IGNORED

Newcastle New Stadium Name...

i Dont feel one bit sorry for them, they were always up on their high horse every season thinking they would be world beaters.

Best day of my life watching the Fat geordies cry, because they tried to basically be a poor mans Man City and basically everyone they bought was a flop.

Sorry if i sound so harsh but i really do believe people get what they deserve and the geordies got it. Unfortunatly, we havent got what we deserve at all this season <_<

In Rugby League quite a few team have given away the naming rights for their ground, although not quite in as spectacularly shit fashion as the geordies.

GPW Recruitment Stadium (aka Knowsley road)

DW Stadium (aka JJB stadium)

The Grattan Stadium (Odsal)

The Galpharm Stadium (Huddersfield)

and so on....

What a load of crap though. Cant say I'd be overjoyed to have the newly funded 'Lidl @ Goodison Park'.

I can understand clubs naming their stadium when its a new build like The Emirates to get some money back from the cost of the build, but to rename a stadium that has already been established and around for years is a joke. Even more so when its at a stadum like St James' Park which is probably one of the best known stadiums in the country.

Yes you can get some extra finance but its feels more like your selling the soul of the club in some ways. I Trully hope it never happens to Goodison!

It's all about money.. I can see a lot of clubs following Ashley's example.

Exactly - the floodgates have now opened. I can see lots of clubs following suite (indeed Chelsea havbe already made an announcement!).

There are a lot of people on other forums laughing and gloating about the name change - I think a few will pretty soon have egg on their faces - who do you think will be the first to play in the 'Virgin Stadium' or the 'Smeg Arena'?