IGNORED

The Mini World Cup

Anyone been watching? Ive seen bits and pieces so far but from what I have saw its been really good, Spain must surely be the favourites to win it, took Torres 17 first half minutes to have 3 goals to his name, He was superb.

Brazil just about beat Eygpt 4-3, the USA were unlucky to lose 3-1 as they played better than what the score line suggests, brilliant goals from Rossi twice and De Rossi.

South Africa could only manage a 0-0 in the first game with one of their players clearing a goal to be off the oppositions line, was bloody funny.

I've been really enjoying it. The Brazil Egypt game was a cracker! You have to guess that Brazil Spain is going to be the final, and that really would be a blinder.

i thought brazil was shit honestly, they all looked like they could drop dead after 75 minutes.Spain is clear favorite for the cup

Hoping to see some good matches though!

I've been really enjoying it. The Brazil Egypt game was a cracker! You have to guess that Brazil Spain is going to be the final, and that really would be a blinder.

I just read in an online newspaper that Howard Webb made a mistake awarding Brazil the last minute penalty or something? I didn't watch it, was there anything to it?

Guest efctaxi

The ref gave a late penalty which seemed to come from the fourth official watching a video according to the losing team .

Why aren't England in it ?

Why aren't England in it ?

Cuz the Confed Cup is only for the six current Continental champs, the World Cup holders, and the next WC hosts.

the USA were unlucky to lose 3-1 as they played better than what the score line suggests, brilliant goals from Rossi twice and De Rossi.

This was probably a double stomach-punch game for a lot of American fans. The US team played this game a man down for almost 70 minutes following a straight red card that's getting questioned pretty heavily, at least on our side of the pond (the media seems to agree that a yellow would've been warranted, but not a red - I didn't see it so I can't offer an opinion), and then after taking a surprise lead despite the odds, they get their hearts ripped out by the American-born kid who rejected them to play for Italy. Kind of makes me glad I was at work and had to miss it.

Edited by JD in DC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/8101788.stm

What this and you can make your mind up yourself.

"Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

some media suggest that the 4th official saw the replay, and thus technology was used to change the decision.

This could (hopefully) cause a stir about the use of technology, this is a clear example of how it could help for the best.

Imagine this happening in the world cup final!

Guest efctaxi
"Cannot play media. Sorry, this media is not available in your territory."

some media suggest that the 4th official saw the replay, and thus technology was used to change the decision.

This could (hopefully) cause a stir about the use of technology, this is a clear example of how it could help for the best.

Imagine this happening in the world cup final!

Yes , that was the issue I believe .

He probably turned Debbie does Dallas off just in time .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/i...als/8101788.stm

What this and you can make your mind up yourself.

BBC site blocks any media for people not in the UK.

However I think it's ridiculous that Egypt complained. If there is a rule preventing the officials from using video, then the rule is wrong, not the decision based on video :).

Wasn't the Zidane red card in the WC final also based on the 4th official watching TV? ... I didn't see France complaining.

Edited by holystove

It was the right decision, what's the fourth official supposed to do if he knows it?

Perversely, if the defender hadn't rolled around on the ground in agony to disguise what really happened but had just carried on, then possibly it wouldn't have been an issue. Webb might have told Brazil to get on with the corner and Egypt might have got away with it.

It's about 5.40 into this, not English commentary but it's obvious what's going on....

I'll say one thing/ I'm not going to enjoy the next World Cup if the crowds are exactly the same as the confederations cup. The horns are really doing my head in at the moment! Christ. One game was ok, but its every minute of every game and its infuriating

Fifa decided to ban the horns for the world cup, apperantly the south africans don't mind, every self respecting fotballfan takes one to the games.

Anybody saw iraq- Spain? no good football but the crowd had a party african style :)

singing, waves, dancing, clapping, left, right, up, down,..... looked like more fun than the repetitive songs in european stadiums.

Edited by Churinga

just watched south africa vs new zealand and pienaar looked outstanding, completely head and shoulders above the rest on the field. interseting to c him play almost a free role (attacking mid) cos he ran the show from there.

on another note the crowd were nuts doing all these african tribal dances and shouting BOOOOOOOOOOTH! everytime the big white guy at the back got a touch of the ball (i thought they were actually booing him in a racist way cos he is the only white guy in their team until the commentator pointed it out they were shoutin his name lol) :rolleyes:

Fair play on the US, Eygpt have looked really good in this tournament, but saying that so have the US, they have just been unlucky, cant see them making the final but good lukc to them. It looks odds on to be Spain - Brazil final, maybe a warm up of next summers WC final? I think so, Spain to win it 3-1, villa, Torres and Silva, Kaka for brazil.

Made up for the US as all the kopites who since rafa came in started "supporting" spain, the unpatriotic ballsacks, will be gutted so not only is there that to be made up from but we also have a player in the final of it, COME THE US!

Made up for the US as all the kopites who since rafa came in started "supporting" spain, the unpatriotic ballsacks, will be gutted so not only is there that to be made up from but we also have a player in the final of it, COME THE US!

So you're supporting 'THE US' because you have a player in their side whose doing well? Interestingly when Liverpool fans do that as we usually have 2-4 players in the Spanish team without having the likes of Rooney, Neville, Ferdinand, Terry to support alongside, we're unpatriotic? :D

Edited by xavier