IGNORED

Pompey

iggy

Essien came into the prem and bossed the games straight from the off, as did sissoko for Liverpool before injury, as did Diarra, Palacios, Makelele etc etc. These were players who had come from slower tempo teams.

It's just that they have high levels of mobility which means they can adapt. Wenger got rid of one of the best central midfielders in Patrick Viera when he seen his legs were on the way out. Without mobility in the premiership you need to be a very technical player to remain in the midfield and compete (Alonso - still covered 11 km most games though)

When arteta is back, we will have one of the best partnerships in Rodwell and Spud. I just don't see a starting role for Fellaini.

Essiens game is based on a high tempo physical approach, so he was taylor made for the PL, also partnerd in midfield by Jo Cole and Lamps who meke it a bit easier to perform. Sissoko is a tackler pure and simple, he could never and will never be able to score the goals Fellani has, or pass the ball like he can and sissoko still took months to settle and was partnerd in midfield by Steve Me, and Alonso, again a good midfield to call home!

Makelele was Chelsea's Carsley, both of whom were defensive mids who coverd alot of ground but had all the mobility of Thora Heard. Palacous was the star at Wigan and the team pretty much played to his strengths which made it easier for him I would argue. Alonso is a genius and plays for the best international midfield in the world.

Viera left as Arsne was offerd an obscene anount of money for a player of his age.

Fellani is not a "fast" plyer, but he is not slow, he is a a good passer, with the ability to become a very good passer, he can tackle and score goals. He is a all rounder, as he and DM said when he signed him. He will never pass like Alonso, run like Essien, tackle like Makelele, but then again nobody will!! What we have is a player who can do all 3 well and has the potential to excell as an all round centre mid!

A midfield of Pienaar Rodwell Arteta Fellani Billy looks pretty good to me, but what looks even better is the optios we have and the competition for places we need to compete with the SKY 4, and having players of Fellani's quality can only help with that! Plus can you imagine how good Fellani and Rodwell will be in 5 years after playing in the same midfield?

Edited by London Blue

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essiens game is based on a high tempo physical approach, so he was taylor made for the PL, also partnerd in midfield by Jo Cole and Lamps who meke it a bit easier to perform. Sissoko is a tackler pure and simple, he could never and will never be able to score the goals Fellani has, or pass the ball like he can and sissoko still took months to settle and was partnerd in midfield by Steve Me, and Alonso, again a good midfield to call home!

Makelele was Chelsea's Carsley, both of whom were defensive mids who coverd alot of ground but had all the mobility of Thora Heard. Palacous was the star at Wigan and the team pretty much played to his strengths which made it easier for him I would argue. Alonso is a genius and plays for the best international midfield in the world.

Viera left as Arsne was offerd an obscene anount of money for a player of his age.

Fellani is not a "fast" plyer, but he is not slow, he is a a good passer, with the ability to become a very good passer, he can tackle and score goals. He is a all rounder, as he and DM said when he signed him. He will never pass like Alonso, run like Essien, tackle like Makelele, but then again nobody will!! What we have is a player who can do all 3 well and has the potential to excell as an all round centre mid!

A midfield of Pienaar Rodwell Arteta Fellani Billy looks pretty good to me, but what looks even better is the optios we have and the competition for places we need to compete with the SKY 4, and having players of Fellani's quality can only help with that! Plus can you imagine how good Fellani and Rodwell will be in 5 years after playing in the same midfield?

I dont mind Felli he is a decent player, not worth anywhere near the money we paid for him but then thats not his fault.

I agree he is a good passer and he has certainly got goals in him. I also think he has quick feet and very good ball control however I do think he is crap in the tackle and I also think he is very slow

At the moment I honestly beleive Cahill offers more and so I would have him in my side before Felli