IGNORED

The Fat Spanish Waiter Watch

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

"It was very difficult for our team," Benitez said. "We started well, but we never had the game under control and they were physically stronger and in better condition than us.

"They were better prepared for this game and we have not had enough time to practise together because of the World Cup finals and having so many players back late.

"To have the World Cup and then two international match breaks like this at the start of the season is not good for my preparation. I want to make things change my way, but it will take time."

"We have not changed much and in this game we played the same way as we did against Roma, but the difference was that this time the opposition was much better prepared for us."

He said it was too soon for him to be judged on his team's performances.

"We want to go a step further with our performances, but it is too soon. We need more time if we are to do it the way I want to do."

The excuses are out already :lol:

Discuss

I read somewhere a quote, that he needs to make a lot of changes after Mourinho and it's gonna take time. It made me think, if Mourinho managed to win the treble with this team (a treble which included the Champs League and Domestic League titles), surely there ain't gonna be too much that you need to change!

Guest Reg Reagan
Rafael "Rafa" Benítez Maudes (born 16 April 1960) also known as the "Fat Spanish Waiter" by opposition supporters is a Spanish football manager and former player, currently in charge of Internazionale having replaced José Mourinho in June 2010. He is perhaps best known for his six year spell managing Liverpool between 2004 and 2010.

Born in Madrid, The Fat Spanish Waiter played football throughout his youth and joined the Real Madrid academy. He mixed his university studies with his football career at lower division Spanish teams. He joined Real Madrid's coaching staff at the age of 26, going on to work as the under 19 and reserve team coach, and assistant manager for the senior team. The Fat Spanish Waiter moved away from Real Madrid but management spells at Real Valladolid and Osasuna were short-lived and unsuccessful.

The Fat Spanish Waiter guided Segunda División side Extremadura back to the Primera División in his first season in 1997, but the team was relegated the following season. He left the club, taking a brief break from football before returning to coach Tenerife in 2000. The Fat Spanish Waiter was appointed coach of Valencia and he proved himself to be amongst the top Spanish managers by winning La Liga in the 2001–02 season—Don Balón and El País named him Manager of the Year. In 2004, another league title and a UEFA Cup victory were added. However, a disagreement between Benítez and the club director over team investment caused the Spaniard to switch to English Premier League team Liverpool F.C.

The Fat Spanish Waiter was a high-achiever in his first season as he guided Liverpool to victory in the UEFA Champions League, the highest honour in European club football. In the following three seasons he won the FA Cup, amongst other honours, and reached the 2007 Champions League Final, but remained unable to win the Premier League, with Liverpool's best performance under Benítez a second place finish in 2008–09.

Obviously someone has too much times on their hands :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest Reg Reagan

1-1 draw with Sampdoria at home :lol:

He is doing well in Italy by destroying Mourinho's champion team.

I'll give him 1 more season til we will see Inter fighting for relegation under the Fat Spanish Waiter

Guest Reg Reagan

The fat Spanish son of a whore is at it again.

Rafael Benitez has launched another cryptic attack on the current regime at Liverpool, this time lambasting successor Roy Hodgson.

Almost two weeks to the day since hitting out at then-managing director Christian Purslow and comparing his own departure from Anfield to a bottle of milk, Benitez claimed Hodgson could not "see a priest on a mountain of sugar".

Inter Milan boss Benitez, back in England for Tuesday night's Champions League game at Tottenham, was responding to accusations from Hodgson that he had banned club ambassador and scout Kenny Dalglish from Liverpool's Melwood training ground during his time in charge.

"I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," Benitez said.

"Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know.

"And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar.

"Maybe he hasn't been in Liverpool too long. We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players.

"So maybe he cannot understand this."

He added: "I brought back Kenny Dalglish to do a role in the club and Christian Purslow gave him another role.

"He (Hodgson) doesn't know but I will explain it to him.

"So, instead of talking about the flips or the flops, he has to concentrate on his players, try to do his best.

"He has a good job to do."

Once again defending his own record as Liverpool manager during a six-year reign that ended in the summer, Benitez said: "They've signed nine players.

"With £10million net spending, I left that squad with £300million value, 13 internationals.

"So, instead of talking about flips and flops, he has to concentrate on his job, try to do his best and not talk about the level of his players or the new players.

"Concentrate, try to do your best because it will be the best for the club and it will be the best for the fans."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...