats not too good either, considering before boxing day our away record was absolutley brilliant, it seems are home form has improved (apart from city!) and away record has just dipped slightly

Plus, we haven't won away from home since Boxing Day :unsure:

Its probably worth noting the opposition in that time though, Liverpool, Man United, Newcastle (not great but hard place to go), Blackburn (hadn't figured out how to play without Arteta yet), Villa, Chelsea.

Its not really the easiest of away runs when you look at it.

I hope we aren't keeping an eye on the cup final, especially with one serious injury. However I can't see Moyes accepting that and we really need to consolidate that 6th place and push for 5th, Villa just don't seem to want it but we haven't taken advantage. With Sunderland edgy I can see us sneaking it 1-0.

Edited by The Beard

Guest efctaxi

We really don't want to be fighting to finish in the top 6 , and it's important to get 5th in order to cement our position as next in line .

Must win game for me .

1-0

------------------Howard-----------------

Jacobsen----Yobo----Lescott----Baines

------------Neville----Castillo------------

Gosling---------Fellaini----------Pienaar

-----------------Cahill---------------------

Bench: Nash, Hibbert, Rodwell, Vaughan, Jo, Saha, Osman.

Jacobsen is a much better option to Hibbo at the mo, when we had Hibbet it was ok because anything he missed Jagielka would clean up, I don't feel that secure with Yobo so hopefully Jacob can do the trick. Osman is a spent force and needs resting, Gosling can handle Sunderland as he proved before, and Castillo while not playing amazing has put in solid performances alongside Pip. Jo doesn't score away from home, and Saha doesn't score, so Cahill up front seems wise.

2-1 to us, we will concede as Sunderland are desperate, but there's enough games left if they lose this to stay up so they won't be that threatening.

Edited by The Regulator

Guest efctaxi

Bench: Nash, Hibbert, Rodwell, Vaughan, Jo, Saha, Osman.

Jacobsen is a much better option to Hibbo at the mo, when we had Hibbet it was ok because anything he missed Jagielka would clean up, I don't feel that secure with Yobo so hopefully Jacob can do the trick. Osman is a spent force and needs resting, Gosling can handle Sunderland as he proved before, and Castillo while not playing amazing has put in solid performances alongside Pip. Jo doesn't score away from home, and Saha doesn't score, so Cahill up front seems wise.

2-1 to us, we will concede as Sunderland are desperate, but there's enough games left if they lose this to stay up so they won't be that threatening.

If I thought we could definitely win , I'd also rest Cahill and Mo , and play Jo and Vaughan instead .

Would like to see the other kids get a game in the close in also .

I'm actually quite nervous about this one, hoping for a comfortable win but fear a draw at best.

Having been at Goodison for the reverse fixture I just can't see Sunderland being any sort of threat at all, they were very poor even though they were supposedly on a good run of form at the time.

I'd go along with Martyn's team, think that'll be good enough for a 2-0.

Edit: Relax, it's in the bag, Lawrensen's gone for Sunderland :P .

Sunderland v Everton (1600 BST)

Sunderland really came up short against West Brom last week, which was a game they would have targeted to secure their safety. I'm sure Ricky Sbragia will have them fired up to make sure they compete here.

Everton have come a long way this season, played really well at times and still have the FA Cup final to look forward to, but I think one or two of them may have taken their eye off the ball.

Verdict: 2-1

He also thinks that Villa, "...have broken the back of that awful run of form they were going through" (when did they do that....in terms of results?) so that's put the curse on them.

Would go with that team for the fixture. The form for Everton has been slippery so far and a win needs to come from somewhere. I'm really not over-joyed with this game and I woulden't be surprised if it came back as a draw. I'm hoping for a 1-0 win but I'm really unsure if we get it. More likely 0-0. Where's is Jagielka when you need him :(

-------------------------Howard---------------------------

Jacobson-----Yobo------------------Lescott------Baines

-------------------------Neville----------------------------

--------Cahill----------Fellaini-----------Pienaar---------

----------------Vaughan----------Jo----------------------

That would be my team. 1-0 Tim Cahill