IGNORED

World Cup Bid

Looks like we've screwed our chances of hosting in 2018.

Gone from warm favourites to third in the betting behind Russia (favourites....probably because of the complete lack of corruption and supreme racial tolerance there :unsure: ) and the Spain/Portugal bid which was a long shot only a few days ago but has now overtaken us.

Belgium/Netherlands are nowhere.

Shame.....unless David Cameron can do something in the next few days :huh: . No I don't think so either :( .

Maybe we could try greasing a few palms :lol: .

I predict England 2018 and USA 2022.

It's weird but we've recovered a bit in the betting since this morning.....we're now back ahead of Portugal/Spain....but Russia still odds-on.

You have to wonder where the bookies get their info :mellow: .

The one thing I'm holding on to is the fact that we were never supposed to get the 2012 Olympics according to all wisdom at the time. Paris had it sewn up.

Maybe Cameron's being useful for once in his life :lol: .

Who do you guys think will get 2022?

Obviously I'm hoping Australia, but somehow, it seems that Qatar are favourites!?

If I were a betting man, I'd say USA will get it...which also seems silly as I can't see(economically at least) the US being the powerhouse in 12 years time that is today.

If they hadden't had one so recently, I'd put my money on Korea or Japan.

Australia is as good as dead imo. Reynald Temarii has cost Australia the decision.

True...just read that Temarii is still going ahead with his appeal, so that means OFC can't put forward the acting representative and now get no vote.

Makes you wonder...Temarii was an England vote, as well as an Australian vote, so this along with the panorama BS makes you wonder if the UK press are actually just anti-FA mafia! :P

Can only hope now, but I'm pretty sure it'll be England/USA...just hope it's not Qatar!

What is the stadium situation in Spain/Portugal? How much investment is needed? Would they seriously grant the WC to two countries that might go bankrupt because of it.

I would bet on England. Best stadiums, great football country ... I don't see any downside other than the fact that the English tabloids have been hurling mud at the FIFA committee.

If Belgium/Holland can survive the first round of voting maybe, just maybe, they stand a chance. Not likely though :( .

What is the stadium situation in Spain/Portugal? How much investment is needed?

probably better then England.

Spain:

Camp Nou (96k i think) and Bernabeu (about 80k), and they are building Nou Mestella in Valencia (75k), espanyol has a new stadium of 40k seats. then there are 2 big stadiums in Sevilla, both +40k, and athletico madrid and athletic de bilbao are around 40k i think.

then there is Portugal who have a few awesome stadiums ready from their european Cup ( benfica, Porto, sporting)

belgium and Nederland have exactly 1 stadium ready (2 others are big enough though but those will be rebuild). and i don't know what we would do with all the big stadiums after the WC.

edit: sevilla has a stadium of 45k and one of 52k seats, and athletico madrid has 55k-seater

Edited by Churinga

Pretty impressive presentation, I must say. Spindoctors must have been on treble pay to get that out. :D

Was quite good but a shame it perpetuates the impression that there are only six clubs in England :angry: .

Although we got a flash of Everton which is more than most.

:lol:

There'll be no England fans there then :P.

If there are any there they'll miss the football due to being held up in the two longest ever queues in reported history...

"The only licensed shop you can buy alcohol at is the Qatar Distribution Company. They have only two shops in the country, one of which is in Doha. Nevertheless, the Doha branch, though hidden away in a dusty corner, is superb. There is a large range of alcohol, though it is weak on beer, the shop is large and cool and the staff extremely helpful. Prices do vary, but in general expect wine and beer to be a lot more expensive than the equivalent in Europe.

http://www.qatarvisitor.com/index.php?cID=414&pID=1053#ixzz16yJLMJkZ

Lets be honest, it isn't about the football. It is about the politics, where can FIFA make the most money and which of the two countries getting chosen today had the Billionaires to line delegates personal coffers. Oh ! No I sound like a bitter Blue er Englishman. :D

Edited by The Beard

Absolutely disgusting that.

Why is it disgusting?

i wasn't happy when i heard it would be Russia, but now i'm at peace with it. the argument that eastern europe never had one before is quite valid if you ask me (ofcourse that was probably not the reason why russia got it).

Edited by Churinga