IGNORED

Barnes And Mcateer Sacked By Tranmere

Hardly surprising with the terrible start and their respective poor management and coaching careers. I don't know what it is about these players who have had decent playing careers but think they can cut it at the management game. Bryan Robson is another who springs to mind, they seem to have grand delusions about being great managers and to be honest the fools who hire them are as much to blame. Back to Barnes though, he actually arrived at Prenton Park today on his bike and after getting his P45, he and McAteer had to load it in McAteers car before they drove off, hilarious :D

...the fools who hire them are as much to blame.

My thoughts exactly. Tranmere you can almost forgive taking a punt on a name; it was Celtic giving him a job that truly bemused me.

It's a shame. Can remember 40,000 Evertonians all holding their breath every time a twenty year old Barnes got the ball in the '84 Cup Final....he was such a threat (their only one that day fortunately).

He's now becoming a joke. Sad.

Hardly a shock to be honest, i'm more suprised that Wycombe have given Peter Taylor the old heave-ho. Don't get me wrong he's not the best manager in the world but Wycombe we'll find it hard to find someone with as much experience and ability as he does. He did wonders last season and got Wycombe playing good football, things have been hard since there promotion but that usually is the case. They should have stood by him IMO.

Hardly a shock to be honest, i'm more suprised that Wycombe have given Peter Taylor the old heave-ho. Don't get me wrong he's not the best manager in the world but Wycombe will find it hard to find someone with as much experience and ability as he does. He did wonders last season and got Wycombe playing good football, things have been hard since there promotion but that usually is the case. They should have stood by him IMO.

I agree Jamie.

Under 21s

He agreed and signed a two-year contract at Dover in May 1996 but was to leave the club only two months later after being asked by then England boss Glenn Hoddle to manage the England under-21 side. His record was 15 played; 11 won, 3 drawn and 1 defeat. In this time, England finished ninth in 1998 European Championship and qualified for the 2000 finals comfortably, winning every match without conceding a goal. But with 3 matches to play, Taylor was replaced in a controversial manner by Howard Wilkinson, who won the next two matches. The three goals conceded in the 3–1 defeat to group runners-up Poland were the only blemish on the team's qualifying record. England got knocked out in the qualifying group stage of the European Championships in 2000 under Wilkinson. (WIKI)

To be honest he is managing well below his worth, hes deserves much better than that

Its still a mystery to me why he was replaced by that idiot Wilkinson.

I think its a shame that the chuckle brothers have been sacked as I thought they were doing a wonderful job at Tranny!

I bet Ronnie Moore is laughing his cock off right now

I used to actually like Tranny Rovers and looked out for their results but over the years I have seen how much they hate Everton and so now the feeling is mutual

Lol all closet reds anyway, bring on the Conference

ronnie moore only missed out on playoffs by 1 goal last season and was then sacked even though he never spent a penny! barnes comes in no experience at that level , half the 1st team leave and he brings in a load of rejects and unkowns, bound to fail.

it is no coincidence that peter johnson is now an active member on the board this year and majority shareholder! what a wanker he is!

then again him and tranmere are probably made for each other

ronnie moore only missed out on playoffs by 1 goal last season and was then sacked even though he never spent a penny! barnes comes in no experience at that level , half the 1st team leave and he brings in a load of rejects and unkowns, bound to fail.

it is no coincidence that peter johnson is now an active member on the board this year and majority shareholder! what a wanker he is!

then again him and tranmere are probably made for each other

Ha ha totally agree