IGNORED

Moutinho

anyone of us who is a true blue dreams of this signing. The guy is one of the top young attacking midfielders in the world, however we all know if we really wanted him we would have paid the £20 mill plus to get him if not we would have got arshavin for the same. We simply dont have that type of cash!! not only the transfer fee but also the wage package for a 3-5 year contract aswell. Behind the scenes we have major problems otherwise we wouldnt have signed the type of players we have ie loans. To really push the top 4 we need major investment and in the current structure of the club we just dont have that. I love the club and love the fact we are one of only a few clubs that are owned by people who love the club but love dont pay the bills and buy the best players!!! FACT

Going to be more loan, young, untested and also risky ie saha type signings I am afraid!!

Watched scholes tonight, ok, got sent off. If united paid £50m 14 years ago it would be money extremely well spent - they didn't but look what he's done. This lad to me looks the business - similar but potentially more rounded, £17m could be great business, He is the type of player that makes the difference - forget stature, he can play. Want him signed. Round of applause on Saha, a little risk, but if fit, a world class goal scorer and not many better natural finishers in the game.

I Realy hope this comes off, imagine the squad, im not to fussy on Castillo or Jacobson but if we got him then, i think its the difference between 4th and 5th, i can imagine this being one of them signings with about an hour to go untill the Window closes, ill be sat there watching Sky Sports news hahah :D

I Realy hope this comes off, imagine the squad, im not to fussy on Castillo or Jacobson but if we got him then, i think its the difference between 4th and 5th, i can imagine this being one of them signings with about an hour to go untill the Window closes, ill be sat there watching Sky Sports news hahah :D

Joao is good but he is not the difference between 4th and 5th, one player is not going to change the whole squad. He is the difference between possibly keeping 5th and alternatlivly falling away and not qualifying for europe.

He is not the answer to all our prayers, but he will be one hell of a player. To think he will push us into champions league spot is plain stupid, look at the clubs above us and the players that play in that role. Gerrard, Cesc... he may be that good one day, but at the moment he is not one of the top midfielders in the world, he has the potential, but not just yet,.

Joao is good but he is not the difference between 4th and 5th, one player is not going to change the whole squad. He is the difference between possibly keeping 5th and alternatlivly falling away and not qualifying for europe.

He is not the answer to all our prayers, but he will be one hell of a player. To think he will push us into champions league spot is plain stupid, look at the clubs above us and the players that play in that role. Gerrard, Cesc... he may be that good one day, but at the moment he is not one of the top midfielders in the world, he has the potential, but not just yet,.

True True, he isnt as good as The likes as Cesc etc.. but coming to everton he may be able to become as good as cesc , if we sign him, half way through the season he could be as important as Arteta for us, even though i think we do need 1 or 2 more midfielders after him, someone like Manny or Nigel De jong is what im hoping for, which will allow Moutinho to attack, and Liverpool are not that Special, they always just get Lucky, if we got Moutinho then we could challenge them, but we would need one or two more players to play behind him.

True True, he isnt as good as The likes as Cesc etc.. but coming to everton he may be able to become as good as cesc , if we sign him, half way through the season he could be as important as Arteta for us, even though i think we do need 1 or 2 more midfielders after him, someone like Manny or Nigel De jong is what im hoping for, which will allow Moutinho to attack, and Liverpool are not that Special, they always just get Lucky, if we got Moutinho then we could challenge them, but we would need one or two more players to play behind him.

What is extraordinary about J. Moutinho is that he can play all the positions in a "diamond" midfield formation without loosing his importance in the overall game. He can play 6, 7, 8 and 10 in midfield. Although being a natural number 8, in my opinion, the coach can move him around throughout the season, or a game, and still have the delivery. Mainly is the guy who is going to link the defense with the attack, both defending and attacking with the team. If the team has a good number 6 and a good number 10, than João Moutinho will play together in the defensive and offense miedfield, being the extra man defending and attacking. Besides that he has control of the ball and quik decision making. He is not the player who is going to leave oponents sitting on the groung but he can move the whole team, being a player his mates can trust with the ball.

Bluekipper are normally pretty good........ do you think he will be better than Jags in the centre of mid??? Fingers crossed we get him.........

well, down here, there's speculation about english interest in one of our strikers, but nothing new on moutinho, only that report from a newspaper based on Porto, which is hard for me to believe, since none of the lisbon ones have any mention of it. and i doubt he'd have gone to sign before our clubs agreed on anything, and since we have an important game monday night, i think the press would notice his absence from the training sessions.

so, not to rain on your parade, but that appears to be just whisfull thinking bolocks, but bolocks nonetheless :rolleyes:

also who had hered of Fabregas before he went to Arsenal, So There you Go he could just be as big

also who had hered of Fabregas before he went to Arsenal, So There you Go he could just be as big

As Steve stated, he was very very young when he joined Arsenal. He didn't make an instant impact. Which is what my point was. In my post I stated that he could be become one of the biggest midfielders in the world, but at the moment he is not. I think its a fair point.

He Is In MerseySide Now Thank God, :D:D:D its on Blue Kipper http://www.bluekipper.com/fishy/summuer_08...8_41_60.htm#45n hope he comes, but we nned more

see him leave ground in a rush after last goal

As long as Jags gets out of midfield and back in defence to stop us giving goals away for fun then any 'proper' midfielder will do for me.

agreed are defence was starten 2 look good gone now get him back there

Edited by StevO