IGNORED

Anton Peterlin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems with signing three youngsters who won't make the first team is taking concentration away from the first team.

How?

Signing promising youngsters is building for the future and can only be good for the club and I doubt these three signings will have any effect whatsoever on Moyse's plans for the first team squad this summer

Guest efctaxi
How?

Signing promising youngsters is building for the future and can only be good for the club and I doubt these three signings will have any effect whatsoever on Moyse's plans for the first team squad this summer

Which youngsters that we have signed since Moyes' arrival have made it into the first team under Moyes ?

Edited by efctaxi

Guest efctaxi
Super danny gosling is a youngster signed by moyes who has had an impact on the first team. You forgetting the derby winner?

Of course not , but it was a question , and not a challenge . :)

Guest efctaxi
Fellaini & Baines

Huh ?

Not quite the youngsters I was referring to :D

Besides , Baines is 25 this year . Hardly an academy acquisition lol .

Huh ?

Not quite the youngsters I was referring to :D

Besides , Baines is 25 this year . Hardly an academy acquisition lol .

True but with regards to the academy lads he has signed fair enough the likes of Spencer and Lukas JUckckckikkzziiiieiieieieieiiiiisisieweiiwiski havent come off but the idea is to take a gamble and get them in now for nominal fees in the hope that they develop into good players a few years down the line

it doesnt infringe on spending for the first team which was the original point

Guest efctaxi
Taxi...

Ruddy

Turner

Gosling

Vidarrson

have all made appearances for the first team

Thanks mate .

I'm kind of trying to establish whether it's a good move for young lads to actually sign for Everton , either as an academy player or basically as a very young player .

I'm not overly convinced that it is , going off previous players here , and their chances of future first team success .

From what I can tell , Ruddy only played about once for our first team , and only because Turner was sent off .

He's been loaned out throughout his tenure here , and about to be shipped out again .

Turner himself has only played twice for our first team , and only once in the league were he was sent off as stated .

He too has been loaned out a fair bit since arriving .

Viðarsson again only made one appearance for us , and only as a sub , and once again was loaned out , recalled , and loaned out again , untill FC Twente actually took him on .

Only Gosling that I can think of has actually gotten his chance in our first team .

This kind of baffles me as to why so many young lads want to come to Everton , and why Moyes is supposedly notorious for giving young lads the chance .

Perhaps a few academy players might make the cut , but the evidence tends to be against imported youngsters making it .

Edited by efctaxi

Thanks mate .

I'm kind of trying to establish whether it's a good move for young lads to actually sign for Everton , either as an academy player or basically as a very young player .

I'm not overly convinced that it is , going off previous players here , and their chances of future first team success .

From what I can tell , Ruddy only played about once for our first team , and only because Turner was sent off .

He's been loaned out throughout his tenure here , and about to be shipped out again .

Turner himself has only played twice for our first team , and only once in the league were he was sent off as stated .

He too has been loaned out a fair bit since arriving .

Viðarsson again only made one appearance for us , and only as a sub , and once again was loaned out , recalled , and loaned out again , untill FC Twente actually took him on .

Only Gosling that I can think of has actually gotten his chance in our first team .

This kind of baffles me as to why so many young lads want to come to Everton , and why Moyes is supposedly notorious for giving young lads the chance .

Perhaps a few academy players might make the cut , but the evidence tends to be against imported youngsters making it .

I think that you are missing the point its irrelevant wether they are local lads or lads that are brought in the fact is that Moyse has proved that if your good enough then your old enough and that he will give you a chance in the first team

If your an up and coming player and you fancy a shot in the Prem then Everton must be an attractive proposition even if you dont think its down to Moyse then the shambolic size of our squad dictataes that your going to get a chance eventually

Guest efctaxi
I think that you are missing the point its irrelevant wether they are local lads or lads that are brought in the fact is that Moyse has proved that if your good enough then your old enough and that he will give you a chance in the first team

If your an up and coming player and you fancy a shot in the Prem then Everton must be an attractive proposition even if you dont think its down to Moyse then the shambolic size of our squad dictataes that your going to get a chance eventually

I can see the point you mean .

My own point is why would a young player want to come to Everton given the lack of opportunities that have been offered to previous youngsters ?

Of all the players that have come here of a young age , only Gosling has been given the chance , if Louis list is correct .

All the other young lads have been sent out on loan , and obviously not rated by Moyes with only 1 start in the league each .

The players he has given a chance to are players from our academy , who he feels are worthy of a start .

Yes , if you're good enough , you're old enough , as Rooney showed , of that I agree , but very few have been deemed as good enough .

A young player would have to have incredible belief in there own ability to want to leave a regular start and join us .

I can see the point you mean .

My own point is why would a young player want to come to Everton given the lack of opportunities that have been offered to previous youngsters ?

Of all the players that have come here of a young age , only Gosling has been given the chance , if Louis list is correct .

All the other young lads have been sent out on loan , and obviously not rated by Moyes with only 1 start in the league each .

The players he has given a chance to are players from our academy , who he feels are worthy of a start .

Yes , if you're good enough , you're old enough , as Rooney showed , of that I agree , but very few have been deemed as good enough .

A young player would have to have incredible belief in there own ability to want to leave a regular start and join us .

We havent really signed that many youngsters previously and why should they play just because we paid cash for them. The fact remains if their good enough they will get a chance.

Take a look around the Prem we have got by far and away the smallest squad so why wouldnt a youngster fancy their chances here. Put it this way a budding young prospect has got far more chance of making it into our first team than say Man City, The Shite, Villa, Spurs,Chelsea,Arsenal, Man U etc

Taxi - Turner made another first-team appearance - that first game after Ball's death against Man United where we were 2-0 up. I can see why you'd like to forget that game though, we all would.

IMO if you're a young goalkeeper and we try and sign you then tell us thanks, but no thanks because you'll disappear into oblivion.

"My strength is probably passing, mostly, because my vision's not bad," he said. "I'm getting better at my tackling, which is good because this is a very physical division.

"Lately, I'd say I like to play a little like Michael Carrick - though I wouldn't compare myself to him just yet. We just have similar attributes.

"I like to aspire to be like Patrick Vieira. I work hard and I pride myself on that. He worked hard and he never shyed away from a tackle. I try never to shy away from a tackle - I always go in there to win the ball."