IGNORED

Moutinho

for the people who havent seen him go on youtube and type his name in. he's a central midfielder with bags of skill and a decisive pass, he has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the world, the fee is high but if we want to become a top 4 team we need to sign him soon as possible.

I still think Manny would have been a top signing him moutinho and a defensive midfielder are midfield would have been up there as one of the top midfields in europe.

Licker thankyou for inviting me to join the fantasy league. As a women I don't think my football knowledge is quite good enough yet. I will have a proper read of it and decide. But if I don't take part myself this time I follow it with interest, and wish you and all the toffee talkers the very best of luck.

Thankyou again and cheers for the info on Joao. 19.7 mil seems a lot for a 21 year old fringe international player. I don't think they want to sell him and that is why such a large amount has been put on him. What real experience does he have to warrent such a fee?

Sorry for assuming you were a male, had i seen a pic of you i no doubt would never have made that mistake. ;)

You can still join our Anusol Cup Tipping League, all you have to do is forecast a win or a draw for the Premier League Games each week. Its just for fun unless you are the competetive type. :D

See my sig for details.

Sorry for assuming you were a male, had i seen a pic of you i no doubt would never have made that mistake. ;) You can still join our Anusol Cup Tipping League, all you have to do is forecast a win or a draw for the Premier League Games each week. Its just for fun unless you are the competetive type. :D

See my sig for details.

Flirting Bill? Whatever next eh? :P

Who me Mark :P i'm just on a recruitment campaign for our Toffeetalker competitions. :D

I'll join your league Licker, i already have a team set up for that comp, so i'll add me now.

Couldnt reply to your PM for some reason, it keeps asking me to log in :angry::D

Reports in Portugal say Moutinho has agreed a 5 year deal with us for 50K Euro's a week

please be true! Everton - under BK - usually do excellent transfer deals so hopefully we get him pretty cheap. Looking like AJ is going for £10.5m up front possibly rising to £12m, that is a great deal imo.

what's the latest date to join the fantasy footy? I want to wait until a few more signings have been made.

Edited by carlmc25

Is nobody finding the silence from Everton over this and the AJ situation slightly embarrassing? I could understand the silence if the stories were not being reported but both are being reported everywhere. In the Moutinho situation even Sporting have confirmed things but nothing from Everton, surely our official site is there to give the fans information but it's usually the last to tell us anything. With the AJ saga you're more likely to find out the latest from the Echo ffs <_<

And the silence is just a bout they need to get all out of toffeetv when they have livechat with New arrived players. Couple pounds back from transferprice ^^

I think the silence over Johnson has been due to the fact that Everton didn't actually want to sell until we got the right fee from Fulham, hoping West Ham jump in with another couple of million on top..... :P

As for new signings if we get Moutinho I will be over the moon. Imagine the football that will flow through our midfield. Some of the stuff we played during the Uefa Cup run was top draw, Ossie's goal against Larrisa had me dancing a jig. I reckon Arteta needs another skilful player like Moutinho.

Still can't believe how shit we looked against the shite at Analfield, there pitch seemed massive to our team, players like Moutinho will go a long way to stopping shite displays like that.

who will be next though? Milito? Bent? Viera? Vagner Love? ......nah probably Michael Tonge from Sheff United.

Edited by Mikels Left Tezzer

I'm a little skeptical about whether he will sign or not, there are murmurings from Portuguese websites that he only said he would like to join Everton because he stands to make £1.5million if Everton put in a bid (even if it is rejected) over £15million.

I'm a little skeptical about whether he will sign or not, there are murmurings from Portuguese websites that he only said he would like to join Everton because he stands to make £1.5million if Everton put in a bid (even if it is rejected) over £15million.

I'm skeptical but for different reasons. If we did put in a bid over 16mil, I think we are definitely living beyond our means.

The fact of the matter is we would have 0 midfielders on our bench if we played the 4-5-1. we would have 1 forward with 1st team experience on our bench if we played a 4-4-2. We are an injury away from Baines playing in the Midfield. Imagine if tomorrow was opening day.

------------Yak----------------

-----------Osman-------------

Baines---Arteta-------Pienaar

-----------Neville---------------

Valente--Jags---Yobo---Lescott(out of position)

----------Howard--------------

Bench:

Turner

Valente

Anichebe

Gosling?

Rodwell?

That type of team won't hold up for an entire season + UEFA cup football.

I'm skeptical but for different reasons. If we did put in a bid over 16mil, I think we are definitely living beyond our means.

but if were never going to sign class players (which cost alot of money) then we will be a midtable team for years to come, one class player could make the team go up that next level.

but if were never going to sign class players (which cost alot of money) then we will be a midtable team for years to come, one class player could make the team go up that next level.

Is Moutinho a sure fire class player though? If Man U miss (if Nani doesn't pan out) it's not that big of a deal. If we miss, we can't just simply reload the next offseason.

There are plenty of other midfielders I'd consider when factoring in the price tag as better options than Moutinho (Toulalan and Bodmer, Alou Diarra). I just don't see him alone turning us into a top 4 team.

The fact of the matter is we would have 0 midfielders on our bench if we played the 4-5-1. we would have 1 forward with 1st team experience on our bench if we played a 4-4-2. We are an injury away from Baines playing in the Midfield. Imagine if tomorrow was opening day.

------------Yak----------------

-----------Osman-------------

Baines---Arteta-------Pienaar

-----------Neville---------------

Valente--Jags---Yobo---Lescott(out of position)

----------Howard--------------

Bench:

Turner

Valente

Anichebe

Gosling?

Rodwell?

That type of team won't hold up for an entire season + UEFA cup football.

I didnt know we had two Valente's :huh: but i understand what your saying. A very small squad last year has got even smaller, but dont worry there will be 3 or 4 coming in shortly.

I cant stand the fact moyes is in america when he should be trying his best to sign Moutinho. If we lost out on moutinho I will have lost every bit of patience i have for moyes because I think he's taking the piss, we need new players to gel with our own ones in the pre season. Not After It!

I cant stand the fact moyes is in america when he should be trying his best to sign Moutinho. If we lost out on moutinho I will have lost every bit of patience i have for moyes because I think he's taking the piss, we need new players to gel with our own ones in the pre season. Not After It!

Moyes doesn't need to be involved in the actual signing of the players, that's Wyness and co's job.

Moyes doesn't need to be involved in the actual signing of the players, that's Wyness and co's job.

the manager can always influence the player tho and its like moyes never gets involved with the dealing of players, if i was manager I would want to do my best to persuade a player to come, like Wenger in the Ramsey deal, when he met Wenger and he made his mind up instantly. I suppose the player only meets the manager when a bid is accepted so I can see where your coming from.