IGNORED

Jo Signed On Loan!

cols

I felt so good when David Unsworth answered my question in the commentary, which was:

Do you guys reckon that Jo will start the season amazingly, to an extent of possibly taking Yakubu's place? Similar to how Jagielka kept Yobo out of the team when he returned from injury?

I'll add this food for thought in here because we all know... Yak won't start the first few games. No way will Moyes play him, and I'm glad he will. If we play 4-5-1, Moyes would have Jo, Vaughan and Saha to pick from. It doesn't just go for Jo, it goes for all three of them. I mean what if Vaughan scores 4 against Arsenal? Won't happen, but you never know. Yakubu could possibly be sitting on the bench when he arrives, granted one of them make the forward position there's.

At least now we can ask a 'which striker should start out of these classy fellas?', instead of a 'oh shit no moar strikers will it be Jutkiewicz or Cahill?'

- And for that last line, a classy striker joining on top of a bunch of other classy strikers, you would have to be moronic to think this is a daft signing.

Welcome Jo Alves

Baines reckons Jo had offers from other clubs but that he only wanted to come back here.

Good on him, and playing with a smile shows a good spirit. I bet he had a few offers, but i think our team spirit and attitude won him over and it also helps that it was documented we were following him a year before he signed for Citheh, so best of luck to Jo. Hope there's a cheap buy-out clause in the contract, after he scores us those 30 goals we all wish for :)

If Jo did have other offers they could well have been from teams where he may have had to move, only to move back when returning to City, so Everton were an obvious choice from that point of view.On the other hand he did seem to enjoy his time here and on the whole the fans thought a lot of him.To have a manager (Moyes) wanting you back must also give a good feeling about the club.

Good luck Jo, hope you have a great season.