IGNORED

Jay Demerit

Really??!! Demerit has proved himself. He has shut down world class forwards numerous times. Sure - he is not going to save a club alone, but the addition of a world class, international player surely cannot be horrible for Everton - who is facing the Championship if something doesn't change. while the US didn't exactly fare well at the 2010 World Cup - they seem to have done a touch better than England, No?

Edited by vshdesone

Proved himself? At what point? He was excellent in the confed cup (against Spain at least) in 08 but was shit in the worldcup- He wouldn't have been shutting down world class strikers at Watford. It was mentioned a few times at the world cup that he has had some eye problems effecting his depth perception. I would MUCH rather see Duffy in there.

Really??!! Demerit has proved himself. He has shut down world class forwards numerous times. Sure - he is not going to save a club alone, but the addition of a world class, international player surely cannot be horrible for Everton - who is facing the Championship if something doesn't change. while the US didn't exactly fare well at the 2010 World Cup - they seem to have done a touch better than England, No?

:blink: :blink:

can i have some??

That would be great can we sign him instead of Demerit?

i cant see moyes restricting youth to be honest with you..maybe that injury has knocked him back a couple years

I didn't mean it as Moyes "restricting youth". He didn't hesitate to give Rooney, Rodwell, Vaughan, Vic... a chance. But I think Moyes is a manager that stresses a good defensive organisation (though that's nowhere to be seen this season). He refuses to play Coleman as a right back for example, prefering the much more solid Phil Neville. That's why I thaught Moyes might be reluctant to go with inexperienced defenders. It was just a thought as well. I don't know, it's possible Duffy just isn't at the level he was before his injury.

i cant see moyes restricting youth to be honest with you..maybe that injury has knocked him back a couple years

I don't know about a couple of years, but the injury was a horrendous one and Shane has already defied the doctors' estimations of recovery time by playing full games as early as August (accident happened late May). However, I honestly think it would be a bit much to expect him to be back at the standard he was at so soon after the injury. He's probably still 'catching up' with fitness levels. It's also important to remember that Shane is still only 18, with only 2 senior appearances for Everton (albeit with an abundance of underage international honours, as well as playing with the senior Ireland team in behind closed doors friendlies).