IGNORED

Moutinho

From the Echo following the Chicago defeat:

Moyes when asked if he could see any imminent movement in the transfer market - Sporting Lisbon’s Joao Moutinho tops the wanted list - Moyes replied: “Not at the moment, no. We are in a poor, poor situation regarding going forward.”

Slightly worring or is he playing it cool? I hope the latter!

The fact is he's said he wants to go and he hopes they can reach an agreement with us, so why should we pay the full amount? He's their captain and he's asked to leave, it would be very hard for them to hold onto him. No, Everton are playing this well for a change.

Because Moutinho has a contract with the club and the minimum fee release clause of 25 million euro has expired on June 25th. The player signed the contract less than 6 months ago and has the highest wage in the team. So Sporting will only sell him if and how they want. Which sounds reasonable.

Because Moutinho has a contract with the club and the minimum fee release clause of 25 million euro has expired on June 25th. The player signed the contract less than 6 months ago and has the highest wage in the team. So Sporting will only sell him if and how they want. Which sounds reasonable.

red alert!

"Sounds reasonable" but we all know what happens in that situation...... ala Robbie Keane

"Sounds reasonable" but we all know what happens in that situation...... ala Robbie Keane

The problem is that players today are mercenaries and seem to have no respect for the clubs they represent. As a journalist was saying the other day in Portugal, players want the best of both worlds. They want to be protected by high wages contracts but want to leave as soon as someone else waives with a better offer, forgetting they signed a contract and that it works both ways: clubs pay high wages in exchange for a warranty that they'll stay for an X number of seasons (unless, of course, they are sold).

What Moutinho is doing - and what Cristiano has been doing the whole summer - is in my point of view unacceptable. It's certainly not a role model for anyone, it's just an attitude of a spoiled child, a young boy who's not mentally up to the responsibilities of such a highly well paid profession.

What saddens me the most is that Moutinho was the most respected player in the team - at least for the fans. His attitude (definitely order by that Zhavi character, with a questionable code of honour) was a shock to everyone.

As a Sporting fan I don't have anything against Everton (well, you COULD have bought Stoikovic... :rolleyes:), but I hope that Sporting's board keeps their strong position and doesn't give in on the 25 million euro price tag.

Well okay, July is over now and theres not much time left to the liga start! So if Moyes will really sign around 5 players, he should really do in the next days or there will be a big problem in the first games defenitly.

And if that will happen, I am going to eat my house and my flat too: :o

Moyes is on the brink of a deal to bring Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon for around £16m, and is also tracking Spurs striker Darren Bent and Real Zaragoza's Diego Milito. (PA)

Well okay, July is over now and theres not much time left to the liga start! So if Moyes will really sign around 5 players, he should really do in the next days or there will be a big problem in the first games defenitly.

And if that will happen, I am going to eat my house and my flat too: :o

Moyes is on the brink of a deal to bring Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho from Sporting Lisbon for around £16m, and is also tracking Spurs striker Darren Bent and Real Zaragoza's Diego Milito. (PA)

where is this bit from? moyes on verge of signing moutinho

From footylatest.com (whoever the hell they are)..

Reports are coming in from Portugal that Sporting Lisbon have accepted Everton's increased bid of 17million euros for the Portugese international Joao Moutinho.

They wanted to hold out for at least 20 million, but with relations between the two parties becoming extremely strained, they have resigned themselves to his departure.

Since the midfielder publicly stated that he wanted Sporting to reach an agreement with Everton, it has become increasingly inevitable that Moutinho would be leaving, and then yesterday it emerged that Sporting would have to pay the player ten per cent of any rejected bid over 15 million euros, so the club would lose out even if they didn't sell him.

Everton coach David Moyes is waiting for the Andy Johnson deal to be confirmed before he can provide the neccesasry bank guarantees, but an announcement is expected at some point today.

There are rumours that the deal wasn't completed yesterday as Johnson's medical showed some abnormalities, which has prompted Fulham to restructure the payments schedule according to appearances, these rumours have not been confirmed as yet, but, again, we should receive further information today.

If it is a serious problem, and Fulham pull out of the deal altogether, it is not thought that it will affect David Moyes ability to continue with Moutinho's purchase.

All being well then I can look forward to reading the papers after my op and telling me we've signed Moutinho after all! :D

Big money though. Just hope we're not putting ourselves in the shit to finance it and any other deals we go for.

Edited by DonKey

Keane used to be one of my favourite non Everton players. Didn't realise he supprted the shite when he was younger though!

Wonder if Bent is playing a bit in pre-season to put him in the shop window. Would love us to sign him. Fast and a good finish on him too.

Think Davey is looking to go 4-5-1, we have Vaughan and Annichebe to help Yak in a 4-4-2 but can see 4-5-1 with Cahill helping the YakThe AJ deal does seem to be dragging on a bit.

That simply isn't good enough. We haven't got anywhere near a full season out of Vaughan yet so that's a big risk. Vic just isn't good enough. Cahill has dodgy metatarsals so another risk. WTF do we do if Yak gets a season ending injury? Fuck.

He's scored something daft like 7 in 2 games.

I also read that Spurs have pulled out of the race to sign Milito which could possibly mean that Ramos will be happy with what he's got (i.e. Bent) and Arsharvin and/or Pavelychenko (fuck knows how you spell that one!!!).

this is taking the piss now, wheres the money Bill??? were not going to do fuck all if he doesnt pay out some money for transfers! im not looking forward to the first game with the team we have right now <_<

Calm down! Calm down!!!

Just dont believe averything you read....................your commenting on signings that havent really been confirmed to start with....

Im sure DM will get his 4 or 5 signings... lets just wait and see

Guest blueboy122

Danger Mouse.. Every manager draws up a shortlist of who they would like to sign even before the end of the season. Every evertonian knows who we need to sign. I suppose your going to ask where i got this information from and what source etc. the truth is fella its common sense.

I think the one and ONLY fact is moyes saying he wants 4 or 5 players...................... Not who........ Not When...

Im not saying its going to be ok... I seem to be one of the few apparently that dont believe every word in a newspaper

Apart from the M'bia stories, there believable.

I'm not looking to argue with you Danger Mouse, and i appreciate your views, and your optimism is a breath of fresh air, in this frustrating period. But somethings got to give with club pretty soon, there something a miss behind the scenes, whether Wyness fucking off, or simply the lack of activity in the market, people will be worried.