IGNORED

Moyes And The Asia Cup

Louis

Moyes suggests that clubs (or FIFA?) should have clauses that prevent payment when players are away with international tournaments. When speaking about losing Cahill for the upcoming Asia Cup he said: "I just feel in this world where the money is so tight for clubs, someone might say if you want to play in that tournament then there will be no wages in that month. We can't stop you playing for your country, but maybe there are no wages."

Source: Liverpool Echo

I can't agree with that to be honest.

For example you can't expect The Congo's FA to pay Christopher Samba's wages if they made it to the Africa Cup of Nations, likewise with Kenya's FA and McDonald Mariga. They'd be bankrupt within a month and that's just one player. Ghana and Ivory Coast would struggle to cover their squad's wages.

Any money would have to come from FIFA but FIFA struggle to pay their association members £1million per year. A world-wide FIFA clause may need to be introduced that means clubs do not have to play players whilst clubs are on international 'duty' for a FIFA recognised competition.

It comes down to this though.. players are paid far too much ;)

Thats right Marco i read that myself they were part of another Group, to be fair to DM if i drove for another firm for a month tdg wouldnt pay my wages would they?? Dont the Aussie FA get paid for playing in the tournament i may be way wrong but i thought they wpould recieve a payment and the players get an appearance "bonus" aswell. Would be even worse if he returned injured Moyes would do his nut!!

Wages? Most of these players have perks from advertising and other such ventures, thats what their reps are paid to get them. Why should clubs have to pay them when they are not playing or producing funds for the club? Might just as well throw money down the drain as pay them when they are taking and not giving anything in return.

Just my own feelings.

I'm from Australia and the Australian FA couldn't pay all of the wages for all of the players. We have 2 Aussie teams here for the socceroos, first we have the European socceroos who show up and do us good, then we have the A-League socceroos who are completely shocking. We need the European players to compete and if the Australian FA had to pay for them then the A-League would suffer as it is constantly in debt and could eventually be shut down.

they shouldnt have buggered off into the asian group then and force us to lose a player for 6 weeks that we didn't know about! african players you accept it cos thats how it is and you know that before you sign them! with australia no one told us that a few years down the line they're gonna fuck off and play in cups midway through the season and take one of our best players for 6 weeks and also that we get to pay for that privilege!

they shouldnt have buggered off into the asian group then and force us to lose a player for 6 weeks that we didn't know about! african players you accept it cos thats how it is and you know that before you sign them! with australia no one told us that a few years down the line they're gonna fuck off and play in cups midway through the season and take one of our best players for 6 weeks and also that we get to pay for that privilege!

Have a cry mate! When we signed him, he haddn't even played in the prem! I doubt Moyes would have turned him down if Australia had been a part of the AFC at the time anyway so what does it matter?

I also doubt that anyone would have picked him to turn out to be Australia's best player ina acouple of years time either...

Might I also add that Moyes was fully aware of Cahill going away when he renegotiated his contract eariler this year...

Edited by BrotherEstapol

• 2 weeks later...

In fairness, it's a one off because the Qatar climate can not host a tournament in the summer.

So will the 2022 World Cup be in January?

The average top temperature in Qatar in June & July is 41 centigrade :unsure: .

Gets as low as 27/29 overnight so maybe we'll have midnight kick-offs :rolleyes: .

There have been rumours 2022 will be moved to January, it's also said that they'll be building exterior air conditioners and others inside the stadiums.

Beckenbauer suggesting it... http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g2Sw2zb166QYZpwleMv7pBcJyHgg?docId=CNG.eb6f793d7e091dc5315bb6b6cbcea713.91

Should this not have been sorted earlier :mellow: ?

Exterior air coditioners? To cool a stadium from 50°C? Very environmentally friendly :unsure: .

I'm referring to air-conditioned walkways outside of the stadium ! It's to be solar powered apparently.

Issa Hayatou, the African association leader has already moved the Africa Cup of Nations to July so it could be moving.Also, presumably the 2021 Confederations Cup would need to brought forward too.

I'm referring to air-conditioned walkways outside of the stadium ! It's to be solar powered apparently.

Issa Hayatou, the African association leader has already moved the Africa Cup of Nations to July so it could be moving.

I'm sure all the clubs will be pleased about losing half a side mid-season and won't kick up a fuss at all :unsure:.

There'll be even more calls for FIFA/someone else to pay the players wages while they're gone.

Fair enough...but you can't expect players to perform beyond walking pace in the sort of temperature they'll face.

I'm sure all the clubs will be pleased about losing half a side mid-season and won't kick up a fuss at all :unsure:.

There'll be even more calls for FIFA/someone else to pay the players wages while they're gone.

Unworkable surely?

Possibly they'd start the season early and/or end it late and take a complete break?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...