IGNORED

Jo Signed On Loan!

cols

12.51 Brazilian striker Jo is likely to be involved in Everton's first pre-season friendly at Bury on Friday as the final points of another loan deal from Manchester City are completed.

Taken from SSN Site

Geez, are friendlies already startin? :o

If it's still not signed I imagine their just working out what the cost of the buy out provision will be. Hard to understand how to negotiate buying from City right now. They're bringing in so many players that they're bound to have excess to shed. As long as Hughes is in Charge I don't think Jo will get a look in at City, but I doubt he's in charge of finalizing these deals.

They were going off a report on the City website, which was removed shortly after.

There has to be more to this than just a simple loan deal, thats bread and butter. You know how Everton work all cloak and daggers, i have no doubt Lescott is off as part of this deal.

There has to be more to this than just a simple loan deal, thats bread and butter. You know how Everton work all cloak and daggers, i have no doubt Lescott is off as part of this deal.

I don't think Lescott is part of the deal at all. We always take time with transfers. I think we are just haggeling over a future fee. We never do anything like this quickly. I'm not worried though.

I don't know about anybody else, but I would prefer us to buy Vagner Love from CSKA? He made Jo look good when they were both at CSKA, constantly making runs, taking defenders away from Jo so he could bang them in the net, its since the pair split up that Jo has 'struggled', however since the pair split, Vagner Love has pressed on. Still though, Jo isnt a bad loan signing, but Im sure people said the same when we first got Arteta on loan!

Better the devil you know.

Jo has somewhat struggled in PL since moving from Russia, what's to say Love won't do worse coming from the same league. It is an expensive risk in comparison to Jo.

Fair comment, don't get me wrong, I think Jo will get better, I'm just hoping that he does it at Everton and we can negotiate a good deal with City. Althouth, any player on City's books at the moment (apart from Robinho) would probably be looking over their shoulder, and so may be a good time to poach!

This deal must be a loan, surely Moyes isnt going to get into a deal regarding a Swap for Lescott, if he was, I am sure that he would go for much more than just Jo! If we were going to swap Lescott for anbody I'd want about 4 players plus about 20mil! I am hopeful that given the chance, Lescott would stay anyway!

i didnt have doubts over jo coming back on loan until i read this last page of the thread, the offical site story, that someone put up earlier has no word of what deal everton are seeking, and the way this "loan" attempt has dragged on suggests somethings either not right, or there is a more complicated end result, ie lescott switching sides. I really hope thats not the case and moyes has got jo on another loan deal for the year

If you were City, would you loan the player out again to a team, thats shutting the door for one of there players in your face? I know jo will hardly get a sniff at city now with the players they have up front, but they could have easily said, you wanna play funny with us, we will play it back... So my conclusion is, something shady is going on int he background to this deal, and its only dawned upon me since reading this last page of the thread. Hope im wrong

The more I read stories, the more I agree with Craig. Lescott, himself, didnt help when faced with questions about the rumours.

I dont think the Moyes would do such a deal, though, without a substantial benefit to Everton. I just hope that we will be looking at the starting line-up against Arsenal with Lescott at the heart of our defence.

Dont think that Lescott is part of the deal, I believe that the delay is over the terms of an option to buy after the loan period. Moyes has been a long term fan of Jo, and if the loan is successful I imagine he will want the future price set in stone - well I hope so anyway. I think Jo could do a job for us playing wide left.

I do like the fact that everytime you see Jo he has a smile on his face, seems like a genuinely nice chap.

very true :)

he was good the last half year, never outstanding, but never really bad either.

and he doens't need to adjust to the team.

I'm very happy we finally have our first team signing, alot of people (including myself) we're getting a little frustratedon this forum

Now we're settled up front, bring in a CB and a winger!

Really happy with this, but just a side note an I know its very early days yet, but has there been any indication of what the fee could be if we took up the buy option? I would hope that this has all been agreed beforehand, if he has a stormer of a season for us an knocks in 20 goals, Citeh will throw his value up no end!