IGNORED

The Ashes

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

What about Scotland?

Gavin Hamilton played in the 1999 world cup for Scotland, then played a test (in South Africa) for England the following year before playing for Scotland again (after a four year qualifying period).

Loads more Jocks have played for England....though I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I guess it's actually the GB cricket team....but as the English are the best and England are in charge we can call it what the hell we like you provincial serfs :lol: !

Anyway....on subject....we'll lose. Probably in humiliating fashion (I blame the Scots and Welsh for diluting the purity of the team :angry: ).

What about Scotland?

Gavin Hamilton played in the 1999 world cup for Scotland, then played a test (in South Africa) for England the following year before playing for Scotland again (after a four year qualifying period).

Loads more Jocks have played for England....though I can't think of any off the top of my head.

I guess it's actually the GB cricket team....but as the English are the best and England are in charge we can call it what the hell we like you provincial serfs :lol: !

Anyway....on subject....we'll lose. Probably in humiliating fashion (I blame the Scots and Welsh for diluting the purity of the team :angry: ).

Mike Denness was prolific Captain in the 70's, he was Scottish.

60+ partnership from Prior & Flintoff :o !

306-5. Maybe we could even sneak 400?

They're going along at a decent pace now as well....5ish an over. Good to see that.

Need to brush up on your maths,

At the time you posted that was about the 83rd over, even at the 80th over at 5 an over the score would have been 400.

Anyway that was a decent effort on the first day of a pitch that is going to offer great help to spin, and we chose two. However what the fook was Pietersen doing, getting out like that, clown.

Edited by The Beard

Need to brush up on your maths,

At the time you posted that was about the 83rd over, even at the 80th over at 5 an over the score would have been 400.

But...at the time I posted it Flintoff and Prior had just put on 68 from 77 balls....just under 5.3 an over :) .

The point I was making ("They're going along at a decent pace now") was that those two were going at a good rate.

Can see it was a bit ambiguous, but that was what I meant.

by all accounts the pitch is going to get worse for the batsmen,so if we can get 375,this will be a realy good score,and cannot see us losing from this position,some realy good performances out there to-day,my prediction is we will have won by the end of the fourth day and will win the series 3-1 weather permitting :D

by all accounts the pitch is going to get worse for the batsmen,so if we can get 375,this will be a realy good score,and cannot see us losing from this position,some realy good performances out there to-day,my prediction is we will have won by the end of the fourth day and will win the series 3-1 weather permitting :D

You should never say that about the England cricket team!