IGNORED

Pompey

iggy

Without getting carried away with our recent successes against mediocre opposition, how do you think this one will go?

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception Distin will get from the home crowd too.

Not a great place for us of late, last season we were pretty awful but I do expect better things this time round, after all they have lost most of their better players of late and a Carling cup win against the mighty Carlisle aside have endured the worst possible start to their season.

Would like to see us start with.......

Howard

Heitinger Yobo Distin Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Fellaini Bilyaletdinov

Saha Yakubu

Subs Nash, Hibbert, Neill, Osman, Jo, Cahill, Gosling.

0-3 Yak, Rodwell, Bilyaletdinov

(And unlike most of the travelling support I shall have time for several shants pre match! B) )

Edited by iggy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without getting carried away with our recent successes against mediocre opposition, how do you think this one will go?

It will be interesting to see what kind of reception Distin will get from the home crowd too.

Not a great place for us of late, last season we were pretty awful but I do expect better things this time round, after all they have lost most of their better players of late and a Carling cup win against the mighty Carlisle aside have endured the worst possible start to their season.

Would like to see us start with.......

Howard

Heitinger Yobo Distin Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Fellaini Bilyaletdinov

Saha Yakubu

Subs Nash, Hibbert, Neill, Osman, Jo, Cahill, Gosling.

0-3 Yak, Rodwell, Bilyaletdinov

(And unlike most of the travelling support I shall have time for several shants pre match! B) )

Iggy i pretty much agree with that apart from i think Cahill will start and Jo has a slight probabilty to start, as the Yak has a slight thigh strain.

I think Bily will score, 4 assists so far, he's got to score soon enough haha!

I dont think the game will be as easy as the last couple, hungry new players at pompey and feel 2-0 is apt enough, Bily and Jo for me.

I have to say i'm feeling nervous about this game. Pompy havn't won in 6 games but been playing well, so there due a win. We scored 11 in 3 match, i'm hoping that continues.

I think it will be a tuff match an a close result, i think however with Billy on an our strikers on form, we should win.

4-5-1 will be our formation, probably Saha starting with Fellini behind him.

Iggy i pretty much agree with that apart from i think Cahill will start and Jo has a slight probabilty to start, as the Yak has a slight thigh strain.

Pretty sure that will be the case too, I fully expect a 4-5-1 with Timmy and Louis (Saha.... not our glorious bleeder leader) starting, but would love to see us set out with 2 up for once.

It will just be Radio commentary, Live TV is usually for Pre-season Friendlies.

You will be able to see it from the morning after on TV, the full game, just highlights, or just the goals, as well as interviews from players and the manager.

Its well worth it for anybody thats a bit remote and does'nt have easy access to the games.

Its funny, different sources claim different things. Some say Pienaar and Yobo have been declared fit, others say not. Some say Bilyaletdinov, is struggling and unlikely to play, others havent mentioned him at all. So i personaly think Pienaar and Yobo are fit, Bily's 50/50 and Yak's a no.

the os says pienaar and yobo are going to be last minute decisons, i dont think yak will play,as i cant see them wanting to tamper with his comeback too much, when we have loius and jo ready to play, not sure whats going on with billy though? I didnt hear that he was unfit for this game?

heres the o/s story

http://www.evertonfc.co.uk/news/archive/moyes-must-wait-on-trio.html

On the Beeb:

TEAM NEWS

Full-back Steve Finnan could finally make his Portsmouth debut on Saturday after struggling with a hamstring problem since arriving from Espanyol.

Striker Aruna Dindane, who scored on his debut against Carlisle on Tuesday, may miss out with a knee injury.

Everton full-back Lucas Neill is pushing for his league debut following his arrival on a free transfer.

But Russian midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov is struggling to overcome a groin strain.

Does anyone know if this match will be on Everton TV? Just subscribed and can't seem to find a schedule or owt. Is it just radio coverage?

You have to go to a website like www.Iraqgoals.net to watch it live, unless you got skysports or a local pub has.. I think you can watch match highlights on there.

Saha will start an hopefully Billy will to

we can only be positive whilst were playing like we have been lately.

.................Howard.................

Heitenga....Yobo........Distin....Baines

.........Rodwell.......Fellaini.........

Pienaar..........Cahill............Billy

.................Yakubu.................

surely thats our best 11 with no Arteta and Jagielka, some have said theres a few doubts so sadly I cannot see it being the team.

Edited by Blue4Ever

we can only be positive whilst were playing like we have been lately.

.................Howard.................

Heitenga....Yobo........Distin....Baines

.........Rodwell.......Fellaini.........

Pienaar..........Cahill............Billy

.................Yakubu.................

surely thats our best 11 with no Arteta and Jagielka, some have said theres a few doubts so sadly I cannot see it being the team.

Looks a quality line up but at the moment I would have Luis in ahead of Yak

This. He's going to pick up niggles because he's been out for so long (highlighted against Hull), we need to ease him in so he doesn't pick up another serious injury. Plus, why would you start Yak when Saha is bang in form?

Completly agree!

Saha might have a go at PL topscorer if he keeps this form up.

edit: I'm taking that back in fear of jinxing him into an injury

Edited by Churinga

This. He's going to pick up niggles because he's been out for so long (highlighted against Hull), we need to ease him in so he doesn't pick up another serious injury. Plus, why would you start Yak when Saha is bang in form?

Fully agree. No point risking him when we still have options. Maybe start him 1 in 4 games at the moment. Give him half an hour here or there. We want him back to the Yak we all know and love, rushing him back wont do this.

I'm slightly wary of today. I think that pompey have alot to prove and our PL record is still not great. We have picked up some great results recently, but AEK Athens where poor, Blackburn lacked any sort of desire and Hull fielded a mainly reserves team. This should not detract from our perfromances but we should not get carried away