IGNORED

Kendall Article From Bbc

Matt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9228504.stm

looking at the table, 2 points of relegation spot and 6 off 5th. Its so tight this year, a few wins on the trot and we are up and running again. Anyone who is writing our season off now is insane. Ive said it before, we were 15th at the end of November last year and had the 3rd best form from Jan-May. We know we have a better squad this year and ive got every faith they will come good soon. Who knows, the Baggies could be our catalyst!

For all you nay-sayers and miserable sods, im in a very good mood at the moment and wanted to share the optimism!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9228504.stm

looking at the table, 2 points of relegation spot and 6 off 5th. Its so tight this year, a few wins on the trot and we are up and running again. Anyone who is writing our season off now is insane. Ive said it before, we were 15th at the end of November last year and had the 3rd best form from Jan-May. We know we have a better squad this year and ive got every faith they will come good soon. Who knows, the Baggies could be our catalyst!

For all you nay-sayers and miserable sods, im in a very good mood at the moment and wanted to share the optimism!

Matt.

Thats all well and good if the teams above you are not picking up points, but we all know that cant happen. Its going to be a long hard struggle, and I dont expect a lot from this season.

In fact this season will probably be our crossroads, If Pienaar goes and we dont get into Europe how many others will we lose, Arteta for his final contract,? Rodwell if United, Chelsea or City come in for him. ? we will probably see the back of Bily and Heitinga who are no longer in Moyes's plans, Jags who wants to keep his England place by playing for a top side.? T

There is a distinct possibility that we will return to the pre Moyes era and become relegation fodder brought on by a mass exodus of decent players and a non existing transfer kitty.

"For all you nay-sayers and miserable sods"

I must be one of them Matt because i am getting a bit worried about where we are going.

Matt.

Thats all well and good if the teams above you are not picking up points, but we all know that cant happen. Its going to be a long hard struggle, and I dont expect a lot from this season.

In fact this season will probably be our crossroads, If Pienaar goes and we dont get into Europe how many others will we lose, Arteta for his final contract,? Rodwell if United, Chelsea or City come in for him. ? we will probably see the back of Bily and Heitinga who are no longer in Moyes's plans, Jags who wants to keep his England place by playing for a top side.? T

There is a distinct possibility that we will return to the pre Moyes era and become relegation fodder brought on by a mass exodus of decent players and a non existing transfer kitty.

I must be one of them Matt because i am getting a bit worried about where we are going.

after the West Brom game i thought id give up being optimisitc. But now the aftermath has cleared, and we are still 2 points from relegation but 9 from 5th instead of 6, the point i made about it being very close this year is still valid. The teams above us will win, but if theyre drawing/losing and were winning we can make up the difference. All teams have bad patches in a season, we have had ours early on again. I think with Arteta out (hopefully get an earfull at the same time, though i doubt it) and Felli back, hopefully coupled with Rodwell in the middle, we still have a team that can turn it around. If Jags is out for the Chelsea game then Heitinga has an opportunity to play where he wants and make a statement. Maybe i was wrong saying WBA would be our catalyst, weve needed bigger scalps in the past to kick start our season. Chelski might be the scalp....

Matt.

I think the next month will show whether we are going to dig in and make a fist of it, or whether we are going to flop and fade away. Lots of points are up for grabs in december/early January and it will be the making or breaking of us and a few other clubs.

I think the next month will show whether we are going to dig in and make a fist of it, or whether we are going to flop and fade away. Lots of points are up for grabs in december/early January and it will be the making or breaking of us and a few other clubs.

very true. Just trying to make the point that the season is far from over. If we are in the same position mid-Jan then we can hope for mid table mediocrity.