IGNORED

Mcdonald Mariga

One of the most talented soccer players Kenya has ever produced now seems to have been locked out of the premiership over a technicality. Portsmouth F.C. manager Harry "Houdini" Redknapp has been quoted as saying that his club (and probably all other English clubs) have now given up on Mariga. The reason is that it is unlikely that the British home office will sanction a work permit for the Kenyan midfielder (who is widely being called the “next Patrick Vierra”) because of Kenya’s low FIFA rankings.

It's a no from me anyway and if he can't get a work permit then there's no chance of him signing, six goals in his career dosen't sound too flattering for a midfielder either, we need someone that can drive foreward not pull back, can't see him doing well here and was surprised how low Kenya are in FIFA's opinion - Kenya are 124th in the world ranking.

I'm not having a dig at the player. I just dont think we need to buy in that position, we should be putting money in more attacking options. The defence (with Jagielka) has been fantastic this season. I want us to look to a new striker and winger, not a Kenyan DM.

I'm not having a dig at the player. I just dont think we need to buy in that position, we should be putting money in more attacking options. The defence (with Jagielka) has been fantastic this season. I want us to look to a new striker and winger, not a Kenyan DM.

We need to fill a few positions, defensive midfield is certainly one that needs bolstering.

Castillo will be gone in the Summer so we need back-up.

True, maybe we should get some cover for Casti. I wasn't considering the fact that he was leaving in the summer. McDonald looks like a decent player but I just don't know enough about him to make a good judgement. This is one of those players that you just have to have faith in Moyes, and I do.

I hope he comes on the cheap though, millions can be spend elsewhere. B)

Makelele plays well there, unsure if Paris Saint-Germain would let him leave the club though in such short time.

To be honest when it comes to the DMC/MC part of our game I'd prefer Defour because even if Mariga came cheap we couldn't get a work permit like mentioned. 4.5 for Castillo is a waste in my opinion.

Anyway I think Neville does the job well anyway but if he goes Castillo would be gone, thus, no back up. Furthermore Neville will retire in a couple of years and although Fellaini is the future, I see his hands on approach being too much for the Premier League's defensive midfield role and I see Moyes molding him into an AMF.

Then again we're fairly versatile. Jags can play MF as can Rodwell but our squad is small enough as it is.

To be honest when it comes to the DMC/MC part of our game I'd prefer Defour because even if Mariga came cheap we couldn't get a work permit like mentioned. 4.5 for Castillo is a waste in my opinion.

Then again we're fairly versatile. Jags can play MF as can Rodwell but our squad is small enough as it is.

I think that Defour would be the perfect man for the job. His price tag is the only thing that will threaten us. McDonald is a player that we have to have faith with Moyes in but I can just see him being another Casti. We can settle without a DM IMO, Casti hasn't played that many games and we've done well enough. Defour would be perfect but I don't want to spend big money where it is not needed.

£4.5 million is a little steep too.

I think that Defour would be the perfect man for the job. His price tag is the only thing that will threaten us. McDonald is a player that we have to have faith with Moyes in but I can just see him being another Casti. We can settle without a DM IMO, Casti hasn't played that many games and we've done well enough. Defour would be perfect but I don't want to spend big money where it is not needed.

£4.5 million is a little steep too.

if you mean steven defour then he's not perfect for that role at all, he's attacking minded

if you mean steven defour then he's not perfect for that role at all, he's attacking minded

you're right.

Moyes made it clear in an interview some time ago, fellaini has a future as DM, not as an AM.

so we definatly could use a more attacking minded player on midfield i reckon.

Guest efctaxi
you're right.

Moyes made it clear in an interview some time ago, fellaini has a future as DM, not as an AM.

It comforts me that the opposition will now get free kicks in our half instead of theirs . :D

you're right.

I've said it many times that I think we need to invest in attacking options. Our defence has been brilliant this season and Howard's record has that to prove it. We have been a domanance at the back and well worthy of a Top 4 place based on that alone. We just need the attack roles to match it. Cahill has stepped in when Yakubu was out and the wingmen have done what they can. Whilst we are in the summer window with a healthy position we should invest big in attacking players.

Bentley, Moutinhio, Owen, Ledley, Crouch (not all of them of course)

He may be good enough but we don't need him.

It comforts me that the opposition will now get free kicks in our half instead of theirs . :D

:lol: We can live in hope Taxi !

Guest efctaxi
I've said it many times that I think we need to invest in attacking options. Our defence has been brilliant this season and Howard's record has that to prove it. We have been a domanance at the back and well worthy of a Top 4 place based on that alone. We just need the attack roles to match it. Cahill has stepped in when Yakubu was out and the wingmen have done what they can. Whilst we are in the summer window with a healthy position we should invest big in attacking players.

Bentley, Moutinhio, Owen, Ledley, Crouch (not all of them of course)

He may be good enough but we don't need him.

:lol: We can live in hope Taxi !

You ..... yes .

For me .... there is no hope :lol:

BTW ... I keep pointing this out , but why is Moyes so interested in filling our team with African nation players ?

It really is a bad idea imho .

Guest efctaxi
it's only a bad idea for a month every 2 years, and yes it is an issue then but we've got the youngsters like rodwell that could do a job. if he's a class for the rest of the 2 seasons then i'm happy enough

We lost 3 players last time .

Could we afford to lose 5 or 6 ?

4 weeks could be 6 matches or more .

yeh but what about the benefit of the other 70 league games and whatever cup or europa games? risk and value mate, it's worth it! vic isn't a loss anyway so we lose yobo and the yak, yobo isn't in our strongest 11 anyway and we've got rodwell to cover and anyone who may be brought in. yakubu is a big loss, we've got no cover but if we can pick someone up then we'll be ok.

Guest efctaxi
yeh but what about the benefit of the other 70 league games and whatever cup or europa games? risk and value mate, it's worth it! vic isn't a loss anyway so we lose yobo and the yak, yobo isn't in our strongest 11 anyway and we've got rodwell to cover and anyone who may be brought in. yakubu is a big loss, we've got no cover but if we can pick someone up then we'll be ok.

And Pienaar ?

Also Castillo if he were to stay ?

To get in the top 4 , we can't afford to drop many points .

Yes , the games with are a bonus , but it still means we risk 1 out of every 2 seasons if we have too many African nations players .

Edited by efctaxi

And Pienaar ?

Also Castillo if he were to stay ?

To get in the top 4 , we can't afford to drop many points .

Yes , the games with are a bonus , but it still means we risk 1 out of every 2 seasons if we have too many African nations players .

forgot about pienaar, we don't have back-up but we should be addressing the midfield. gosling can do a job as well, or arteta could cover for a couple week ...SA are shit anyway.

castillo is ecuadorian, he wont be in it

yobos been are best centre half 4 the las 5 years, he did make mistakes at 1st but he's cut them out now, and the only reason he hasnt been in the startin 11 is due to injury an wen he came back jags and lescott were doin well, plus bainse had made lb his own. if baines hadnt been playin so well yobo wud of been straight back in with lescott pushed to the left

Guest efctaxi
forgot about pienaar, we don't have back-up but we should be addressing the midfield. gosling can do a job as well, or arteta could cover for a couple week ...SA are shit anyway.

castillo is ecuadorian, he wont be in it

He he . I knew it was somewhere hot lmao :lol:

yobos been are best centre half 4 the las 5 years, he did make mistakes at 1st but he's cut them out now, and the only reason he hasnt been in the startin 11 is due to injury an wen he came back jags and lescott were doin well, plus bainse had made lb his own. if baines hadnt been playin so well yobo wud of been straight back in with lescott pushed to the left

only because he's the only one who's been here for the 5 years, he's not as good as lescott and he's a shadow of jags. he hasn't cut his mistake out either, just he's playing with better players who cover for him.

as for baines, he's been playing well because he's in our strongest 11, he's one of our best players.

Edited by CraccerC