IGNORED

Honeymoon Ideas

Matt

alright guys, im getting hitched to my american girl in August and we're really struggling on findin a place to go. Weve got 5k (max! rather not spend near that!) but have ruled out Mauritius, Seychelles seem overpriced and Maldives weather is apparently "bad" (whatever they interperate as bad anyhow) during August. Im set on the Maldives, being from Liverpool orignally i can stand a little wind and rain but Mrs Spidey-to-be is from Arizona and therefore is confused by this form of weather (shes getting used to it now though, Geneva really hammered home what cold and wet meant!).

So... Ideas? Or companies who wont bend me over with an ungreased rusty iron pole in their hand whilst smiling manically?

Never been in a position to spend that much on a holiday sadly...our "honeymoon" was one night in a hotel in Devon, about a mile and a half from our house. Nice hotel mind....and a memorable occasion :P .

You going for a week or two? If it's only a week I'd stay closer to home (Europe I mean, not Scunthorpe) and go for luxury but if it's two or longer then I'd go further afield. Maybe South Africa? June/July-ish :lol: .

We went to Maldives, Kerudu Island Resort, for our honeymoon 6 years ago. Fantastic place, weather hot all day long (went in May) and at night you get to see thunderstorms hovering over the other islands. Just make sure you have a piss before getting on the sea plane, the vibrations make you need a piss!

Friends of ours are getting married end of June and going to Maldives for their honeymoon.

We went to Maldives, Kerudu Island Resort, for our honeymoon 6 years ago. Fantastic place, weather hot all day long (went in May) and at night you get to see thunderstorms hovering over the other islands.

MMMmmm.....These " other islands "....You would recon they must get pretty pissed off with that arrangement!!

Can't be nice being lashed with thunderstorms, whilst honeymooners on the neighbouring island are you using you as pre copulation entertainment! :rolleyes:

im off to antigua in may and its ment to be really nice weather through until aug, although its pretty hot all year round! im staying at the hawksbill hotel, by rexroth for 3k for 10 days. play virgin and thompsons off against each other and you can easily save 10-20% off any holiday

Cook Islands look nice.

We're planning a big long-haul trip in the next few years. Got 17,500 Air Miles (growing at about 2,500/3,000 a year) so anywhere is possible (Oz is 10,000 return). Not decided yet exactly where but it'll be nice to finally get into the southern hemisphere. Made it as far as the tropics but not crossed the equator yet.

Fancy a camper van in Australia myself, but I'd like to see India. And South Africa, China, Japan and about another hundred other places :unsure: .

• 2 weeks later...

got it all booked for 4997.50! 10 days in the Maldives :)

www.holidaysplease.co.uk

These guys were brilliant and very patient, got us the cheapest deal by far (sent exactly the same quote to some other sites and they were all at least 1500+ more!)

just to share (and make y'all a little jealous ;) ):

4 days here on half board, beach villa http://www.cocopalm.com/en/dhuni-kolhu/location/index.php

4 days here on half board, water villa http://www.aaaresorts.com.mv/Medhufushi/

2 days at the last place in the honeymoon villa on half board again.

includes all the flights (economy class) and transfers too!

anyway, some shameless advertising well deserved. At least for now, we will see how well it goes in reality but all the other reviews have been excellent!

Not too shabby there mate.

I could cope with a bit of that.....just worried I can't see a karaoke bar and a bingo hall. And do they do a decent full English :lol: ?

just cleared my student loan and BAM! there it goes again.... they do "unpretentious" food, which im a little nervous about, but alas no dont think they do. shame really. oh well, just have to live on cocktails with a beautiful naked woman. dont think the food appetite will be getting too much attention! i hope so anyway, all these jokes about marriage being the death of sex scares the shit outta me! I used to just laugh along with everyone else but now its my turn :crying_anim02:

good to hear dude! anyway, on the off chance that its true going to make the most of it. "another cocktail my dear? MMMMMWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!"

back of the net....

do people actually have sex after marriage

i need to have a word with my wife she's been with holding the bounty for years now.