IGNORED

Will We Ever Have Investment?

The short answer in my opinion is "no, we won't get investment."

An Everton director Robert Earl is worth £200m but says he won't invest further without Everton moving away from Goodison Park, Jon Woods another Everton director who founded a video games/software development company Ocean Software that was sold for £100m doesn't want to or can't invest further and Chairman Bill Kenwright who describes himself as a "pauper" compared to other Chairman is a friend of billionaire Sir Philip Green, who is interested enough to give advice but not enough to invest into the club.

Matt (galacticarachnid) from here made a good point the other day, Everton don't actually need an investor if we want to qualify for Europe due to UEFA's new rules about not spending what we don't have.

What is needed is for the stadium issue to be resolved. There will be people interested in helping out with a new stadium, the problem is giving them enough of a return for their efforts. Everton can't afford to do that AND continue to set aside money for player wages.

If England is awarded the 2018 World Cup. I can see a ground-share going ahead.

i dont even think we need a billionaire, just someone to come in and clear the debt.

if we were debt free we could self fund a new stadium with help from a sponsor, which would be easier to attract if there wasnt three or four other major partners.

we could also have a yearly transfer budget.

we dont need a sheik, we need someone with 70/80m to clear the debts then just let us be self-sufficient.

i dont even think we need a billionaire, just someone to come in and clear the debt.

if we were debt free we could self fund a new stadium with help from a sponsor, which would be easier to attract if there wasnt three or four other major partners.

we could also have a yearly transfer budget.

we dont need a sheik, we need someone with 70/80m to clear the debts then just let us be self-sufficient.

not sure if im remembering correctly or not but someone was pointing out that were not quite self sufficient and each year, despite record turnovers we lose money and extend our debt, so even if someone came in and cleared the debt now, it would just start all over again. That said, and again if im remembering correctly, we're not far off living within our means thanks to good management on contracts etc.

Not sure if someone can point that out if im talking tripe or not, numbers are not my thing. I tend to concentrate more on results and actions than the behind-the-scenes details.

Matt, i think what stevo was getting at was that if we didnt have any debt, we wouldnt have any loans to pay off etc. i remember the 90s where we came close to being in serious trouble but we managed to "restructure" our debts over 25 years or something crazy. Im sure thats where the majority of our money now goes and so we make a loss every year.

If we had no debt, we would have no repayments and so would be in a simular position to spurs, stoke etc

Guest Reg Reagan

its not the matter of whether we need investment within the club...

all we need to do is increase our revenue through gate takings, sponsorships which is quite poor at the moment and other commercial sales.

once we get back to where we belong, the top 4, we should see more money coming into our club.

its not the matter of whether we need investment within the club...

all we need to do is increase our revenue through gate takings, sponsorships which is quite poor at the moment and other commercial sales.

once we get back to where we belong, the top 4, we should see more money coming into our club.

And all we need to do that is to get a new stadium, and all we need to do that is get investment. Unfotunately that's the reality. Kings dock..... Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhg!!!!!

Edited by Hafnia2

Guest Reg Reagan

And all we need to do that is to get a new stadium, and all we need to do that is get investment. Unfotunately that's the reality. Kings dock..... Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhg!!!!!

why should we get a new stadium?

whats wrong with redevloping goodison park by expanding our capacity by upto 15, 000 and bring the stadium facilities up to scratch?

I would love to see Goodison redeveloped and it's capacity increased but with houses only 10 metres away on Gwladys Street and Goodison Road and a school alongside on Bullens Road that only really leaves the south side. With the proposed £9m retail, leisure and business development I can't see any ground development being possible without buying a street or two of houses!