IGNORED

Fulham (Away)

iggy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bottom of the league it is. I mean fuck, if WBA can find a way to put 3 past Arsenal, surely we can pip one against Fulham. The boys played well enough today, but I'm getting sick of seeing good possession and run without any hope of a finish. If points were awarded for passes completed we'd be top of the league. :P Anyways, shooting practice for Yak (and everyone else) all week.

Wasn't a bad performance today, but after 6 win-less matches a good performance, pretty link-up and a draw is not good enough. Need to see two strikers up top next match. It won't happen if Cahill is fit, but we ought to go for it against Brum, even with 4 in our midfield we should be able to boss possession and Beckford needs game time with Yak, who was looking all day to play through to someone. I think they could be a good partnership as Beckford is always looking to receive through balls.

Sucks to be bottom, but not as pissed as I was about the last two matches. Today the result was on the players not on Moyes. He got his selection right today.

Can't really say I'm disappointed as a draw was what I'd predicted, just a bit gutted to see us bottom of the table. A draw at Craven Cottage in all honesty is not a bad result after all, it's just I didn't see anything to suggest that we've turned the ship around and are gonna start getting wins any time soon; we're still playing well (in terms of putting the ball about, at least), it's just we still don't look threatening enough to put that ball into the oppositions net.

bringin bily on with only 5 minutes left still baffled me a bit..

Ditto, but what baffled me more was taking Cahill off and bringing Osman on :blink:. Taking Cahill off was the right move, no question, but to bring Osman on was retarded. Beckford should have come on, Yakubu was in need of a partner up there, and we needed to put the ball in the back of the net! It's almost as if Moyes doesn't realise just how much shit we're in right now.

Another pretty performance but absolutely toothless. At least we closed down a lot better today and looked like we were up for a fight, so we had energy in that way but we're still lacking it severely when it comes to going forward - one pass forward, two sideways, one back, one sideways, lose ball. Bla bla bla. The goal is ahead of you boys. The only two players I can remember putting some speed into our forward play were Coleman and Pienaar. The player who is the worst for slowing us down was Arteta - the man is prancing about the pitch like a fairy. It's just a shame he can't sprinkle some fairy dust and make us tick like he's supposed to. He gets the ball and instead of looking for a forward pass or to actually run forward with the ball at his feet he gives the ball to someone else within 2 seconds, and it's usually to the side or backwards. If we just put some speed into our attacking play we really could destroy teams at a canter, so it's insanely frustrating watching us labour in attack.

A better performance, by quite some distance, but the fact is we're bottom of the league and we don't look capable of dragging ourselves out of it right now.

Howard - Handled everything that was thrown at him.

Neville - Started off very shakily but improved as the game went on.

Jagielka - I'd like to take his right foot and beat him around the fucking head with it just so he can't launch the ball any more. Every time he got it he was looking to play it long and it very rarely reached an Everton man. He did defend well though.

Distin - I still have kittens whenever the ball goes anywhere near him but he played well today. I can't remember exactly what happened but at one point he saved our arses big time when a Fulham player looked to have the beating of him.

Baines - His crossing was off on the whole today, and I can't remember him doing too much wrong defensively.

Coleman - I do love this boy, he's brilliant to watch because he just has no fear and it excites me beyond belief. Every time he got the ball he wanted to go forward and it was a breath of fresh air. Tired towards the end of the game.

Fellaini - An up and down performance from the big man today. As usual he had great close control, but he was sloppy with the ball on numerous ocassions.

Tinkerbell - Already made my thoughts known on the man masquerading as the best little Spaniard we know.

Pienaar - I thought he had a cracking game. The amount of times he was in a tight situation and got out of it to drag the side forward was unbelievable. He really is showing that he's deserving of a bumper contract with us. My MOTM.

Cahill - For someone who was only 50/50 for this game he played incredibly well and I have to take my hat off to him. It wasn't the best game he'll ever for Everton but he worked so hard right up until he was taken off.

Yakubu - He didn't have his shooting boots on today but the man is a cut above anything else we have available to play upfront and he must play as much as possible. His link-up play is just class in all honesty and he's perfect to play the lone striker role (not if we just lump the ball up to him though, we have to keep it on the ground).

spot on as per romey..arteta frustrates me cos he made a forward run today that looked like starting a dangerous move handed off to the wing which was fair enough but then dropped back instead of tryin to find space forward..couple of good long efforts but that isnt enough to warrant this new contract of his! he needs to do them runs more often and carry on after givin the ball!

Hey guys. First time poster here. Spot on by Romey on the game.

At times we look so close to the team we enjoyed watching on that amazing run last season, but it seems to me it is only confidence thats lacking. That it really is as simple as getting that first win and we will be fine.

Yes Moyes makes mistakes with selections and subs, but he was doing that during the great run last season too.

On Billy, I really don't know why Moyes bought him to keep playing him at RM. Anytime I saw him play he was through the centre, or up front or support striker/link player. Also, I was talking to a Russian friend of mine this week and he doesn't get it at all. He says it's already been shown in his career that he can't play the wing...and most definitely not wide right....makes you wonder what kind of scouting was done on him. I would have liked to see him replace Cahill and join Yak up front.

On Jags, and his woeful passing....well I am beginning to think he is a bit of a confidence player. That he is not a leader to get us out of tough times like Cahill, Neville and to a lesser extent Pienaar and Arteta are. In his interviews he seems a decent, if overly modest and quiet guy. He can be really fierce in defence but I think his distribution will pick up once the teams lot changes.

Not a pretty sight .......

Instead of playing catch-up for the top Five, we are now playing catch-up to get into the top half of the table.

City have now entered the top 4, then you have Red-s, spurs, villa, Birmingham, and Sunderland all spending money and slowly pushing us down the list. I think we have seen the last of the top five and Euro for the foreseeable future.