IGNORED

World Cup

Draw is on Friday and England have been seeded along with Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Holland, Italy and South Africa.

Portugal and France would be worth avoiding as they've missed out because of their poor qualifying record....which begs the question, how come Argentina are still seeded :mellow: ?

On the BBC breakfast sports bulletin this morning they were talking about the draw and the unseeded teams/players that would be a danger to England. They named three players...Ronaldo, Drogba and Cahill :D .

Could end up in a group with Portugal, Ivory Coast and Oz in fact as they're all in different pots. Nightmare scenario (USA instead of Australia would be possibly even worse :unsure: ).

Pot 1

South Africa

Brazil

Spain

Italy

Germany

Argentina

England

Holland

Pot 2

Japan

South Korea

North Korea

Australia

New Zealand

United States

Mexico

Honduras

Pot 3

Ivory Coast

Ghana

Cameroon

Nigeria

Algeria

Paraguay

Chile

Uruguay

Pot 4

France

Portugal

Slovenia

Switzerland

Greece

Serbia

Denmark

Slovakia

Group A

South Africa

Mexico

Uruguay

France

Group B

Argentina

Nigeria

South Korea

Greece

Group C

England

USA

Algeria

Slovenia

Group D

Germany

Australia

Serbia

Ghana

Group E

Holland

Denmark

Japan

Cameroon

Group F

Italy

Paraguay

New Zealand

Slovakia

Group G

Brazil

North Korea

Ivory Coast

Portugal

Group H

Spain

Switzerland

Honduras

Chile

sorry mates I love all my toffee mates, but as for the World Cup I will be cheering all for USA. Should be a good group for both of us, as slovenia and algeria are great for the two of us. GO USA. Nice friendly rivalry

:P

The draw was just about as easy as we could possibly have hoped for. England should easily qualify

The only possible threat are the Yanks but I have heard they have got a dodgy keeper anyway!

fucking shit group

if we get through we will be playing england most likely

and we know the plan 10 men behind the ball wait for the penalty shootout and watch england choke :) (again) :D

With you on this Sprooly. Although it could have been worse, we could have been chucked in that Group G with Brazil and Portugal :unsure:

Germany will most likely top our group, Ghana and Serbia will be tricky, although I can see us going through as a second place team (fingers crossed).

i was made up with our group! my wife-to-be is American so theres going to be some good banter between the family. I may follow in the example (if we win) of Mr Hammond after he beat a german in a race:

On a side note, did anyone see the CNN coverage? Was absolutely appalling!

• 2 months later...

Moyes talking up Baines for an England call-up today....before the news that Cole's out for three months. Just possible he could make the squad. Selecting Wayne Bridge will cause all sorts of problems so I think if Fabio has a chance not to he may take it.

We're also going to have Yak, Yobo and (maybe) Vic there with Nigeria, Pienaar with SA, TC with Oz, Landon (claimed as ours :P ) and Tim with the USA, Heitinga with Holland and Senderos with the Swiss.

Few outside bets as well...Saha, Rodwell, Jags. Shame for Mikel that he got injured just when it seemed he was going to get a chance....too late now I think sadly.

Anyway that must be our biggest representation ever :) .