IGNORED

Bernabeu Tour

A few pictures of the Bernabeu tour I did yesterday....scared the shite out of me to start with because the first thing they do is take you up to the top level on the outside of the stadium in a glass elevator....and I'm not good at heights.

Impressive place.

100_2510.jpg

100_2511.jpg

100_2512.jpg

100_2516.jpg

100_2523.jpg

100_2525.jpg

100_2532.jpg

100_2533.jpg

100_2534.jpg

100_2535.jpg

"Talked" to couple of Brazilians before I went in, mostly sign language, but one of them was a Fluminense supporter (the other was Corinthians). He knew Everton was in Liverpool (which I was quite impressed with) and kept going on about "Welfare." Didn't get what he was on about until I did a little search and found this..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Welfare

Anyone ever heard of him? I hadn't.

The one thing that surprised me was that the seats on the "bench" were bloody uncomfortable....far too upright to relax....but then maybe that's the point.

I did the walk from the visitors dressing room down the tunnel and onto the pitch (or next to it, not allowed on obviously). Tried to imagine what it would be like to do that for real (or for Real :P )....just mind boggling I think. And the talent to get there is wasted on oxygen thieves like Ronaldo....the world's an unfair place.

Lol I can imagine the conversation :D

Brazillian: You....team?

Mike: Team? Oh team, I support Everton. You know Everton?

Brazillian: Oh Everton ya ya, liverpool, welfare? Welfare? Liverpool? Welfare?

You're a better man than me Mike, when I tell someone where I live and they say welfare, I usually sock them :D

Swift vid....nothing much new other than a walk from the dressing room down the tunnel (didn't take video camera with me so the quality's not great). Note the rapturous applause shortly after I get onto the pitch-side, it's the effect I have on people, not something I can help :P . And I know the music's Italian....but it fitted :) .