IGNORED

Australian Time Zones.

MikeO

Reading up on Oz as we're down there this made me laugh...

Australia is divided into three time zones. Eastern Standard Time (EST) covers Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, Victoria and Tasmania, and is nine hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Central Standard Time (CST) operates in South Australia and the Northern Territory and is nine-and-a-half hours ahead of GMT. Western Standard Time (WST) operates in Western Australia and is eight hours ahead of GMT, two hours behind EST and one-and-a-half hours behind CST. In summer it becomes really confusing, because not all states operate daylight saving (summer time). In Queensland, WA and the NT, they don't "do" daylight saving. The other states advance their clocks by one hour from October to March each year. Unfortunately, they don't all change at the same time. And don't forget British Summer time is one hour AHEAD of GMT from April-October.

If we were you, though, ignore all this crap and ask someone what the time is when you get off the plane. :lol:

:P

It does get confusing, I'm from Sydney and don't really have any family in other parts of Australia where the time zone is different. When comparing to England, obviously as stated during the non-daylight savings months (usually the start and end of a season) all games start 9 hours after the advertised time, so works well with a midday kickoff as it's on at 9 pm here, as well as any other games late in the afternoon depeding how late you stay up. The only killers in this situation are the nightime games, which generally start at 4 <_<

When daylight savings hits, it's the middle of the afternoon games that are the killers, and even the earlier games dont really start until midnight onwards. The one positive is that the night games are on early enough (usually around 7 am) to get up and watch :)

Basically, if I fancy watching any of the Australian tour I have to get up at 5am?!

Looks like the Melbourne one will be 10.30, I think I can handle that!

I think the Sydney FC game this Saturday is a 8 pm kickoff, so it'll be on at 11 am back in England to watch.

Okay, numbers really aren't my thing and I've no idea whether Melbourne is currently in daylight saving time or not, could someone point me in the right direction as to what time I have to get up to watch the next game.

Sorry for my idiocy :'(

I'll answer the ones I can ;)

I am just confused now.

And I didn't get to see the game against Sydney. What was it shown on?

Everton TV

And what time was it on?

10.30 K.o GMT

What time is it now?

Who am I?

A blue!

Where am I?

Right now, no idea

Is this a fish I see flying past?

85980d1200272701-catching-flying-fish-flying_fish.jpg

Being Winter at present, there'e no Daylight savings, and thus the east coast(where Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane are) are all 10+ GMT.

Easy. :)

...and might I add that you are lazy pricks complaining about times...I've got up at 4:30 am to watch the world cup finals, so shut your pie holes! :P

Edited by BrotherEstapol

...and might I add that you are lazy pricks complaining about times...I've got up at 4:30 am to watch the world cup finals, so shut your pie holes! :P

That makes two of us :)

Being on leave from work, I usually get some more sleep after the games, but it was around 7.30am by the time it was all over. No point :)