IGNORED

Barcelona

One of the best players in the world at the moment and he will just make Barcelona a bigger force in modern day football. The price tag that goes with him is a big sum but for his services it's well worth it. Even though he will only stay for a few seasons he could well be the key to bringing them success in the BBVA. They already look set for Champions League glory.

if bayern pick hleb that's a good deal for both teams .

Gudjohnson is better IMO. Hleb didn't seem good enough at Arsenal.

Guest efctaxi

Not sure what all the fuss is about Barcelona to be honest .

They won the Champs league in 2006 , but you have to go all the way back to 1992 since they won it last .

Had they met Liverpool instead of Chelsea , they would already have been on their way out of this years cup .

United will still make them look average in the final if both teams get through .

Just my opinion :)

The weak link in Barça is the defense. Puyol is average, Marques isn't that special, sylvinho is 35 and Váldez might be up to the task on the goal, but needs better coverage.

Barça need 2 good central defenders, although i doubt Puyol will leave the starting 11, it might put him at left back, which he can do as well, but in addition they also need another good left back.

With all their attacking power, and the support that both midfield and attack give to defensive work, with a decent defense, Barça would be as close to unstopable as possible.

i think they need him, they need more ideas.

very disappointed with them against chelsea, seemed like they only had one way to play, and if that didnt work they had no plan b. a bit like arsenal. im sure they are great domestically, but against the more organised defensive teams like us english, seemed like a struggle.

ribery is very direct, could do with him.

but gutted he's not going to united now, would like to see him in the prem.

The weak link in Barça is the defense. Puyol is average, Marques isn't that special, sylvinho is 35 and Váldez might be up to the task on the goal, but needs better coverage.

Barça need 2 good central defenders, although i doubt Puyol will leave the starting 11, it might put him at left back, which he can do as well, but in addition they also need another good left back.

With all their attacking power, and the support that both midfield and attack give to defensive work, with a decent defense, Barça would be as close to unstopable as possible.

I agree 100%

their right back Alves is world class, but they need some new blood for the other positions.

i think abidal is quite decent and also i think ribery would be comin in for henry or even e'too if he leaves and switch henry to the centre because hes a wide man not a midfielder really and they play with 3 centre mids dont they. pique looked ok in that match against chelsea seems to have a good eye for a pass too which is quite rare for a defender. but they need a replacement for puyol hes too old now was class 5 years ago

I was on Puyol's profile and was surprised that he had only scored four goals throughout his career. Weird how he scored today! They are showing that they are on of the biggest forces in Europe. I did think that they were over-rated but after today I'm just in agreeance with the world. They are a fantastic team and one which would make any other seem like League 2 sides.

Real Madrid always were the team that people feared but now its their rivals that are dominant.

Guest efctaxi

Chelsea are scared of them looking at the last match , but I'll still stick with my statement regarding Liverpool and United .

English teams are very much Barca's biggest challenge .

• 2 weeks later...

Got better:

Barcelona were crowned Primera Division champions for the first time since 2006 after Real Madrid lost 3-2 at Villarreal on Saturday night. Madrid twice came from behind to draw level, but keeper Iker Casillas' error in stoppage time gifted Villarreal the victory which leaves Juande Ramos' men eight points behind Barca with just two games left. Even a draw, though, would not have been enough for Madrid to stay in the title hunt.

They won the cup and the title in the best compition in the world and are in the CL final.

am i talking about Man u or Barca?:)

And why the hell does the premier league have 2 cups ?:huh:

My guess is that the greedy people at the F.A. thought..."add another cup means more money for us, hmmmm" and BOOM! you have another cup.

They won the cup and the title in the best compition in the world and are in the CL final.

am i talking about Man u or Barca?:)

And why the hell does the premier league have 2 cups ?:huh:

My guess is that the greedy people at the F.A. thought..."add another cup means more money for us, hmmmm" and BOOM! you have another cup.

You have the FA Cup, which, I believe is open to all clubs that belong to the FA, and the Carling Cup, which is only for the top 2 leagues.

The League Cup was formed for a money making spin. I think they started it to make use of when all clubs had to have floodlights and they decided to make some money by making a night-only tournament. It was open to all teams but most top-flight opted which is why even to this day nobody really cares that much about the cup and why its not held in high esteem. The alure of European football is probably the only reason why some teams still push for it.

But at the end of the day, the cup was created for one reason and one reason only. Money.

yes that's the difference, but why?:)

I don't think there are other countries with 2 cups.

We recently started a similar tournament, called the League Cup, also with the only the top 2 league clubs playing in it. It is about money, but since we only have 16 teams in our league, 30 games per season leave a bit of room for another competition, unlike you guys, that have tons of games every year.