IGNORED

Speaking With The Enemy

LFCGlobe

Hi,

I work for the Liverpool website LFCGlobe.com. We want to ask you a few questions before the game on Sunday at Goodison Park.

How has the season been shaping up so far?

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Your worst player(s)?

What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

Are you surprised by Liverpool's poor start to the season which also included going out of the Champions League and joining you in the Europa League?

Where do you expect Everton and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

Care to predict the score?

Thanks a lot and hoping for a good game on Sunday!

For myself I think things have taken a real downward turn for the worst. However it is mostly due to the awful injury list we have had to carry. Especially to key players. Our squad is small compared to some :rolleyes: So it is understandable that it is difficult to cover such losses over a season. Things should start to improve now with a bit of luck.

My expectations are a good charge up the table when the aforesaid injuries ease. It may be a bit late in the day but I would expect at least a top 7 finish.

Playing it changes from match to match a lot. Tim Howard is a good keeper and King Louis is a good striker. Of course you know the ones who YOU consider to be dangerous. Any of them are important.

Mikel Arteta is possibly the most important player, except that he is not fit to play just yet.

Your worst player(s)?

Another one that splits opinion depending on the match being played. I think overall, Tony Hibbert has had more criticism than most.

The best one we can put out. Which may not mean much just now, but it is guaranteed that the boys will be up for it and give 100% for the cause.

Are you surprised by Liverpool's poor start to the season which also included going out of the Champions League and joining you in the Europa League?

No, certainly not. I know a lot of your fans were thinking of winning the league earlier in the season. So were some 'experts' but personally I always had the impression the wheels were going to come off. I think it is the way you rely so much on Gerrard and Torres to keep the team afloat in the difficult games. I suspect that for one of the 'big four' your squad lacks some quality. Besides I have never really though Benitez was the best choice of manager for your team.

Both will finish lower than last year, perhaps only a place or maybe two. But almost certainly lower. (Of course I hope otherwise for Everton)

Don't really fear any of them in the sense you mean. I suspect Torres will be dangerous if he plays. However even if he does I don't think he will be all that fit. The game may be more important to Liverpool than Everton this time around, so he may be pushed onto the pitch a week or so too soon. As for Gerrard, he is dangerous in a different way. He does seem to get free kicks without anything wrong being done to him a lot of the time, and he excells in doing this in Derby games, so that in itself makes him very dangerous indeed.

No. Not a hope in hell

I would wish you the best of luck, but I am sure you will not think it sincere, lets just say I would like to see a good game without red cards flowing.

For us, awful...we can't get a team together.I think the league is entertaining though, just feel we could have been in the current fight for 4th spot if we had a bit more lucky with injuries.

No change, top half but outside europa league spot(s). We all knew the players we had out at the start and I think expecting any more would blind optimism.

2 that are out and 1 that's just back from a lengthy injury. Jagielka and Arteta and then Pienaar. Jags was our best defender last season by a mile and our player of the year comfortably. Arteta and Pienaar allow us to play through the midfield, without them there's no-one to keep hold of the ball so we end up hoofing it.

Your worst player(s)?

Gosling and Osman. They're both awful. Hibbert gets a lot of stick because he couldn't pass a ball 5 yards but he's actually a decent defender...as for ossie and goose they're just useless.

A very weak one and I fear the worst. There are a few doubts like Saha and Rodwell but generally I think there won't be any surprises...we've not got a squad to pick from so it'll be the best available. This could be the perfect game for Heitinga, I imagine he'll do well in a game like this.

Yes and No. You've been unlucky to lose both best players for a period of time but it's only emphasised what most people already knew, by comparison the depth of your squad isn't as good as united or chelsea. Your first 11 can challenge but past that, lucas, n'gog, babel, voronin etc aren't up to it. I don't think you're far off and this may be a blessing in disguise.

8/9th for us and Liverpool 4/5th...i think city and spurs are gonna push you quite close this year.

Well I hear torres is out? Either way though you can't look past Gerrard. He's got the ability to run a game and change it with one touch...I hate him, dear God I hate him, but he's absolutely fantastic. I'm also a worried by Yossi, if he plays, as our defence isn't exactly at it's strongest at the moment and I think we might struggle with some of his creativity if he gets a go.

You never can in these games, form goes straight out of the window. With our depleted squad though I'm not confident and I'd snap your hand off if you could offer a draw.

Form of both teams is pretty terrible....but then don't they say form goes out the window in this fixture!

liverpool should be able to bring a pretty full squad to Goodison....against our not pretty full squad, so that really should be in their favour.

This seasons position is what you'd expect from us with injuries, hopefully that will improve.Can't see us doing much better than about 7th this year, but then we've had problems.

liverpool, probably are where they belong, they have had money to spend, they have built a large squad and except for the beach ball, they do still seem to get the rub of the green with refs!Your team is full of good players, can rafa get the best from them?

Gerrard will always be a danger, his passing and awareness are 2nd to none, plus he can score.Cahill for us is due a good game, and he would love it to be this game, he could be a thorn in your side Sunday.

Lets hope for an unexpected classic, with no new injuries to either team, no red cards, no sick chants fron the stands.....and an Everton win.

I feel sure that a fully fit Everton, would really have caused you serious problems this season, in terms that is as to who finished higer in the league.Rafa must be thanking his lucy stars that we are in the state were in.

losing Sunday will be bad for either club, for liverpool it will be worse.

Good luck!

Edited by Blue 250

Not very well, infact bloody awful, if we had a fit squad we would be fine, however having near 10 players out every single week doesn't help. I expect it to pick up after crimbo, i just hope that isn't too late

I expected to finish top 6 at the start of the season, maybe challenge for fourth spot, unfortunately it doesn't look likely at the moment. I would now be happy to finish top 8

Our most important players have been out all season, Arteta and Jagielka. Without Arteta we don't have the guile. Captain manchester has also poven to be a big miss, he isn't the best player but he is up there with the top captains

Your worst player(s)?

I hate to single players out for criticism, however Hibbert and Gosling are not good enough

I expect us to play 451 formaation with cahill supporting Saha, he has a knack of bagging against you

I am quite surprised, but it shows the lack of quality throughout your squad, it has been highlighted everywhere but without Torres and Gerard you don't have much

I expect everton to finish top ten probably 8th, liverpool i think will finish outside the top 4 5th or 6th

Torres if fit, if not Gerrard

Predict an everton peformance/score line is impossible. 2-1 everton

Edited by adz09

F*****g awful to put it mildly... We have probably had about 180 mins worth of good performances. The balckburn game, parts of the 2nd half at Hull, parts of the Bolton game and any other game where we have managed to string more that 2 passes together

Yes! Top 6 was going to be harder this year but I would have expected a galiant attempt. However our increase in bad injuries and silly suspensions as well as later transfer purchases has meant the squad hasnt been able to gel and we cant get any balance in the midfield to save our lives. I think top half will be realistic but if more people get injured then we will be in a relegation scrap.

Jags, Arteta, Pienaar. Of the ones that have been mostly fit I would say Saha. The only player right now who can create something out of nothing. At the start of the season I would have said Cahill but for the most part he has been terrible and IMO shouldnt be captain, which is a shame because I love him to bits!

Your worst player(s)?

Cahill/Gosling. Other players have chipped in with terrible performances as well so its hard to really pick out one player specifically

4-5-1 Howard, Hibbo, Joey, Distin, Baines Heintga, Rodwell, Cahill, Pienaar, BIlly, King Loius

Not really, maybe Europe. Alonso was Liverpools best player and for some reason he was sold? If you can keep Gerrard and Torres fit you would have been okay but it shows how fragile your squad and ambitions are that if both of these are out you really struggle. Thats the difference between your lot, Man U and Chelsea. I think Arsenal will be similar to you now with the loss of RVP. Everything went through him and now he is injured and they have no-one to replace him.

Liverpool - 5/6th ish, Everton 10th ish

Torres will run rings round our defence if he plays and Im 99% sure he will at least start. Gerrard will probably run our midfield to the ground unless someone like Heitinga can shut him down. Iv also got a strange feeling that Aquilani may well start or at least come off the bench and do something. Dunno why seeing as he has barely played but call it a 6th sense if you will ;)

Im not falling for that one! Although definately not a 0-0!