IGNORED

B'ham 0-1 Everton

beattie

sounds like a good midfield performance. finally we looked creative and inventive.

VDM and Davies playing well, the usual from Tim and yet another classy display fromn the quality Arteta.

BT had a couple of chances which is encourgaing cos he got in the positions

Come on boys, lets keep going and really upset the pundits by flying up the league

Just watched the game good performance and amazing effort by some of the players. Yobo was brilliant solid at the back and nothing could get past him and he didn't try anything stupid. The midfield was looking good to and Davies and Cahill both worked well together and looked very busy. VDM needs to get fit but the touches he was showing in the first half were very promising and he could become a very good signing.

Arteta was good as always and Beatties work rate was great, he never stopped running although he still needs a few more matches to get completley match fit. Fergie won most things in the air although i still can't get over how he let the ball roll on past him when he could have side footed it into the net.

Lots of positives from the game 3 points, a clean sheet and the team all working for each other and were off the bottom of the league.

Just watched the game good performance and amazing effort by some of the players. Yobo was brilliant solid at the back and nothing could get past him and he didn't try anything stupid. The midfield was looking good to and Davies and Cahill both worked well together and looked very busy. VDM needs to get fit but the touches he was showing in the first half were very promising and he could become a very good signing.

Arteta was good as always and Beatties work rate was great, he never stopped running although he still needs a few more matches to get completley match fit. Fergie won most things in the air although i still can't get over how he let the ball roll on past him when he could have side footed it into the net.

Lots of positives from the game 3 points, a clean sheet and the team all working for each other and were off the bottom of the league.

It would be great to make Al Green the gobshite east humble pie come the end of the season.

the guy is such a p...rick

What is encourageing is that against Chelsea, it wasn't a case of Nigel Martin having an amazing game, it was a case that, playing 4-4-2 we limited THAT team to pot shots at our goal.

Against Boro in mid week, we left a few players out, but overall in 90 min we were the better team. (just look at the stats from that game)

Against Birmingham away, we created the better chances, and were again the better team.

we have been like this for big periods in a lot of games this season, only to get hit buy a few sucker punches.

Our performances are becoming solid for the whole 90 mins now, and I think the players confidence is growing.

I think we have got quality players all over the park at the moment and they are starting to come together, Moyes has got the nucleuse of a good team and a couple more additions will make us a very decent squad. Its been a long time since I thought that about an Everton squad.

What is encourageing is that against Chelsea, it wasn't a case of Nigel Martin having an amazing game, it was a case that, playing 4-4-2 we limited THAT team to pot shots at our goal.

Against Boro in mid week, we left a few players out, but overall in 90 min we were the better team. (just look at the stats from that game)

Against Birmingham away, we created the better chances, and were again the better team.

we have been like this for big periods in a lot of games this season, only to get hit buy a few sucker punches.

Our performances are becoming solid for the whole 90 mins now, and I think the players confidence is growing.

I think we have got quality players all over the park at the moment and they are starting to come together, Moyes has got the nucleuse of a good team and a couple more additions will make us a very decent squad. Its been a long time since I thought that about an Everton squad.

I think that bar a goal poacher - we already have a good squad - its better than mosts. Its certainly better than Pompeys and Wigans - just a shame that we met them at a bad time!

I like this attacking formation.

now everyone's gone 4 - 1 - 4 - 1 (or 4-5-1) our attack has been shown to be not strong enough to break down the more defensive formation.

with a decent attacking 4-4-2 with good overlap from the full backs you've got a really good attacking formation. while I wouldn't say that beattie and ferguson our the best strikers the premiership has to offer they can both head the ball well and take on decent crosses. with balls coming in from VDM, Arteta, A left back and Hibbert (who's crosses look to be improving) we should be able to produce some goals. as well as that we've got Timmy who can get on the end of balls in the air and on the ground and others in the middle who can shoot.

VDM and Arteta can both pass well so i really want to see some good stuff coming from the wings now.

While it'll take a few games before i start living the dream again I think if Arteta and VDM can stay fit we have the basis on which to score goals. And we've got enough good defenders to cover injuries and keep a solid back 4.