IGNORED

Coleman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be honest, would you want to be a scout for everton? Probably given them a list as long as your arm only to have the sub £100k buys considered.

You often hear about those ronaldo was recommended to Liverpool stories, and van persie was recommended as a kid, wonder what we will hear about?

http://www.tribalfootball.com/ex-liverpool-scout-miller-reveals-van-persie-ronaldo-should-be-anfield-1063391

Lewis Holtby is one we passed on.. he had a trial with us before turning pro in Germany if I remember correctly.

Christiano Ronaldo was another:

And Cristiano Ronaldo; I was approached by a guy called Tony Henry who is now working at Everton football club and he was someone that I played with at Manchester City and Tony Henry was working with the agent for Cristiano Ronaldo and I went to watch him play in the Toulon tournament which is an under-20 tournament abroad and he tore England to pieces. After the game' date=' the chief scout from Everton approached Tony Henry and asked if there was any chance to take the player on trial! I won’t tell you what Tony’s response was!

He wanted to take him on trial! He then come back the Everton fella and said I don’t think he is going to be good enough to make it in the Premier League so I can only recommend that he goes on trial. And at the time I was so impressed with him I tried to get him into Chelsea. At the time I had a good relationship in Chelsea and I actually tried to convince Chelsea to take him and about three months later the deal was done with Manchester United, and the rest his history.[/quote']