IGNORED

Moutinho

Cheers for the update. To be honest i think we are getting as tired of the story as you must be. I would like to have some clarity from both clubs what is really going on, rahter than hanging onto little bits of press rumoring, often from biased press, for example your benfica biased paper, or over here the liverpool biased papers.

Why aren't we going to sign him? What's your source? Did Bill ring you?

You are so negative have a bit of optimism; you would probably be negative if you won the lottery..."oh no, what am I going to do with all this money" *sigh*

I think it's because you can't afford the 19.6 million pound Sporting is asking. ;)

Wheter he is a wind up or not is irrelevant (personally i son't think he is a red, but i may be wrong) but he is mainly speaking the truth, sometimes the truth hurts. We probably can't afford Moutinho becasue then we would have spunked our entire budget on one player and we need enforcements elsewhere as we don't have anyone to aptly fill in for carsley at the moment

well, i think this is a bit of rumour mongoring on the part of a clearly benfica-sided paper, but...

http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=146260

It says basically that, acording to english media, EFC hasn't given up, and it's studying a way to make a bid of about €23M.

that seems alot to me, tbh, given what i've read lately about ur funds for signings. Anyways, it quotes the BBC sports section site, so maybe someone may want to do a check around if there's anything new.

23 million euros is close to £18 million, seems quite a leap up from the £13 they offered last week.

I lent Bill 5m, he's going to pay me back in kind :blink: .

"23 million euros is close to £18 million, seems quite a leap up from the £13 they offered last week".

I THINK WE CAN AFFORD TO BUY HIM.

If the deals come off this week we will have only spent 10.5 million 6 for M'bia, 2 for Smith, and 2.5 for Love on loan, thats the johnson Money, i'm sure a little bird told me we had a transfer budget of 18 mill before we sold AJ, so that is still there plus the Faddy money that was not spent.

I think we can and will buy him before the window closes.

In that colour code you're using, I am green. And white. In horizontal stripes. I'm a Sporting fan.

Ei, another one! ;)

yeah, SCP rullez :D

but i think EFC have the funds for him, just that it would blow their budget and severely limit any other signings.

bias aside, i dont see it happening this year. and i hope it doesn't happen period :D

it's about time we stop sending our best away. can't even imagine what we'd still be like with viana, quaresma, ronaldo still here...

Wish I had you're optimism Bill! I can see how those figures work out, but I'm still not confident that we'll pull it off. If we do though I will shit a brick.... which i believe Mark and a few others will be doing after the pledges they made if the transfer went through!!!

Edited by jamiemaher85

Im sorry for nagging but............How do you know we had 20mil for sure???? Agreeing with you though... we SHOULD have at least 20mil

Im affraid I think if Sporting hold out we will not find the money to push it through.....

Edited by DangerMouse

Everton defender Nuno Valente has backed the club in their pursuit of Sporting Lisbon midfielder Joao Moutinho.

The Portuguese Liga club have since stated that Moutinho will not be leaving Estadio Jose Alvalade this summer. Valente, however, is hopeful that Everton will succeed in landing the 21-year-old as he believes his compatriot will add much to David Moyes' current squad.

Valente: "We need players with quality. Everton is a team already that has quality and we need to add to that. Moutinho, of course, is a good player and he is someone that I know. He was a star at Euro 2008 for Portugal.

He is sharp, he plays good football and he drives his team forward. He is also a leader - if he wasn't, there would be no way that he would be the captain of a big club like Sporting at the age of 21.

If we spend so much money on a player like him, he would pay it back in the next few years. I would like to see him here because he is Portuguese, but the reason I would want to see him here most is because he is a good player and will improve us."

from: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,1...3966080,00.html

Well, Valente will of course know him enough and maybe he´s right what he´s saying, but that amount of money sounds just too much for me personally!

Ok, i have a suggestion to make, so if someone can pass it up to EFC management, that'd be great :)

Espanyol, the 2nd team from barcelona, is having financial problems, and there's a guy there that's on top form, at the moment, called Luis Garcia.

Our "dear" rivals benfica have been after him pretty much all summer, but the spanish side is asking for what benfica think it's too much, around €12M, roughly £9.4M.

I honestly dont know how good a player he is, but he had a wonderful last season, earning him a spot on the spanish team at the euro.

for your consideration :D

Loves quality I don't know whats all the fuss is about whats the harm in a loan deal?

The Russain league is very good of coruse its not up to the standereds of the EPL, La Liga and Seria A but its still good got a lot of teams in that league plus theres alot of money in that league.

Ok, i have a suggestion to make, so if someone can pass it up to EFC management, that'd be great :)

Espanyol, the 2nd team from barcelona, is having financial problems, and there's a guy there that's on top form, at the moment, called Luis Garcia.

Our "dear" rivals benfica have been after him pretty much all summer, but the spanish side is asking for what benfica think it's too much, around €12M, roughly £9.4M.

I honestly dont know how good a player he is, but he had a wonderful last season, earning him a spot on the spanish team at the euro.

for your consideration :D

Luis García Fernández? He's gash.

Didn't we have 20+ mil to spend before we sold johnson? i'm sure we did

I heard it was £15m plus the Faddy money, but £2 mill was spent on Pienaar ( best buy of the season ?) so i reckon its £18 or 19 mill left. And Moutinho as always been the number one Target.

Sporting4ever's arse is beginning to twitch. ;)

I heard it was £15m plus the Faddy money, but £2 mill was spent on Pienaar ( best buy of the season ?) so i reckon its £18 or 19 mill left. And Moutinho as always been the number one Target.

You can hear itfrom here, he'll make a mess of his lfc boxers when Joao signs

You leave my arse out of the conversation, he has enough confidence issues as it is :D

and if you can find a fee that we basically say "that's a too good an offer to pass on", well kudos for you. we're known for our skill in youth training. We'll make more :D

altough i still think it's rumor. my take on it, until you know what you'll have left over from other signings, you won't move on him.

Edited by Sporting4ever

You leave my arse out of the conversation, he has enough confidence issues as it is :D

and if you can find a fee that we basically say "that's a too good an offer to pass on", well kudos for you. we're known for our skill in youth training. We'll make more :D

You sound like the west ham of Portugal