IGNORED

The Mini World Cup

Dempsey is quite underrated. He'd do really well in a team fighting to get to 5-6th places in the league and hoping to get in the top 4. Good in the air, has a footballing brain, two good feet and gets his fair share of goals. He'd be ideal for your guys, Villa or Spurs. He's come into his own in the last 18 months especially after being played in advanced central positions as opposed to the wings where he started for Fulham.

Incredible performance and well deserved win.

Must be up there with the 1-0 win over England in 1950 for the US.

(There's a difference Xav, between supporting a team in a match where you're a neutral for club allegiance reasons, and supporting a country against your own national team :) )

congrats to the US .. but it's obviously not the dream final .. shame.

I didn't watch the game and I don't want to sound like a dick but the fact that Spain looses in the semifinal of an international tournament to a second string opponent further reduces the credibility of the event. (in my opinion).

So you're supporting 'THE US' because you have a player in their side whose doing well? Interestingly when Liverpool fans do that as we usually have 2-4 players in the Spanish team without having the likes of Rooney, Neville, Ferdinand, Terry to support alongside, we're unpatriotic? :D

Very much so, I started a neutral in this cup, i could be supporting South Africa who have Pienarr in their side, but the reason im supporting the US is they are underdogs, they were very much out of the confed. cup until the Eygpt game, now in the final, Its better to see a underdog win than a regular.

And lets be honest, what have rooney, neville (is he even an england starter anymore?) Ferdinand and Terry got to do with anything? If England where in the confed cup i would be 100% behind them no matter who they played and who was in the opposition team, to me liverpool supporters support spain all the time, even when its england playing them.

congrats to the US .. but it's obviously not the dream final .. shame.

I didn't watch the game and I don't want to sound like a dick but the fact that Spain looses in the semifinal of an international tournament to a second string opponent further reduces the credibility of the event. (in my opinion).

surely it increases it if the USA can beat the european champions? :huh: spain were outfought last night end of story didnt just give in cos its a shite competition. ask spain if they'd rather be in the final or on a beach and it would be the final any day!

surely it increases it if the USA can beat the european champions? :huh: spain were outfought last night end of story didnt just give in cos its a shite competition. ask spain if they'd rather be in the final or on a beach and it would be the final any day!

If it was the semi final for the world cup, Spain would have won 10-0 with their right feet tide to each other.

Usa had a good game but spain was just tired

Edited by Churinga

2nd half of the 3rd place playoff tonight between Spain and South Africa was amazing, South Africa taking the lead through Katlego Mphela in the 73rd minute 1-0, followed by 2 quick goals from Daniel Guiza in the 88th and 89th minutes. Then in the 3rd minute of extra time, South Africa leveled through an amazing free kick from Mphela, sadly they went out when Xabi Alonso scored from a free kick in the 107th minute; gutted for them.

Pienaar had a decent game, although he was taken off in the 64th minute.

Edited by TC.

'For 74 minutes of the FIFA Confederations Cup final, it looked like a massive upset was taking place. But that's when Brazil turned the clock to midnight on the American run to the trophy. Luis Fabiano dug the Samba Boys out of a 2-0 deficit before captain Lucio scored in the 84th minute to give the Brazilians a thrilling 3-2 victory and their third Confederations Cup title'