IGNORED

Wheres Yakubu?

fstupot

That is the problem though wants he wants a move, normally after about 18 months, he tends to go the other way and just sulk around the place and not pull his considerable weight and we have seen evidence of him doing that here already

True, but in the past he hasn't had the chairman of another club basically saying he's worthless. I think that will fire him up (fingers crossed anyway!).

I was impressed with him. He get's labelled as lazy but it's easy to over look how much his off the ball movement helps us, just becasue he's not an "AJ style headless chicken run run run...." style player he gets called lazy. His off the ball movement was brilliant though, he kept dropping out wide which pulled the two central defrender apart which in turn allowed Cahill to get into more threatening positions. It's very easy to forget just how good Yak was.

I was impressed with him. He get's labelled as lazy but it's easy to over look how much his off the ball movement helps us, just becasue he's not an "AJ style headless chicken run run run...." style player he gets called lazy. His off the ball movement was brilliant though, he kept dropping out wide which pulled the two central defrender apart which in turn allowed Cahill to get into more threatening positions. It's very easy to forget just how good Yak was.

And that is the work and graft that makes the real difference to the team, not running after aimless balls down the flanks.

I dont think anybody wants him to be running around like a headless chicken, personally I would be happy if he would shift his fat lazy arse a couple of inches to the left or right when a ball to him is slighlty misplaced instead of just shrugging his shoulders and maybe once or twice a season close down the odd defender

Right, i read half of this topic and got very bored very quickly with some of the comments made... I respect alot of peoples views on this board but today a few i defintely disagree with.

Firstly and most of all, the yaks weight... People who call him fat, overweight etc etc are so dissilusional. Did those people who mentioned sit in the match saturday and see him when he came on? His movement was brilliant, his strength was second to none ... extra muscle and beef is all good for a striker specially if your wanting to play a lone striker because most of the time hes going to be covered by 2 strong centre backs... People need to move on from this weight issue, imo its bullshit, and a way of papering the cracks in respect to there own problems with the yak.

And i also disagree with the "15 minute cameo means nothing" line, im sorry but he done more in 15 mins than beckford and saha have done in all there time on the pitch so far this season.

im by no means a super yak fan, but lets look at it, he came on saturday against manutd, looked fantastic holding the ball up, feeding players in for shots on goal, and bringing the midfield into play higher up the pitch... Wait till he scores, and midway through the season, we will reconvene and see who was actually right. Yak proven goalscorer, that will never change so lets give him the chance he deserves and get off his back.

I hope my argument adds an extra dimension to this debate as so far its all been yak this yak that :D

Right, i read half of this topic and got very bored very quickly with some of the comments made... I respect alot of peoples views on this board but today a few i defintely disagree with.

Firstly and most of all, the yaks weight... People who call him fat, overweight etc etc are so dissilusional. Did those people who mentioned sit in the match saturday and see him when he came on? His movement was brilliant, his strength was second to none ... extra muscle and beef is all good for a striker specially if your wanting to play a lone striker because most of the time hes going to be covered by 2 strong centre backs... People need to move on from this weight issue, imo its bullshit, and a way of papering the cracks in respect to there own problems with the yak.

And i also disagree with the "15 minute cameo means nothing" line, im sorry but he done more in 15 mins than beckford and saha have done in all there time on the pitch so far this season.

im by no means a super yak fan, but lets look at it, he came on saturday against manutd, looked fantastic holding the ball up, feeding players in for shots on goal, and bringing the midfield into play higher up the pitch... Wait till he scores, and midway through the season, we will reconvene and see who was actually right. Yak proven goalscorer, that will never change so lets give him the chance he deserves and get off his back.

I hope my argument adds an extra dimension to this debate as so far its all been yak this yak that :D

Your right Yak is a proven goal scorer and nobody is trying to take that away from him but unfortunately what is also true is that every club he has ever been at he has got bored after about 18 months and decided he wants to move on and once that happens he just gives up the ghost and sulks around until he gets his own way.

IMO he had already started doing that here before he got injured because he knew he was on his way to Spurs. I dont believe for one minute that his diabolical form pre-injury was just a coincidence and he hasnt done anything since then to make me feel he wants to play for this club.

Why is he still not fit after the World Cup when everybody else who played in the competition was ready for the start of the season, I mean its not as if he even had a good World Cup is it?

Somebody pointed out in here that its the first time another club have pulled out of a deal for him and publicly slated him as being too slow and past it and that maybe that will give him the kick up the arse he needs. Its a good point and I hope it does work out that way because I would love to see a goal hungry, keen Yak in an Everton shirt again. However the lazy Yak of the past 2 years you can keep