IGNORED

Crouch For England

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct smeg, he pisses me off as well, the team practically picks itself regardelss of form. The thing is, if he picks players from big teams, with ya beckhams, ya gerrards etc. the blame will land at the players door. However if he takes a chance on a player, like nolan, beattie etc. the blame will be put to him.

In other words he hasnt got the bollocks for the job, and i dont rate his successor either <_<

I've said the same thing myself, Erickson's got the charisma and match presence of a house plant. If nancy isn't wearing the pants then his other partner Beckham is. He doesnt have a single original thought of his own. Far too easily influenced by public (or an Arsenal managers) opinion you know hes never going to drop Owen or Beckham this summer no matter what their form.

What has Owen done to be dropped? :D He has looked pretty decent when he's played. He not upto his fitness, match fitness right now but it'll improve.

Whom d'ya want to accomodate if Owen is to be dropped?

To answer your question, Defoe should have been in the squad over Wolcott from the start, but it looks like hes staying now Rooney's scoring scissor kicks in training.

I have always thought Owen was over-rated. When he finally moved out of his Anfield comfort zone he was just a bit part player at Real. The less said about Newcastle the better.

Hes constantly touted as one of the best strikers in the world but he goes missing sometimes for entire games, his Hungary performance was shite but not suprising.

With only Rooney falling into the world class forward bracket Owens the best option we have atm even half fit. But he's nowhere near the class of Ronaldo, Henry, Shevchenko, Rooney, Raul, Adriano etc etc. Owen will be first on the team sheet no matter how crap he plays and with Sven taking a crocked player and a 17 year old as the alternatives its even more certain.

Edited by Bluetrip

To answer your question, Defoe should have been in the squad over Wolcott from the start, but it looks like hes staying now Rooney's scoring scissor kicks in training.

I have always thought Owen was over-rated. When he finally moved out of his Anfield comfort zone he was just a bit part player at Real. The less said about Newcastle the better.

Hes constantly touted as one of the best strikers in the world but he goes missing sometimes for entire games, his Hungary performance was shite but not suprising.

With only Rooney falling into the world class forward bracket Owens the best option we have atm even half fit. But he's nowhere near the class of Ronaldo, Henry, Shevchenko, Rooney, Raul, Adriano etc etc. Owen will be first on the team sheet no matter how crap he plays and with Sven taking a crocked player and a 17 year old as the alternatives its even more certain.

Owen's overrated? No. Look at his scoring record. For Liverpool, for England. Hell, even his goal scoring at Madrid was very decent considering he was their substitute, always their substitute. Its was the Madrid politics that lost him his place to Raul who was very poor, not his game. He had a decent return at Newcy as well and he broke his toe, not a rehash of his hamstring injury. So he's not crocked. He's still got one of the best goals to game and minutes per goal record in the world. To say he's overrated is silly.

Owen is a poacher. He gets goals, he might not be in form he'll still score if he gets half a chance. He has come back from injury, he is getting match fit, he was shite against Hungary? He might be invisible for 87 minutes but he'll score in the 88th. Get it? He might not shatter defenses with his dribbling ability, but he does scare them with his directness and movement.

Adriano has been shite, for Inter last season. Raul has been hopeless, didnt score for Spain in over 8 months and he played in all their games. Rooney is injured...why cant you guys get it? Owen WAS injured. Rooney IS injured, get over it. Minus Rooney, he is Englands best striker (on par with Rooney,why? he gives you goals), better than Crouch, better than Beattie, better than Defoe, better than Johnson, better than Bent, better than Walcott, get it? He might not be better than Shevchenko, Henry et al. I think you are mistaking 'being better' for being more talented. Is Henry more talented than Owen? Yes. Has he been a major major player for France. He's been alright for France, his goals return has been decent, for France. For Arsenal, he's looked godly, for France he's looked alright. Does he have a better international record than Owen. No.

Theres only Shevchenko and Ronaldo left. Hmm. Does that mean you are putting Owen in the top 5 list of best international strikers at this point? I will.

^ You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else but a comment about Crouch and now one about Owen have sent you into rant mode!

If i remember right you did it over an Alonso comment a few weeks back, do yourself a favour and take off those red tinted specs this is an Everton forum. You add some good points about Everton & football in general but jumping to the defence of every RS player past and present is exactly what i for one hate about RS fans.

Chill out i dont entirely agree with most comments regarding Owen but one thing is for sure he has been off the boil for ages now and if he doesnt turn it on in the first couple of games we are fooked because he will start no matter what. Owen off form hurts the england team because so much of his game centres around pace & movement he has very little else to offer such as being deadly from free kicks or a battering ram from corners.

I think taking a 17 year old, an injured Rooney, a clearly not sharp enough Owen and Crouch as our only fit striker it a fooking joke, i'm praying to be proven wrong but i would quite gladly put money on Gerrard starting up front in at least one of our group games. For a country with so much talent up front that is a joke whatever way you look at it!!

If i remember right you did it over an Alonso comment a few weeks back, do yourself a favour and take off those red tinted specs this is an Everton forum. You add some good points about Everton & football in general but jumping to the defence of every RS player past and present is exactly what i for one hate about RS fans.

Um..what? I supported a player who i think is still good. Somebody called Owen 'overrated' and i disagreed. There was no 'ranting' in it. And there was no LFC bias in the post at all, i would have done the same if it was somebody else.

Owen's overrated? No. Look at his scoring record. For Liverpool, for England. Hell, even his goal scoring at Madrid was very decent considering he was their substitute, always their substitute. Its was the Madrid politics that lost him his place to Raul who was very poor, not his game. He had a decent return at Newcy as well and he broke his toe, not a rehash of his hamstring injury. So he's not crocked. He's still got one of the best goals to game and minutes per goal record in the world. To say he's overrated is silly.

Owen is a poacher. He gets goals, he might not be in form he'll still score if he gets half a chance. He has come back from injury, he is getting match fit, he was shite against Hungary? He might be invisible for 87 minutes but he'll score in the 88th. Get it? He might not shatter defenses with his dribbling ability, but he does scare them with his directness and movement.

Adriano has been shite, for Inter last season. Raul has been hopeless, didnt score for Spain in over 8 months and he played in all their games. Rooney is injured...why cant you guys get it? Owen WAS injured. Rooney IS injured, get over it. Minus Rooney, he is Englands best striker (on par with Rooney,why? he gives you goals), better than Crouch, better than Beattie, better than Defoe, better than Johnson, better than Bent, better than Walcott, get it? He might not be better than Shevchenko, Henry et al. I think you are mistaking 'being better' for being more talented. Is Henry more talented than Owen? Yes. Has he been a major major player for France. He's been alright for France, his goals return has been decent, for France. For Arsenal, he's looked godly, for France he's looked alright. Does he have a better international record than Owen. No.

Theres only Shevchenko and Ronaldo left. Hmm. Does that mean you are putting Owen in the top 5 list of best international strikers at this point? I will.

First off I stated Owen was our best option for now, but thats due to the lack of forwards we have coming through or being blooded (and I dont mean Walcott). I know Owens been injured but he hasnt played consistantly well since he left Liverpool. The crocked player I mentioned was Rooney...

Secondly, Raul has scored around 44 goals for Spain, not too shabby and Adriano would run rings around Owen all day and he can score with it. You can add Trezeguet, Et'o, Ronaldinho, Van Nistelrooy and even Larrson to the list who piss all over Owen.

Owen is a one trick pony and quality International sides know how to keep him quiet. Yes he has a good scoring ratio for England but in the World Cup you need players at the top of their form. Not half fit. Owens scored 20 club goals in 2 years added to the fact he hasnt played for 6 months. Hes a decent player but hes off form. All this hype about how hes going to bring England the World Cup is bullshit.

You say you would prefer Owen over Henry in an international side. Do you remember Euro 2004 the last real tournament? Owen scored one goal in the entire tournament and twice in Japan in 2002.

Edited by Bluetrip