IGNORED

Silly Sayings.

Bill

Got this off the sunderland forum .....................

Was reading somewhere that Totti is Italy's equivalent of Beckham and some fans got together and put all his boobs in a book for charity. They sold thousands with him signing each one.

We should do one for the Geordies with all the stupid sayings from their players past and present as there are quite a few.

Some examples -

"Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesbrough."

- Woodgate

"They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that."

- Keegan

"I never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well."

- Shearer

"The first ninety minutes of a football match are the most important."

- Sir Bobby

"We haven't been scoring goals, but football's not just about scoring goals. It's about winning."

- Shearer again

"We must have had 99 per cent of the match. It was the other three per cent that cost us."

- Gullit

Anybody like to add any odd or daft comments they've heard or read about.

We all love Kevin Keegan :wub:

20 'It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card.'

19 'I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona.'

18 'The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game…'

17 'They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'

16 'I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again.'

15 'Shaun Wright-Phillips has got a big heart. It's as big as him, which isn't very big, but it's bigger.'

14 'You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison.'

13 'We are three games without defeat is another way of looking at it. But if we are honest we have taken two points from nine.'

12 'I want more from David Beckham. I want him to improve on perfection.'

11 'Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America.'

10 'The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful.'

9 'You're not just getting international football, you're getting world football.'

8 'In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg.'

7 'There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight.'

6 'They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different.'

5 'Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late twenties or thirties.'

4 'Despite his white boots, he has real pace.'

3 'I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon.'

2 'I'm not disappointed - just disappointed.'

1 'Nicolas Anelka left Arsenal for £23million and they built a training ground on him.

Kevin Keegan again :lol:

"Well, that's like asking me who is on my Christmas card list. I sit down with the wife and I say 'Did they send us one last year or this year', and if they haven't we rip the name up and throw it in the bin. But then, a couple of days after Christmas the card might arrive late so we do a card for them on the 28th and date it the 22nd and send it off and hope they don't notice...I haven't a clue what I'm talking about."

Some from the best commentators around...

He's 31 this year: last year he was 30.' - David Coleman

The ageless Dennis Wise, now in his thirties.' - Martin Tyler

The Italians are hoping for an Italian victory.' David Coleman

Peru score their third, and It's 3-1 to Scotland.' David Coleman

If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' - David Coleman

Ian Rush is deadly 10 times out of 10, but that wasn't one of them.' - Peter Jones

Neil Sullivan has stopped absolutely everything have thrown at him...Wimbledon 1, Manchester United 1.' - Mike Ingham

Emile Zola has scored again for Chelsea.' - Radio 5 live

This will be their 19th consecutive game without a win unless they can get an equaliser.' - Alan Green

Martin O'Neill, standing, hands on hips, stroking his chin.' - Mike Ingham

Such a positive move by Uruguay - bringing 2 players off and putting 2 players on.' - John Helm

It's now 1-1, an exact reversal of the scoreline on Saturday.' - Radio 5 live

The Uruguayans are losing no time in making a meal around the referee.' - Mike Ingham

Poland nil, England nil, though England are now looking the better value for their nil.' - Barry Davies

West Germany's Briegel hasn't been able to get past anyone yet - that's his trademark.' - John Helm

You don't score 64 goals in 86 games without being able to score goals.' - Alan Green

It's headed away by John Clark, using his head.' - Derek Rae

Celtic manager Davie Hay still has a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve.'

And with just 4 minutes gone, the score is already 0-0.' - Ian Darke

The USA are a goal down, and if they don't get a goal they'll lose.'

I predicted in August that Celtic would reach the final. On the eve of that final I stand by that prediction.' - Archie MacPherson

McCarthy shakes his head in agreement with the referee.' - Martin Tyler

It was the game that put the Everton ship back on the road.'

Lukic saved with his foot, which is all part of the goalkeeper's arm.'

Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer.' - David Acfield

Sporting Lisbon in their green and white hoops, looking like a team of zebras.' - Peter Jones

Forest have now lost six matches without winning.' - David Coleman

For me to win the Manager of the Month i would have to win 9 out of the next eight games ..... Neil Warnock.

Alex Ferguson is the best manager i've ever had at this level, well he's the only manager i've had at this level ... David Beckham.

The game will be shown on match of the day later this evening, so if you dont want to know the result look away now while we show you Tony Adams lifting the trophy for Arsenal ... Steve Rider.

The game is 0-0 at half-time. When we get the second half started, its like the game will start all over again, just there is only 45min time left -Pubi Wallenius(finnish commentator)

Well , about Andreasen, you have to ask from Casagrande(TPS chief executive) I can give you number. Last thing ive heard is that he left to visit Denmark. Then Ive told he went to Holiday on south with his girlfriend. I guess hes banging her on Mallorca atm when were having games. But we dont need him, he has done just 5 goals for us in 10 games... (Pasi Rautianen, TPS coach)

(TPS getting back to Espoo just 3 days later to playing 3rd division team on finnish cup): 2 trips over here in a week. I propably should say that there hard game coming. I shouldnt be arrogant . Its cup and were going as long as we can. Its nice to visit in Espoo. Im not perfect myself either. I found my wife frome these neighborhoods also. Everybody makes mistakes (Pasi Rautiainen TPS)

I cant train goalkeepers. At the winter Rapa Rajamäki(2nd coach) were training our keepers. I were watching that stuff couple of times- sorry this will be really stupid- , but i asked him that are these relly good training for them? Rapa said: yes these are so f'''' good, i just scored them 10 times on sidenetgoals. Seriously, were those good for them. Rapa is celebrating goals there. He were shooting full power. Those prolly were good training for Fat Rapa, but not for keepers (Pasi Rautianen TPS)

"They didn't change positions, they just moved the players around."

Terry Venables

"What disappointed me was that we didn't play with any passion. I'm not disappointed, you know, I'm just disappointed."

Kevin Keegan

"We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half."

Kevin Keegan

"Think of a number between 10 and 11."

Ron Atkinson

"Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

Radio commentator

• 3 weeks later...

surely you havent forgotten ;) ...............

click for larger pic.

Just amazing the changes in 5 years, southampton, norwich, west brom, crystal palace, newcastle, middlesboro, charlton, all gone and birminghams been out but just come back.

daft as a brush? can someone explain possibly? :D

laughin teacakes?

Because a brush uses its 'head' to sweep things along the floor, whereas logic, withought an instrument, makes use sweep stuff with our feet. So the brush is daft because it supposedly uses the 'wrong' end. :) was on the OneShow a few months back.

Edited by tenaciousj