IGNORED

Moutinho

Aaron Ramsey also met David Moyes. Moyes invited him to his house in Preston to talk. Alex Ferguson never met him.

I can see why you are saying it but Moyes has his priorities right, its more important to make sure the existing players are up to scratch rather than 'abandon' them in pursuit of new players.

I can see us pulling this off, the player is saying he wants to join us the only issue is the price, think Moyes will force the board to back him and bull off a great signing. I can see Cahill playing upfront next season so would not be suprised if Moyes uses the AJ money on mid and a right back, think we should have went for Chimbonda as he is a decent rb who scores some good goals. Anyway in moyes we trust!

I didnt know we had two Valente's :huh: but i understand what your saying. A very small squad last year has got even smaller, but dont worry there will be 3 or 4 coming in shortly.

Here is the adjusted current lineup bench (in light of corrections :P )

------------Yak----------------

-----------Osman-------------

Baines---Arteta-------Pienaar

-----------Neville---------------

Valente--Jags---Yobo---Lescott(out of position)

----------Howard--------------

Bench:

Turner

Anichebe

Gosling?

Rodwell?

Baxter?

JP Kissock?

Irving?

Injured

Cahill

Vaughan

Hibbert

Van Der Meyde

I dare say, no...were we REALLY going to play Van Der Meyde this year? :D With the size of our squad, it sure looked as if so!

Our squad is missing a couple things:

A true CM who can move the ball forward (Moutinho would fit this bill)

A striker who can handle being up top by himself, preferably with UEFA Cup/International Experience (I really think given our current squad McFadden would've been a great fit for this role..but it was definitely a good bit of business at the time)

A midfielder not afraid to put in a challenge(No one has currently been linked to this role?)

Last... Size! If we were able to bring in Moutinho, we would truly live up to the "midget gems" title. Not sure if that's a good thing when defending set pieces...

Cahill: 5'10"

Arteta: 5'9"

Pienaar: 5'7"

Osman: 5'8"

Moutinho: 5'6"

In short; I'm for Moutinho, but at the right price and if we still bring in 2-4 more players after him.

They are on their way. Those are the 2 we have been linked with and reports today indicate that a £15 million pound improved offer will make Sporting sell, and Darren Bent has requested a move to us. The Daily Mail had an article today on it. Somewhere in the region of £11 million. Also if we meet the buy out clause of Moutinho. £19 million, it automatically allows us to open talks with him. Even if we have missed the deadline.

We have made huge strides in getting Moutinho, and face it, when have we really chased a quality player. And I mean really?

I believe Moyes when he said 3 or 4 will be added, and these 2 I can see signing.

but they are trying to sign milito aswell, if they sign him and berba doesn't leave then they have two strikers, plus if they do sell berba and bent think of the money they will have to spend, around 50 mil probably, with some of that they could buy nearly any strikers they wanted within reason. It's also said that ramos isn't a big fan of bent which if true could stand us in good stead for signing him.

IMO i think he would work well at everton and would like to see him in a blue shirt. But i'll leave the decision making for moysie :D

LINK

Translated with a little online help to:

"The Sporting intends to soon receive the 25 million euros for the transference of João Moutinho for the English of the Everton. Although the express will to keep the medium in the breeding of Pablo Bento, the cm knows that the lions admit to leave to leave the player, by means of the immediate presentation of the money or of bank guaranties.

The club of Alvalade rejected already offers of 15 million euros of the Everton - it delivers for the entrepreneur Pini Zahavi -, but the arrival of new a proposal is imminent, in the value of 17 million euros. Toffee had received about 16 million euros for venda the advanced Andy Johnson to the Fulham and now goes to concentrate its efforts in Moutinho, of 21 years.

However, according to that the cm selected in England, the desire of the Sporting hardly will be materialise, a time that the immediate payment of the totality of the transference goes against the politics of the English club.

Collated for the cm, the technician David Moyes it was excused comentaraeventual acquisition of the leonine captain. " I do not say on athlete of others clubes" , it said.

The continuity of João Moutinho in Alvalade remains, thus, in doubt, as its iron brace of captain. A definitive decision still does not exist on this substance, but the cm knows that the destitution of the medium is a real hypothesis."

This alone needs some translating, but I'm reading good into it along as KW departure doesn't add a spanner into the already mangled works!

Edited by barryj

They are on their way. Those are the 2 we have been linked with and reports today indicate that a £15 million pound improved offer will make Sporting sell, and Darren Bent has requested a move to us. The Daily Mail had an article today on it. Somewhere in the region of £11 million. Also if we meet the buy out clause of Moutinho. £19 million, it automatically allows us to open talks with him. Even if we have missed the deadline.

We have made huge strides in getting Moutinho, and face it, when have we really chased a quality player. And I mean really?

I believe Moyes when he said 3 or 4 will be added, and these 2 I can see signing.

The Mail is the best source of accurate transfer information when it comes to Everton, if they say something then there is usually some truth in it. I like Bent and I think Moyes does as well, but I can't see him paying £11m for him. Ramos is supposedly bringing in more attackers so I think Bent will be surplus to requirements.

Bit of a controversial attitude there Dannoo, you'll be putting us out of business with that sort of opinion ;):lol: .

Not a bad thought though :) .

:lol: i assume a lot of things, i tell you moysie should let me sort these signings out, i'll give him all the possible scenarios :D

i think he's a defo buy if under 8 mil but can't see it happening probs about 10 or 11

now keith wyness has resigned that better not get in the way of us signing some players

Well him here hasnt helped us sign any players. He is always saying he is on the phone every day talkin to agents and clubs, well if that was true he wasnt doin a very good job of it was he? Am glad he has gone now maybe we will stay in liverpool.

Edited by Ferguson Is God

the Ian Ross bit about are maxium being 20 million euros scared me a bit but this lad could be are best signing for years.

Why? It's sensible by Everton for once - he's young and unproven in this league atm and we're the only team after him. We're not letting them hold us to ransom and that's a good thing. We can't live beyond our means mate.

Why? It's sensible by Everton for once - he's young and unproven in this league atm and we're the only team after him. We're not letting them hold us to ransom and that's a good thing. We can't live beyond our means mate.

No I dont mean we should offer the maximum strait away, that would be stupid but they might hold out for the 19.7 million and it would be terrible to be this close to signing him and then we pull out because were not going to match their price, I would feel more comfortable knowing we can afford him

Edited by Blue4Ever

The fact is he's said he wants to go and he hopes they can reach an agreement with us, so why should we pay the full amount? He's their captain and he's asked to leave, it would be very hard for them to hold onto him. No, Everton are playing this well for a change.

I would eat the bricks of my house if we got this lad

Season tickets must be selling slowly ;)

I still say I'll eat my house if we sign him

ill eat the terraces if we sign him :)

if this comes of il eat mark once he has eaten his house ;)

We need to set ourselves some realistic targets before time runs out!

Getting nervous lads!