IGNORED

Moutinho

Guest efctaxi

If you want players on loan , the last thing you do is offer any money for someone , unless it's the final hour .

Once you offer money for a single player , all loan deals could crumble .

I think Moyes likes to try players out before buying them . Yes , we spent last season and sill got loans so to speak , and no , we didn't try Mo out , but it's my right to talk bollox if I want to :)

Well, the press here loves to make scandals and create problems around Sporting. Ever since the situation with Vukcevic resolved itself, they've been after something. Those coments from Moutinho were taken from a pre-game press conference, where he said that what he said in the summer is what he felt at the time, but he's happy he stayed, he's happy and focused on helping Sporting with it's objectives, and when asked about the winter transfer, he said that no one knows what the future will bring, but he'll give his best while he's here.

In all fairness, I could see a move, since a player like Moutinho would bring more creativity to and mobility to Everton's midfield, and, since he can play practically anywhere (defensive, offensive, middle,left, right) in the midfield, he'd be a great addiction.

BUT, given the current exchange rates, and the significant part he continues to play in our midfield, i doubt the funds are there...

As for the news itself, did anyone see it in the british press? Because I just saw a report on a portuguese sports paper site, with known tendencies toward benfica, say that their piece is according to british press reports... IF, in fact, there's nothing there besides the same vague references, I think it's people once again fanning the flames of a dying fire...

Anyways, regarding loans, we have quite a number of good players that may be good prospects, and seeing as their chance at 1st team football is very small, might be a good a idea to try that. Chelsea and Arsenal already had a couple of Sporting youngsters there, why not Everton? Adrien is a good defensive midfielder, and has slim chances to play. And next year, Diogo Rosado might be in the same situation... He's a hot prospect, I can tell you.

Edited by Sporting4ever

biggingerdave@aintgotapottopissin.com

That's the best thing I've ever heard, quality :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But where would he play?

Cahill, Felliani, Arteta and a DM are always going to start. Does this mean relegating Pienaar to the bench?

Can't see this happening we just don't need the guy.

A striker please! Or at least a better DM than we have now.

without getting ahead of ourselves ....... surely hes better than Cahill

Cahill will always start. He has a galvanising affect on the team.

He offers something that I can put my finger on because we always seem to play much better when he is in the side.

Mouthinio is a better player but I doubt he can have the same affect on the team as Cahill.

Guest efctaxi

He offers something that I can put my finger on because we always seem to play much better when he is in the side.

Mouthinio is a better player but I doubt he can have the same affect on the team as Cahill.

Cahill is 30 years old this year .

He is good for the team , but plan B is very much a concern that needs addressing .

At the beginning, I agree. But there's a reason he got to wear the captain's armband at his age, he's very mature for his age, and would easily gain the trust of his new teammates in a short time. So I'd say yeah, he could get that out of them, given time.

Anyways, if you want a DM, Miguel Veloso is a very good player. He's rated higher than Moutinho, problem is, he's probably gonna be more expensive... That's one of the reason I mentioned Adrien. He's a DM as well, very good player, but he rarely gets to play, and that's hurting his progression.

And once more, I can't help but mention some of Sporting de Braga talents... Filipe Oliveira, Luís Aguiar, Linz, Renteria, all have proven to be great players, and they'd be keen on a move to the EPL...

At the beginning, I agree. But there's a reason he got to wear the captain's armband at his age, he's very mature for his age, and would easily gain the trust of his new teammates in a short time. So I'd say yeah, he could get that out of them, given time.

Anyways, if you want a DM, Miguel Veloso is a very good player. He's rated higher than Moutinho, problem is, he's probably gonna be more expensive... That's one of the reason I mentioned Adrien. He's a DM as well, very good player, but he rarely gets to play, and that's hurting his progression.

And once more, I can't help but mention some of Sporting de Braga talents... Filipe Oliveira, Luís Aguiar, Linz, Renteria, all have proven to be great players, and they'd be keen on a move to the EPL...

You seem to have a lot of talented up and comers, and usually theyre the ones who will come for loan deals (with option to buy), but if we were in the market for Moutinho or Veloso, they just wouldn't go for loans would they?

Which is why unless Bk and Dm have secured some money that they wanted to keep under wraps, we won't be going for those type of players. Moutinho would add so much to our side and being so young, he could be our fabregas, but the odds of landing him on loan are very steep, and even to buy him, we'd need a very good offer.

Then if we even mention these players as potential targets, the barcodes will just leap in and take em away.

Then if we even mention these players as potential targets, the barcodes will just leap in and take em away.

hahaha thats right

i dont see us signing him in this market, but maybe when the season is over in the summer when we have a bit of cash

YES KENWRIGHT CASH

hahaha thats right

i dont see us signing him in this market, but maybe when the season is over in the summer when we have a bit of cash

YES KENWRIGHT CASH

~

The policy of SCP is to keep all its main players for this season, including JM. And about its youth is to bring them to the first squad (professionals) first.

Good luck with Liverpool.

Cheers.

Not going to happen imo. will cost too much, all clubs will be adding an extra couple of million due to the kaka deal i predict, "if city are paying that much for one player then we can add 1, 2 mill extra on just so we have more money to buy players and try keep up" thats what i think clubs will think now.

~

The policy of SCP is to keep all its main players for this season, including JM. And about its youth is to bring them to the first squad (professionals) first.

Good luck with Liverpool.

Cheers.

Yeah. Although, if you look at it, if you don't sell players, the youngsters are gonna get locked out of 1st team football. Look at Adrien and Pereirinha. Why the F*CK did we keep Tiui and loaned Celestino, or sold Varela? And next year, if Veloso and Moutinho stay again, you're gonna have players like Diogo Rosado to add to the bench warmers list. These are youngsters that we need to let grow, in terms of their football, and you're blocking that. So unless you sell, you're gonna be swamped with loans, and then mutual rescisions, and you're gonna loose talent. We already lost a striker that might have prevented the Tiuis and Purovics from ever setting foot on Alvalade, João Paiva, we let go of Varela, Boa Morte, and now, we risk a lot more...

You have no room at the moment for Diogo Carriço, Adrien Silva, Bruno Pereirinha, and Diogo Rosado. We need to sort this out.

You seem to have a lot of talented up and comers, and usually theyre the ones who will come for loan deals (with option to buy), but if we were in the market for Moutinho or Veloso, they just wouldn't go for loans would they?

Which is why unless Bk and Dm have secured some money that they wanted to keep under wraps, we won't be going for those type of players. Moutinho would add so much to our side and being so young, he could be our fabregas, but the odds of landing him on loan are very steep, and even to buy him, we'd need a very good offer.

Odds of getting a loan are indeed nigh impossible. It would be easier to get loans on these youngsters I mentioned. But anything I say at the moment cannot be taken for granted, as it's possible that, coming July, a new President could be elected, with a different agenda. I doubt much we'll sell talent the way we did until the season before last, but I can't really say. Not many clubs currently have the ability to fork 20 to 30 million Euros for a player, so there might be policy changes. I, for one, would love to see players hang around longer, but we're still a very effective formation ground, and if we stiffle that, we push out players that have no way to progress. We need to find a proper balance between continuity and rejuvenation...

Not going to happen imo. will cost too much, all clubs will be adding an extra couple of million due to the kaka deal i predict, "if city are paying that much for one player then we can add 1, 2 mill extra on just so we have more money to buy players and try keep up" thats what i think clubs will think now.

Well, Sporting was always pretty direct regarding the ammount for Moutinho, his release clause, i.e. , 25 million euros. So even if we want more, that's all you really need ;)

Pretty much all our players have release clauses, which we try to keep high, to maximize the return we get from a player, especially now that we're not forced into selling a player every year. That might change, however, but more is something we cannot force you to pay. I think pretty much all clubs in Portugal work with that policy, of a release clause in the contract.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Sporting4ever,

JM will eventually go out, if things go as everyone expects. It is difficult for SCP to match offers from England, Spain or Italy, but the reason, in my opinion, wouldn't be the youngsters, because JM is central for Sporting in a way that perhaps will take a youngster a few years to achieve. To let JM go is most probably to reduce the quality of SCPs squad and go to the uncertainty of signing new players.

JM has the importance for SCP ,more or less, in the dimension Arteta has for Everton. Everton fans can understand the risk of letting Arteta go to give way to a youngster (and lets not forget that JM is around 22/23 years old) - that only played youth championships. The players you mentioned like Carriço and Adrien, although they are with the professionals already, they play in different positions from JM, and Carriço is having his chance as you know and it seems we have a C. Defender for the future. Adrien is more complicated because he has the competition of M. Veloso and Rochembak wich makes him a 3rd choice, but even so he is playing bits here and there and if he shows the quality, then probably you can release M. Veloso with less of a risk. but for Moutinho there is, for now, in my opinion, no match in SCP, wich is why i would like SCP to renew his contract.

SCP is a team that likes to bring up young players (2 of SCPs former young players got the FIFA best player prize, C.Ronaldo and Figo) that is true, their fans demand it, but it is a team whose fans also demand to compete for the title at home, and, abroad, to go past the group stages in the CL, wich we did for the first time this year, so we need experienced players along with the young ones.

In rough terms this is my opinion. And it is allways nice to visit this Forum, even if it is to talk about SCP :|... sorry about that!...but i guess you started it... :)

Cheers everyone.

Cumprimentos para o (regards to) Sporting4ever.

Edited by SportingCPOrtugal

Guest efctaxi

The only thing going for us on this one is that Moutinho actually WANTS to come to Everton .

He was reported to have publically pleaded to come here , which didn't go down too well with their fans .

From a Sporting forum :

"Sporting Lisbon president Filipe Soares Franco insists midfielder Joao Moutinho will not be leaving the club this summer.

Everton target Moutinho publicly pleaded to be allowed to move to Goodison Park after Sporting turned down a £12.5million bid from the Merseysiders.

Reports suggest that Everton have made a second offer for the highly-rated 21-year-old, but Soares Franco insists Moutinho is staying at the Estadio Jose Alvalade.

'I can guarantee one thing, he told Portuguese sports daily Record,

'Joao Moutinho was made at Sporting, he has all the affection of the entire club, we all like Joao Moutinho and want him to stay at the Alvalade.

'The file on Joao Moutinho is closed.'

Moutinho received a frosty reception when he turned out for his side's friendly against PSV Eindhoven.

However, Soares Franco remained diplomatic over the fans' reaction to the Portugal international.

'Each Sporting member has the right to judge the attitude and declarations of Moutinho how they like,' he added."

The only thing going for us on this one is that Moutinho actually WANTS to come to Everton .

He was reported to have publically pleaded to come here , which didn't go down too well with their fans .

From a Sporting forum :

"Sporting Lisbon president Filipe Soares Franco insists midfielder Joao Moutinho will not be leaving the club this summer.

Everton target Moutinho publicly pleaded to be allowed to move to Goodison Park after Sporting turned down a £12.5million bid from the Merseysiders.

Reports suggest that Everton have made a second offer for the highly-rated 21-year-old, but Soares Franco insists Moutinho is staying at the Estadio Jose Alvalade.

'I can guarantee one thing, he told Portuguese sports daily Record,

'Joao Moutinho was made at Sporting, he has all the affection of the entire club, we all like Joao Moutinho and want him to stay at the Alvalade.

'The file on Joao Moutinho is closed.'

Moutinho received a frosty reception when he turned out for his side's friendly against PSV Eindhoven.

However, Soares Franco remained diplomatic over the fans' reaction to the Portugal international.

'Each Sporting member has the right to judge the attitude and declarations of Moutinho how they like,' he added."

thats sounds like something from the summer after which joao said he snubbed us (maybe he says that because we were pretty piss poor in the league)

it would be nice to get a quality player. the more the merrier.

They are comments from the summer, in fact, but in all fairness, even though I'd like him to stay, he didn't snub Everton.

I've said this before here, when this was happening, his reasons were financial. Apparently, his family got in some sort of construction debt, and he asked for a move to be able to pay for it, i.e., make more money. That didn't sit well with the fans, or the club, since just prior to the Euro, Sporting offered him a new contract, which he accepted, making him the 2nd highest payed player in our team. So you can imagine that, after you've made the effort to keep him, and he accepts, gettiing a plea for departure not 3 months after, THAT was a snub... So, and in all fairness to Everton, I don't think he wanted a move to Everton, it was just that, through the relations between Zahavi and EFC, and given that Everton were the only ones that actually made an offer, he said what he said...

So I cannot tell you anything about his feelings for Everton, or if someone else comes along and pays, he'll go, but I'm leaning more to the later. What I CAN tell you is that he'll always do his best, no matter where he is, or how he feels. He's a true professional. He must have been dissapointed to have stayed, but he clearly doesn't show it on the pitch, he gives it all.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi

If Jô is successful , he will be Moyes preferred signing I feel , and unless we sell off Yakubu , or Lescott etc , we won't have the funds for both , unless we get into Europe :)

Edited by efctaxi

id love us to sign this guy, undoubted quality!

I don't mean this in a negative way but isn't this guy another Pienaar?

i.e. small, tidy & hard working.

Don't we have enough tidy, midget gems?

We need pace!

Don't know a lot about Moutinho so could be talking out of sorts.

As much as I would want him here...he sounds like M'Bia.

He is glad of the interest but is secretly hanging on for a "bigger" club to bid for him.

I don't expect us to get him in the summer.

Wouldnt you? Everton or the likes of Man Utd come in for you? who do you go to? Man Utd ofcourse. Champions league, more money etc.

I would love to have him here but cant see it. We need a striker come summer and the price sporting would want will seriously dent our budget if not be over what we have.

Wouldnt you? Everton or the likes of Man Utd come in for you? who do you go to? Man Utd ofcourse. Champions league, more money etc.

I would love to have him here but cant see it. We need a striker come summer and the price sporting would want will seriously dent our budget if not be over what we have.

Sorry, what's your point? You just clarified what I said.

Oh and you are asking the wrong people on an Everton forum what team they would choose, Everton or Manure... :P

^^^I think aaron meant he doesn't blame Moutinho for hanging on for a bigger club....because anyone would unless they were Everton fans, scratch that, even if they were Everton fans.

More money means better standard of living, and I don't think Everton can compete on the wage level of some of the other clubs.

To be honest if he comes here he does and if he doesn't he doesn't, I won't be overly bothered either way as I see him as a younger arteta, and someone like Fellaini who will be much more valuable in the future than they are right now.