IGNORED

Beckham

just wanted to get the views of everyone here about beckham...man of the match last night after a 35 minute cameo and to be fair he did lift the whole place i mean the fans were cheerin like we had scored when he got up off the bench. a lot of debate about him on 606 as to whether he should be in the squad for the world cup or if he should be forcefully retired even. personally i think someone with beckhams set piece and crossing delivery is always worth a spot in the squad and 20-30 minutes when we are struggling especially with the likes of wright phillips and lennon who seem to struggle to put the quality balls in the box most of the time when they get in the positions. but the difference is they can beat a man and get it to the byline. that's never been beckhams game though i dont think even when he had the legs i cant often remember him taking a player on so has his game changed in the last few years do you reckon or can he still do the same job?....what you guys think??

Never was a big Beckham fan until the 2001 Greece game when he took us to the World Cup virtually single handed...not just the last minute goal but his whole performance.

I'd take him for sure....but I agree with Aaron on the shaving bit. Looks like he's been hanging out with some hillbillies in the US. Someone needs to tell him :unsure: .

he is a world class player. Forget the obvious deadball genius, his influence and workrate are fantastic. he leads by example (most of the time) and inspires the players around him. sure, not as fast as he once was, but he always gave 100% and i imagine will continue to do so in order to prove his worth. I like the fact that Capello isnt afraid of dropping the big names, but he is one name i would always include, at least have on the bench. Dare i say it, i would love to see him in blue too....

Some guy on five live suggesting we shouldn't take him because his wife's presence with the "WAGS" causes them to be a "distraction."

Load of shite. If that's a worry then forget banning the wives, just ban tabloid journos (or if that's not possible because of some stupid human rights legislation then just ban the squad from reading them....personally I don't think tabloid hacks should be protected anyway because it's open to debate whether they're human or not :P ).