IGNORED

Moutinho

The clubs financial status is starting to worry me now, badly. If we cant buy 1 expensive player without selling another, i dont think we should do that at all. Of course i want to get players like Moutinho in, but not at all costs and making future unsecure. If we will spend everything and it means we need to get to CL and we miss it, whats gonna happen then. No more lufc situations in England and definitely not at EFC

Also if we meet the buy out clause of Moutinho. £19 million, it automatically allows us to open talks with him. Even if we have missed the deadline.

We have made huge strides in getting Moutinho, and face it, when have we really chased a quality player. And I mean really?

I believe Moyes when he said 3 or 4 will be added, and these 2 I can see signing.

That is a lie. The 25 million euro clause is only available until June 25th. After that Sporting will only sell if and how they want. If they ask for 30 million, there's nothing stopping them.

Also, everything bellow 25 million euro is most likely going to be rejected.

That is a lie. The 25 million euro clause is only available until June 25th. After that Sporting will only sell if and how they want. If they ask for 30 million, there's nothing stopping them.

Also, everything bellow 25 million euro is most likely going to be rejected.

how about the fact that they have to pay Mountinho 10% of every bid they reject over £15m?

could get quite costly for Sporting, seems the stupidest clause to me

how about the fact that they have to pay Mountinho 10% of every bid they reject over £15m?

I was thinking that, I doubt they would say no because we could just keep offering that untill they had no more money to pay him

That's also not true. The clause seems to exist, but can only be executed if the player asks for it and only once per season.

Edited by SportingFan

That's also not true. The clause seems to exist, but can only be executed if the player asks for it and only once per season.

Moreover, the value is not 10% of the offer, it's 10% of the difference between 15 M€ and the offer (so if someone offers 20 million, it's 10% of 5 million = 500 k€)

Slightly off topic but i wasn't sure where else to put this as it's not a rumour ..... i merely seek your opinions.

Would anyone like to see us spend the money on Alonso instead of Moutinho?

I understand it's purely hypothetical but he's Artetas best mate, he's settled in/around liverpool area so woudln't have to move?

Not sure how much he's on at Liverpool?

Obvisouly there's a lot more to it than what i've said but i'd gladly take a proven premiership player at his prime than gamble on a young 'promising' player.

Would'nt be too sure about that. .........

Arsene Wenger is thought to be considering an offer of £16 million for Alonso, as he is looking to add another midfielder to his squad and Alonso also carries a lot of experience in the Barclays Premiership.

Redshite put the price up so they can buy Barry from Aston Villa.

apparently if arsenal dont get alonso the pappers linked them with a move for joao

Wenger has made it very clear that he's after an experienced midfielder, no more 'kids'. Don't reckon Moutinho fits that bill at all. They are also being linked with Cana who i would see as more likely target for them.

They'll keep saying things like that until we offer an acceptable amount. If they come out and say he's going this lad 'how much have got' it upsets the player should the transfer not go through and we will keep offering 35 euros and popped balloon.