IGNORED

Moutinho

Its sounding promising, but i don't want to get my self to excited untill I see him in an Everton shirt, and im still unsure if that will happen. Still at least he wants to come here. Its good that we can be attracting players of his calibre and they are publically stating that they want to come here. Lets just hope BK can match Moyes's ambition....hahaha.. can't believe i actually wrote that.

Internet translation of the statement on Sporting's site....

1. Last Saturday the FIFA agent Pini Zahavi, fitted with a letter of representation issued by Everton FC visit to the headquarters of the Society and be transmitted intention of the English club offered 15 M € for the acquisition of sports rights of the player Joao Moutinho, can the that figure eventually add an amount not yet determined if the Everton FC to qualify for the Champions League.

2. The proposal was rejected outset and was sent to Mr Pini Zahavi, who acted in the dual capacity as representative of the player and Everton FC, which was not the intention Sporting, SAD transfer the player.

3. As is public knowledge, Joao Moutinho of the contract was substantially improved last year and provides for a termination clause in the value of 25 million € which can be exercised until June 15 of each year. Any proposals submitted after that date, although not binding on the Company, will have to comply with certain requirements, which did not happen.

4.Por addition to Sporting, SAD believes that their structures will have the ability to create the conditions for an athlete, that much pride, beyond the questions of a personal nature which faces and can continue to feel good and happy in their midst.

5. Finally, reveals that the personal reasons that the player pleads to transfer are completely unrelated to Sporting SAD and the employment relationship it maintains with the player and, as such, it can not justify in any way an act of management that does not advocate adequately the interests of the Company and its shareholders.

....so apparently we've offered about £12.5m but they want about £20m.

because you wouldnt go and make an offer for a house for the full value would you?

you offer less than the value and try to agree somewhere in the middle. theres no need to rush in and pay the full whack now, not when theres 5 weeks to go.

Visit My Website

Nice little article about what the sticking point is. Apparently we want to put in installments, while they want 1 large lump sum. Wouldn't mind swapping AJ for Moutinho, seeing as we are better playing a 4-5-1 anyways.

Howard

Neville---Yobo---Jags---Lescott

------Holding Midfielder------ (Dear God we need one badly)

Arteta------------------Pienaar

-------Cahill-----Moutinho-----

---------Yakubu------------------

Would let us have the likes of Baines, Osman, and Vaughan (If he is fit) on the bench. And we could have some youngsters also give some depth such as Gosling and Rodwell ( Really like what I have seen out of him)

Come on BK give Moyes what he needs.

Think he will be here by end of next week if we lock the deal down whilst the team are in USA. AJ will go this week as soon as we have the deal done for Moutinho. This will be an awesome signing for us !!

Think we may try to get Moutinho, Milito and Fernandes plus maybe a surprise like Suchy to bolster the defence. Hopefully Milito will be able to play the 1 upfront role better than AJ was suited to it ! Don't really want to lose AJ but at 27 and lots of injuries last year, maybe now if the time to sell to improve the quality and get the maximum money for him.

Maybe Moyes intends to go 4-4-1-1 whith the 4 across the middle being Arteta, Moutinho, Fernandes and Pienaar with Ossie, Rodwell in reserve. Cahill behind Yak when fit and until then maybe Ossie behind Yak. Maybe no dedicated defensive midfielder like Cars was but a different formation as Manny prefers to sit deeper whereas Moutinho can play middle of the park to pushed forward even in the behind the striker role.

If he then plays Neville, Yobo, Lescott and Bainesy with Jags in reserve, he has a much pacier back four than previous.

Just a thought, I like the dedicated defensive mid but if you cannot get the player to do what Cars did then why not relook at the formation and the players available.

Jason

Just offer 18 million and be done with it, why test the water when we need him. We're linked with every man and his dog each season and the same thing happens time after time. We're not the crap we were under the previous ownership, someone should tell the players that

Just offer 18 million and be done with it, why test the water when we need him. We're linked with every man and his dog each season and the same thing happens time after time. We're not the crap we were under the previous ownership, someone should tell the players that

Well if we just up and offered that they'd think we're willing to pay more.

We're not the crap we were under the previous ownership, someone should tell the players that

correct, we may not be, but the previous owner had the money to improve things, where as the current regime cant manage to get a penny in, and sell of the clubs assets.

we cant afford to go flying in with an offer that suits the selling club. this isnt football manager you know lads

EDIT:

got to give credit to EFC for using Zahvi to broker the deal, hes mountinhos agent and if hes working for everton then hes gunna get commision from both sides, pretty much putting us in a great position with the player.

Edited by StevO

Interesting to see how high we can afford to go in order to secure this signing, hopefully he's not out of our price limits.

Does anyone know how much Lisbon value him? They can't be silly and expect too much he is only 21. I'm keeping everything crossed on this one after seeing any hope of signing Arshavin vanish during Euro 2008. Its mean to say so but I wish he hadn't had such a good tounament.

I'm hearing rumours that Jose Baxter has joined the squad for the Pre-season tour of America. There's no mention of it on the web site. I'm delighted if he has in veiw of the fact Johnsons not travelled.

I'm hearing rumours that Jose Baxter has joined the squad for the Pre-season tour of America. There's no mention of it on the web site. I'm delighted if he has in veiw of the fact Johnsons not travelled.

He was on the front page of the official site in the picture of some of the squad waiting at the airport to fly out. Not much of a rumour tbh mate.

Travelling squad : Iain Turner, Tim Howard (joing squad in Chicago), Nuno Valente, Phil Neville, Joleon Lescott, Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines, Mikel Arteta, Leon Osman, Steven Pienaar, Dan Gosling, Jack Rodwell, James Vaughan, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Yakubu.

He wasn't on the list you see, I thought that was Jutkiewicz in the picture.

Interesting to see how high we can afford to go in order to secure this signing, hopefully he's not out of our price limits.

Does anyone know how much Lisbon value him? They can't be silly and expect too much he is only 21.

It said in the skysports article posted by jamiemaher that Lisbon told Zahvi they would not sell Moutinho for anything less than 19.7 million pounds.

There is a get out clause in his contract for £19.7m, they say they wont sell for less than £20m, its so typical of Everton to go in and offer £11.8 million. :rolleyes:

Daily Post ...... "EVERTON have edged nearer the club record transfer of Joao Moutinho after the Portugal midfielder expressed his desire for a move to Goodison.

But Sporting Lisbon have warned Everton they must increase their bid if they are to prise the 21-year-old playmaker away from the Estadio Jose Alvalade.

The Portuguese club yesterday claimed to have rejected an offer of £11.8million from the Goodison outfit for Moutinho, a figure that could rise if he helped David Moyes’s side qualify for the Champions League. Sporting are adamant they will only allow the player to leave for around £20m, and also had issue with the terms of Everton’s request to spread the fee in instalments."

There is a get out clause in his contract for £19.7m, they say they wont sell for less than £20m, its so typical of Everton to go in and offer £11 million. :rolleyes:

It makes sense to intitialy offer 11.5, we should try and get him for cheap as possible as someone else pointed out earlier you go in for a bid of 20m and they would want 22m.

Its looking like we will get him which is unbeleivable!!!!

It makes sense to intitialy offer 11.5, we should try and get him for cheap as possible as someone else pointed out earlier you go in for a bid of 20m and they would want 22m.

Its looking like we will get him which is unbeleivable!!!!

Has anyone actually seen much of this kid.

Everyone is saying buy him quickly. He carries a good reputation but he's not proven in anyway.

Yes I am a sceptical Evertonian. It happens after many painful seasons.

Its not a realistic bid tho is it.

"Its looking like we will get him which is unbeleivable!!!!"

I hope so but he would have been signed by now if we had been willing to pay the going rate, love to know how many players we've lost by hanging on and trying to get them on the Cheap.

If we lose this one its because of the tight purse strings, and dont forget we will lose Johnson to broker the deal, so the squad will be no bigger, need two more signings but will we have any Money left over.??

Licker thankyou for inviting me to join the fantasy league. As a women I don't think my football knowledge is quite good enough yet. I will have a proper read of it and decide. But if I don't take part myself this time I follow it with interest, and wish you and all the toffee talkers the very best of luck.

Thankyou again and cheers for the info on Joao. 19.7 mil seems a lot for a 21 year old fringe international player. I don't think they want to sell him and that is why such a large amount has been put on him. What real experience does he have to warrent such a fee?